Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Dunk of the year?

Ant is the most electrifying player since prime Westbrook. Kid is a walking highlight.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Dunk of the year?

That was sick. For sure dunk of the year.

Local High School Star

Oh that is crazy

A lot better than morant. The biggest challenge for him now is how deep he can lead his team in the playoffs.

Damn. Nasty.

Two crazy dunks tonight.

Are we sure ANT's vertical is 41"? Dude gets UP and effortlessly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Christopher Hine: Mike Conley with quotes on Anthony Edwards: “The things he can do, above the rim, below the rim, his strength as a basketball player, when yousee him jump like that, a lot of people don’t continue to go higher. They don’t continue to go forward. They get bumped and they kind of push back. He’s like a cat almost he keeps going forward, lands on his feet. Stuff like that is what makes him who he is and why he can maneuver in the game how he does. That’s what a leader does, man. He’s putting his team on his back. He’s putting us first and he’s putting his health aside and saying hey, it’s an important stretch for us. We need to get these wins. We need to get some confidence building up into the playoffs. Just get more and more respect. I’m his biggest fan. He won me over again tonight not just the dunk, but dislocating his finger, going back there taping it up, finishing the game how he did. Those are stories I’ll be telling people when I’m old and gray.”

– via Twitter ChristopherHine

Christopher Hine: Q: Was that the best dunk of your career? Anthony Edwards: “Hell yeah. What you think? Hell yeah. That was better than the Toronto one, hell yeah. Because the Toronto one, everybody expected me to dunk on him. This one was crazy.”

Christopher Hine: More Anthony Edwards: “It gives me chills, man. Because like, I always dreamed of dunking on somebody like that and watching Vince Carter jump over somebody or like watching T-Mac. I always dreamed of dunking on somebody like that and that was like my favorite one of all time.”

Hoop Central: “Can I have your jersey?” Anthony Edwards: “I gotta give it to Collins.”

http://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/s...39724783755707
    – via Twitter ClutchPointsApp

Clutch Points: “Oh my gawd!” Anthony Edwards’ reaction to his poster dunk on John Collins is hilarious 😂 (via @ChristopherHine) pic.twitter.com/U1FhPvHl6a

"Oh my gawd!"
    Anthony Edwards' reaction to his poster dunk on John Collins is hilarious 😂
    (via @ChristopherHine) pic.twitter.com/U1FhPvHl6a
    — ClutchPoints (@ClutchPoints) March 19, 2024

– via Twitter ClutchPointsApp

Christopher Hine: Nickeil Alexander-Walker: “I don’t think people honestly understand what they’ve just seen. … Walk to a free-throw line, take a step & just try to grab the mesh & then you’ll understand what the hell he just did. That was probably the craziest thing I’ve ever witnessed by far.”

Ryan Miller: Will Hardy said John Collins had a “pretty good cut under his eye” and “looked a little out of it” following the dunk by Anthony Edwards.
    – via Twitter millerjryan

Shams Charania: Utah’s John Collins has suffered a head contusion from play contesting Anthony Edwards’ poster dunk tonight, sources say. Head injury but no concussion for Collins.
    – via Twitter ShamsCharania

no concussion anyway

Apparently Ant dislocated his finger on that dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Are we sure ANT's vertical is 41"? Dude gets UP and effortlessly.
    It's way higher.

Remember when he hit his head on the rim for the game saving block? Ant isn't even 6'6" in shoes (6'4" barefoot). The distance between 6'6" (for ease of comparison we'll just use that number) and the rim is 42 inches. Likely he had at least a 44-45 vertical on that jump alone.

Now also remember that Ant weighs a lot more then a lot of power forwards (he's almost 230)

Ant is legit in the prime LeBron tier of athlete...he just isn't nearly as tall. He's got elite speed, elite quickness, elite strength, elite hops...Purely as an athlete he doesn't have a weakness.

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/sta...5394start%3D60

ArtButMakeItSports
    @ArtButSports
    The Resurrection, by Dieric Bouts, 1480, 📸 by
    @FranManzano__

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    It's way higher.

Remember when he hit his head on the rim for the game saving block? Ant isn't even 6'6" in shoes (6'4" barefoot). The distance between 6'6" (for ease of comparison we'll just use that number) and the rim is 42 inches. Likely he had at least a 44-45 vertical on that jump alone.
    I'm inclined to agree which is why I'm a bit baffled by the claims of 41" I see online. That dude has gotten rim level on some posters, like this one from his rookie year:

I think Ja has a 44" and ANT seems more in that range but with an extra inch or two in height. He's definitely in that top 1% tier as a leaper. Even more than straight vertical is the explosion he can get without a ton of momentum, like off a gather, so he's gonna catch alot of dudes.

Ant seems to poster a lot of players. Damn.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I think Ja has a 44" and ANT seems more in that range but with an extra inch or two in height. He's definitely in that top 1% tier as a leaper. Even more than straight vertical is the explosion he can get without a ton of momentum, like off a gather, so he's gonna catch alot of dudes.
    Morant's leaping is a danger to himself, his slight frame is going to get undercut one day and it will be ugly. I am legit nervous sometimes when I see him land. Ant has that level of leaping but he is a lot stronger so I think his body will take the blows better. But both of them should save some of these leaps for special occasions. I just hope that they don't end up like VC or Blake Griffin, guys that were forced to tone it down because they were getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Morant's leaping is a danger to himself, his slight frame is going to get undercut one day and it will be ugly. I am legit nervous sometimes when I see him land. Ant has that level of leaping but he is a lot stronger so I think his body will take the blows better. But both of them should save some of these leaps for special occasions. I just hope that they don't end up like VC or Blake Griffin, guys that were forced to tone it down because they were getting hurt.
    You're right that his strength is helping him to not get knocked off balance by a defender in the air so he can have a more balanced landing. But on normal landings, it's a lot easier on Ja's body because he's smaller.