Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Damn damn damn Jaaaaaames….

LOL I didn't even see it the first time I watched the clip.

That's crazy!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    I don't know how anyone could interpret that as him actually trying to block the shot. Dude was joking around and he clearly had no shot whatsoever of blocking it. That being said, I could see how a teammate would be butthurt about it especially when he missed the wide open shot but whatever.

As a coach I could definitely see how it's inappropriate, but context does matter. James Harden is a clown though, we all know.
    I suppose it would be more accurate to say contesting it. That is exactly how NBA players contest threes when they know they can’t get there. You just have to show you tried. There aren’t many people actually trying to block jumpers other than the freaks like Wemby, who can consistently do it. He definitely defended that three better than many the other team takes when he’s out of position.

Pretty sure he was just trolling his teammate in a blowout win..

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Pretty sure he was just trolling his teammate in a blowout win..

in a world where players intentionally wait a half tick too late to throw up the heave because they care about numbers what do you think the teammate response to you intentionally contesting one of their threes? That seems like an intelligent thing to do? Brings us to two options. He had a bad moment or he’s a douche bag who probably annoys the people around him.

He definitely did that on purpose.
    That would be called "hot-dogging" back in Bob Cousy's day.

Most retarded thing I have seen someone do on a basketball court, and of course its either Harden or Westbrook that does it

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    in a world where players intentionally wait a half tick too late to throw up the heave because they care about numbers what do you think the teammate response to you intentionally contesting one of their threes? That seems like an intelligent thing to do? Brings us to two options. He had a bad moment or he’s a douche bag who probably annoys the people around him.

The weird thing is, I would not have imagined Harden as a guy likely to do this.

The other gif, of him giving up on the backcourt possession? Absolutely. And many other stupid bonehead things? Certainly.

But like being a purposeful goofball during an in-game possession isnt something I really would have pictured from him. I associate him more with apathy, lethargy, and mental absence. Not really with 'being extra.'

Anyway this clinches the early exit for the Clippers. I called the series for Boston last year as the Sixers were sealing up a 3-2 lead in game 5, when the fourth quarter lead exploded and Harden started strutting and Embiid was grinning and shimmying it up, the body language equivalent of "it feels good to finally get out of the first round." I said right there and then, as they went up 3-2 in the series... "they're done." Because clearly the focus, the maturity, the perspective, was still missing. As soon as I saw they were the same old Harden and Embiid, I called it for the Celtics.

Harden's at it again. He just doesnt get it. Clippers are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    Most retarded thing I have seen someone do on a basketball court, and of course its either Harden or Westbrook that does it
    Say what you will about Harden.
    Westbrook would never do that.

Are some of you actually defending this?

This is some of the most unprofessional shit i've seen this season. Dude must be extremely low IQ to think by joking around like this would raise the morale of the team. If he tried this on the Phil Jackson Lakers, Kobe would have RAPED his ass in the locker room after that stunt.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post

This is some of the most unprofessional shit i've seen this season. Dude must be extremely low IQ to think by joking around like this would raise the morale of the team. If he tried this on the Phil Jackson Lakers, Kobe would have RAPED his ass in the locker room after that stunt.
    That's why baseball is a more respected sport in my opinion. To this day, if players do stupid shit like this or if they slack off while on the field running to a base or slack off where they could have caught a pop fly, they immediately get benched.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post

I was gonna say this wasn't accidental. He was gloating at the game already being over and flossing on the opponent. Which is wack and terrible karma for when shit is going to be tight in the playoffs.

Like when Wade and Bron made fun of dirk for being sick and then got silenced.