Angry Uh, I'm sorry... how is the in-SEASON tourney mvp not automatic regular SEASON mvp?

Like, make that make sense to me please.

Okay if it's some fluke situation where a role player catches fire in the tourney but finishes the season averaging like 8 points 1.7 assists, whatever, I get it. But when a guy is an allstar player year-round and he stepped up during the most crucial part of the regular season and literally won $500,000 for every one of his teammates by shining as the tournament MVP??

How are we NOT calling that guy the MVP of the season?

Can someone explain this?

I'm thinking probably not, because utter nonsense tends not to have great explanations.

But maybe someone can try?

Anyone?

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Uh, I'm sorry... how is the in-SEASON tourney mvp not automatic regular SEASON mv

“Some things you must always be unable to bear. Some things you must never stop refusing to bear. Injustice and outrage and dishonor and shame. No matter how young you are or how old you have got. Not for kudos and not for cash: your picture in the paper nor money in the bank either. Just refuse to bear them.”

― William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust

Default Re: Uh, I'm sorry... how is the in-SEASON tourney mvp not automatic regular SEASON mv

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    “Some things you must always be unable to bear. Some things you must never stop refusing to bear. Injustice and outrage and dishonor and shame. No matter how young you are or how old you have got. Not for kudos and not for cash: your picture in the paper nor money in the bank either. Just refuse to bear them.”

― William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust
    1-9.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    1-9.
    Ezekiel 25:17

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Ezekiel 25:17
    Austin 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Austin 3:16

Sounds like the LeRunner up award.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    1-9.
    Jason Terry. Two bronze medals

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Jason Terry. Two bronze medals
    May I see you out back behind the wood shed for a moment please?

Dont worry about why Im carrying a shotgun, it’s for… something I… Im going hunting later. It’s for something I need to do later.

And put on this blindfold, okay?