Question You make a highlight mix to "Born to Run" by Springsteen. What player do you choose?

Title.

Default Re: You make a highlight mix to "Born to Run" by Springsteen. What player do you choo

It HAS to be a white American, so either Bird or Stockton. I'd personally probably choose Glory Days instead though.

Default Re: You make a highlight mix to "Born to Run" by Springsteen. What player do you choo

It's got to be a white guy from the '70s to '90s. Maybe Bobby Jones? The song fits an athletic type. I'm envisioning some sick transition highlights during the sax solos.

What about a player for the song Dancin In The Dark While Being Hung Like A Bull Elephant?

That one’s gotta be Lebron, right??

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You could probably get away with a Karl Malone transition video personality wise. And I say that having done one with Outkast and Pharoah Monch

National High School Star

Bobby Jones is a good call but I don't think you need to go white, I would argue Zion Williamson is a Bruce Springsteen song

Springsteen's music sucks. Dude can't sing worth a shit

Jalen Brunson

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    It HAS to be a white American, so either Bird or Stockton. I'd personally probably choose Glory Days instead though.
    Eh. Bird and Stockton were kind of tough gritty guys though. This is not their vibe at all.

I went through a lot of names in some rambling monologue listening this song. My first time ever listening. As the song progressed my names changed.

First thought was someone white, happy, sweaty and headband wearing - for the first twenty seconds, I said Bill Walton.

Then as the song got a little more emotion and he sings born to run - I thought maybe a transition player from the 80's like James Worthy or an athletic fun flyer like Shawn Kemp but he's way too black for the song.

Honestly ended with Manu Gibobili. Tough but not fight you for a bad reason tough like Stockton or Bird. Athletic, flying up and down the court with fun highlights on BOTH ends, happy free flowing playstyle. Truly born to run, and very much white.