Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I had a Jokic/Luka/Mitchell/Fox parlay lose last week.

Didn’t feel a need to threaten anyone.

I saw Haliburton saying he’s started to feel like nothing but a prop bet to people now. I admit I did consider betting the over 19.5 on his last game but I couldn’t because I was on a ****ing Indian reservation and draftkings wouldn’t let me bet from there.

Im sure people do take it too far. But it’s the only new source of revenue I see coming up. If they want those super max deals to creep towards 400 million they better embrace it.

Default Re: I had a Jokic/Luka/Mitchell/Fox parlay lose last week.

Of course they blame the players. Prop betting is a huge scam to begin with, and I don't think people understand how much the odds are against them when they're betting money that they really can't afford to lose. That's why they get upset and take it to social media or to the arenas to let the players know how much money they lost on it. Those people deserve to lose their money tbh.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Parlays are always silly but they can be fun every once in awhile. I one time did a 9 or 10 way parlay and it came down to the last game and I lost. lol

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Parlay is just an overpriced lottery ticket.

Anyway its only a matter of time before some crazy dangerous and desperate degenerate gets in an athletes face after he missed a three and didn't cover the spread. I think it might have been Bradley
    Beal that told a story about laughing in a fan's face when he did something on the court that lost them a bet. It might have been an online interaction though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I am a gambling addict I've spent 2000 in the past month on sports betting

Luckily I'm in profit and am very smart with my bets to the point where it's become a second source of income

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I am a gambling addict I've spent 2000 in the past month on sports betting

Luckily I'm in profit and am very smart with my bets to the point where it's become a second source of income
    If you've been betting on the Nets the last few years you're lucky you aren't homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Parlay is just an overpriced lottery ticket.

Anyway its only a matter of time before some crazy dangerous and desperate degenerate gets in an athletes face after he missed a three and didn't cover the spread. I think it might have been Bradley
    Beal that told a story about laughing in a fan's face when he did something on the court that lost them a bet. It might have been an online interaction though.
    yeah, a parlay is tough. Even a parlay that is nothing but picking winners is tough. If it’s a five way parlay the Celtics will find a way to lose to the Pistons. The universe just wills it.

On individual bets I really don’t see how all the associates of top level players don’t win everything. I know it’s tracked to some extent and you have to have a few degrees of separation but if a friend of Luka is down on his luck and doesn’t want to ask for a straight hand out? What are the odds he can’t get his girlfriend’s cousin to put 2000 on Luka scoring over 30? Just give him the nod and wink.

Luka is scoring 30 any time he wants.

The leagues watch for weird betting patterns with insiders at the sport books but how rare would a Luka over be in and around Dallas?

I don’t know how they keep up with it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

A bunch of years back I was living in a halfway house and one of the guys there used to place like 3 10 leg parlays every night across multiple sports, and he would flip out when he'd have 9 of the legs covered and lose because a role player scored 12 points instead of 14 on the last leg. Like screaming at the TV why did they sub him out I only needed 1 more bucket! And then when he would win he'd throw a pizza party for the house. Made me realize how bad gambling addiction can be. I still have money in my fanduel account but I don't even like gambling. It's too random and you can get ****ed at any time completely out of the blue.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    yeah, a parlay is tough. Even a parlay that is nothing but picking winners is tough. If it’s a five way parlay the Celtics will find a way to lose to the Pistons. The universe just wills it.

On individual bets I really don’t see how all the associates of top level players don’t win everything. I know it’s tracked to some extent and you have to have a few degrees of separation but if a friend of Luka is down on his luck and doesn’t want to ask for a straight hand out? What are the odds he can’t get his girlfriend’s cousin to put 2000 on Luka scoring over 30? Just give him the nod and wink.

The leagues watch for weird betting patterns with insiders at the sport books but how rare would a Luka over be in and around Dallas?

There is a ton of insider trading stuff going on but they don't care because there's so many suckers boosting their profits it's not even worth it to go after the big fish and ruin the companys reputation of being fair with a scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

Luka has a bazillion dollars, if one of his actual friends really needs 2,000 bucks theres just no reason to try and help the guy thru some elaborate gambling arrangement rather than just throwing 2,000 dollars worth of bills in the guy’s face and saying “dont be stupid with this money cuz Im not fixing basketball wagers and Im not giving you any more.”

I mean there might be players that get tempted into trying something but if you get greedy and do it regularly youll likely get caught. And for a one time thing, it’s just not even worth it.

I don’t think it would be that complicated. I think it would just be a “Man….i need 30 tonight. You got me?” kinda thing. And once he says yes you maybe call a couple people nobody would notice and tell them it’s safe to put the rent on the over.

Im sure it happens.

Cali Love

Team parlays are easier.

Kings @ Magic 1
    Hornets@ ATL 213,5 over
    Boston@ CHI 222,5 over
    Nets@Knicks 203,5 under
    Spurs@Suns 2 >10 points

Go or no?

It’s already invalid, because they dropped Jokic points/assists to 21.5 and Leonards payout by 5. The minute by minute nature of these things is annoying. I don’t know if an injury report came out or what but I have to rebuild it to place it. I’m like 15 minutes from a draft Kings state and it actually can tell the difference so I’ll have to run over to NC(avoiding any Indian apparently).

If you are a "**** it, I got plenty of money/buy drinks for the bar, I won my bet" type of guy then sure.

As a non-bettor I have a question: say Kawhi Leonard doesn't play. Do you get your money back or is it an automatic loss?