Arrow Lemme gih u my Western Conf contender power rankings

Ordered by how likely I believe they are to make the finals.

Keep in mind these are not first round predictions, as the conference is so close it would not be surprising for any of these teams to win or lose in the first round, depending on matchups. This is just based on how fit I think they are in theory to go all the way.

1. Denver - self explanatory

2. OKC - they play more mature than their age. im becoming convinced their record isnt just about being regular season try-hards. I see their style translating in the ‘yoffs.

3. Dallas - very feast or famine squad but their ceiling makes them easily capable of getting three straight series wins. Their two most important guys do have playoff pedigrees

4. LAL - LeBITW will have them playing at their max level, and his presence alone gives them a chance, but the roster doesnt feel *quite* strong enough to push all the way thru. Tho it’s within the realm of possibility.

5. Phx - I dont think theyre good enough to make the finals, but on paper they have enough to have a chance

6. Minny - solid team, maybe theyll surprise me, but none of them have done anything in the playoffs. Theres no compelling reason to have them higher

7. New Orleans - same story as Sota. Theyre good, but you still see them needing a considerable deal of luck to go 3-0 in the West.

8. LAC - If KaInjured, Playoff Pee, James Soften, and Sus-sell Westbrook make a finals run, Ill eat my hat.

N/A: GS, Sac - Much as I enjoy the Beam Team, they and the Warriors dont have any meaningful chance.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Lemme gih u my Western Conf contender power rankings

Don't let media brainwash you. No one has beaten a healthy Lakers team in playoffs. Last season Lebron played with foot injury.

Tight rankings, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron View Post
    Don't let media brainwash you. No one has beaten a healthy Lakers team in playoffs. Last season Lebron played with foot injury.
    Well of course. LEBRON'S not gonna lose, but his teammates might. The issue is theyre the same team as last year... but the rest of the conference has gotten better.

They can beat anyone and with the right matchups I think they could be a conference finalist, but to win the conference you have to win three straight series. Thats where age, injury proneness, and depth affect the Lakers chances. It's not that Lebron cant lift them to be as good as anyone on a given day. It's that theyre SO reliant on him to have to do it over and over. You could in theory have to play 21 games to get to a finals (if they all go 7). He's 39 years old. It's a huge load.

That's why this list isnt about ranking how strong these teams are in a single head to head series, but how likely they are to withstand three rounds in the bloodbath West. I dont think in a single game OKC is much better, if at all, than the other teams farther down. But their combination of mental maturity and physical youth I think gives them better odds at winning three series consecutively than some of the other teams.