Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Dunk of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Morant's leaping is a danger to himself, his slight frame is going to get undercut one day and it will be ugly. I am legit nervous sometimes when I see him land. Ant has that level of leaping but he is a lot stronger so I think his body will take the blows better. But both of them should save some of these leaps for special occasions. I just hope that they don't end up like VC or Blake Griffin, guys that were forced to tone it down because they were getting hurt.
    It remains to be seen. ANT plays in a less physical era than MJ and the latter was able to maintain an aerial-based style until he was pushing 30. So far he's shown to be durable. 79 games last season, looks on pace to play most/all of this year, and played 72 games his first two seasons which were impacted by the Pandemic. Could always be a freak incident away but 'so far' it seems like his body can withstand his style.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Jalen Johnson's dunk was way better in my opinion. I mean, Reaves got teabagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Jalen Johnson's dunk was way better in my opinion. I mean, Reaves got teabagged.
    If you removed the two defenders in each case I'd say Edwards dunk looks better on its own merits. And to top it off, the defender challenged it in air and got jumped over. Reeves stood there trying to take a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I'm inclined to agree which is why I'm a bit baffled by the claims of 41" I see online. That dude has gotten rim level on some posters, like this one from his rookie year:

I think Ja has a 44" and ANT seems more in that range but with an extra inch or two in height. He's definitely in that top 1% tier as a leaper. Even more than straight vertical is the explosion he can get without a ton of momentum, like off a gather, so he's gonna catch alot of dudes.
    More evidence from last night.

Looks like my guess topping out at 44-45 IN GAME is right on. ABsolute bonkers to do it that high in a game vs. during testing in a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Apparently Ant dislocated his finger on that dunk.
    That sucks but still not as worse as falling down to the floor after making stupid dunks on a regular basis.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    More evidence from last night.

Looks like my guess topping out at 44-45 IN GAME is right on. ABsolute bonkers to do it that high in a game vs. during testing in a gym.
    Just goes to show Ant's a gamer. In a workout taking a onestep approach he probably gets 41', but in a game under pressure and full adrenaline going he has that extra gear.

I rule the local playground

I'm inclined to agree which is why I'm a bit baffled by the claims of 41" I see online. That dude has gotten rim level on some posters, like this one from his rookie year:

I think Ja has a 44" and ANT seems more in that range but with an extra inch or two in height. He's definitely in that top 1% tier as a leaper. Even more than straight vertical is the explosion he can get without a ton of momentum, like off a gather, so he's gonna catch alot of dudes.
    Is the 41” measurement a standing vertical? if so, it might explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Is the 41” measurement a standing vertical? if so, it might explain it.
    Don't recall it being specified but I'll do a little more digging cause yeah, that probably would make more sense. Running vertical is quite clearly more than that.

Fantastic dunk.

LeBarry fans in absolute awe of a contested dunk...LeBarry would never

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Lol what

Reaves is a white guard that didn't even defend.

Collins is a big man that put up some fight and Ant still left the other one for dead

Does anyone know a good link to ANT's combine numbers? I was looking for them last night and for whatever reason it's harder to find than I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    Fantastic dunk.

If you're spoiled your entire life and have everything given to you...

At least Barry Bonds had people that talked s*** to his face

LeBron is so pampered he literally whines and cries until the NBA throws out anybody that's too mean to LeBron

He can't risk it. Why do you think T-Mac Dwyane Wade and Michael Jordan all average more blocks per game than him? Because they're better shot blockers? Lol
    Last edited by XxNeXuSxX; 03-20-2024 at 07:25 AM.

Does anyone know a good link to ANT's combine numbers? I was looking for them last night and for whatever reason it's harder to find than I would have thought.
    Apparently he didn't attend the combine. That is actually pretty common among top picks.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...rt=PLAYER_NAME

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Apparently he didn't attend the combine. That is actually pretty common among top picks.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...rt=PLAYER_NAME
    Ah, that would explain it then. I was like how hard can it be to find this info lol....

Damn, Xavier Tillman at 6"8 has 10.25" long hands. For reference Kawhi is considered to have claws and his are 9.75" length.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 03-20-2024 at 08:34 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    Fantastic dunk.

Seems like you are too