Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Do you expect Durant to "ask" out?

I started this thread with Phoenix down 20 at the half. I paused to write this preamble with the lead trimmed to 10. If it serves as a jinx for Milwaukee, so be it:

So, Phoenix looks nothing like a championship contender (no I told you so here, I thought they would win the West). Durant asked out from Brooklyn last year when it became obvious they could not win and right now it's looking ponchos that Phoenix cannot win.

I'm not sure what assets they have to improve the team but having traded for two max contract stars recently and with three on the payroll I'm guessing they're in no position to improve the roster without trading at least one of their stars for a package of players that gives them real depth and defense. And with Durant being 35 with a torn Achilles in his history I'm guessing of their stars he's the one that will want out the most and that he has the second most trade value behind Booker.

I'm not sure who the right fit is for Phoenix. I'm sure the Lakers will want him but the package they would offer is awful. If Denver doesn't win the championship then they might put a package together. I think OKC would put the best deal together, some combo of Jalen Williams, Josh Giddey and other assets gives the Suns more good players while putting KD on a real contender...

...lead is down to 6. Nevermind?

Default Re: Do you expect Durant to "ask" out?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!

Who knows. He's still a talent but his star is waning and I don't care to keep tabs on him. He's tried to game his way to success and it hasn't paid off. I think Phoenix will keep him for the foreseeable future. As long as his numbers are good. He's probably tired of moving around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I started this thread with Phoenix down 20 at the half. I paused to write this preamble with the lead trimmed to 10. If it serves as a jinx for Milwaukee, so be it:

So, Phoenix looks nothing like a championship contender (no I told you so here, I thought they would win the West). Durant asked out from Brooklyn last year when it became obvious they could not win and right now it's looking ponchos that Phoenix cannot win.

I'm not sure what assets they have to improve the team but having traded for two max contract stars recently and with three on the payroll I'm guessing they're in no position to improve the roster without trading at least one of their stars for a package of players that gives them real depth and defense. And with Durant being 35 with a torn Achilles in his history I'm guessing of their stars he's the one that will want out the most and that he has the second most trade value behind Booker.

I'm not sure who the right fit is for Phoenix. I'm sure the Lakers will want him but the package they would offer is awful. If Denver doesn't win the championship then they might put a package together. I think OKC would put the best deal together, some combo of Jalen Williams, Josh Giddey and other assets gives the Suns more good players while putting KD on a real contender...

...lead is down to 6. Nevermind?
    He asked out in solidarity with his buddy Kyrie who felt victimized by the organization because the latter were upset he tweeted a video denying the Holocaust.

Had nothing to do with contenders and winning. Durant really doesnt care about any of that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!

Why not? His legacy is already in the trash bin (top 15 wise). He has nothing to lose. I can see a KD for Towns trade.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Why not? His legacy is already in the trash bin (top 15 wise). He has nothing to lose. I can see a KD for Towns trade.
    That's feasible. I'm not a fan of Towns but he's a star and closer to Booker in age. And they may be friends, I think they were at Kentucky around the same time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    I'm in!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Local High School Star

The trade deadline has long past, so obviously Kevin Durant is not going to ask for a trade now through the playoffs. But as far as this off season? I guess it depends on if they add good role players or not.

So I guess the question now is what type of role players do the Suns need?

Of course he will ask out. That's what he does. He's never happy anywhere.