Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default What are you expecting all NBA team to look like this year with the new rules?

The 65 game minimum got a lot of press, but I don’t see many people bring up that it’s now position list. They went from talking about removing the center spot and making it front court and back like the All-Star voting but they want to step further and remove positions entirely.

Presumably, the NBA first team could be something like

Luka
    Jokic
    SGA
    Tatum
    Ant

You could have one center one forward and 3 guards. I’m not saying that’s the team I’m just saying it’s possible.

With no Embiid….will another center get a spot at all?

Who else is approaching ineligible to open up more spots?

There aren’t even that many forwards when you think about it. Any chance one of the 3 teams is 5 wings?

I guess they just rank the players by votes 1-15 minus the positions but I feel like voters will still mentally build them with positions in mind. Without considering positions they do change in the past. In 2021 Tatum didn’t make it and Kyrie did. Tatum had more total points, but his were at forward. Minus positions Kyrie isn’t all NBA that year.

I’m sure somebody is going to complain.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: What are you expecting all NBA team to look like this year with the new rules?

It’s pretty much Just asking the voters to make a top 15 of people who played 65 games. There are quite a few centers who might well have never made an all NBA team under those circumstances. Some of them in the Hall of Fame.

Default Re: What are you expecting all NBA team to look like this year with the new rules?

I dunno, I guess people can kinda create whatever they think the best starting 5 would be at each tier. Which will vary from person to person but not necessarily just be a Top 5 list. That'd be kinda cool I guess.

Caveat that all the mentioned names meet the 65 game minimum, I'd go something like:

1st: Jokic, Luka, SGA, Tatum, Giannis
    2nd: ANT, Kawhi, KD, Brunson, Sabonis
    3rd: Steph, AD, Lebron, Kyrie, Zion

3rd team is really hard because guys like Booker, Haliburton, Dame, Butler, Paolo, Fox, Maxey, Brown all warrant consideration, but that's how I see things as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Caveat that all the mentioned names meet the 65 game minimum, I'd go something like:

1st: Jokic, Luka, SGA, Tatum, Giannis
    2nd: ANT, Kawhi, KD, Brunson, Sabonis
    3rd: Steph, AD, Lebron, Kyrie, Zion

3rd team is really hard because guys like Booker, Haliburton, Dame, Butler, Paolo, Fox, Maxey, Brown all warrant consideration, but that's how I see things as of now.
    Im gonna give you ONE chance to re-do your list, so that Lebron goes on first team where he belongs.

If that doesnt happen, I will see you in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Im gonna give you ONE chance to re-do your list, so that Lebron goes on first team where he belongs.

If that doesnt happen, I will see you in my office.
    FWIW I had to pause for a bit before putting him on the 3rd team.