Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default If you had to guess, why will the Celtics not win the championship?

The Celtics are having a dominant season, but if you had to explain why they are not going to win the championship, what would you say?

Default Re: If you had to guess, why will the Celtics not win the championship?

Jason Tatum.

LeBron James.

Jeff, can we have reps back?

Denver Nuggets

Good High School Starter Chuckbe's Avatar

Live by the 3, Die by the 3

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Jason Tatum.
    Yeah i think they go only as far as good as he plays. Didnt he have bad games when they played GSW.

Good college starter

They were beaten by a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER View Post
    Denver Nuggets

This is correct (IMO).

It is looking like Boston wont meet much resistance in the East, unless one of these teams really turns it up in the playoffs.

But Denver is the stronger team, so if they both make it through the Celtics will likely be out of luck, no pun intended.

Serious playground baller Nowoco's Avatar

Because they're just another 2015 Hawks. Great record, solid starting lineup but no reliable superstar to beat the best teams and no-one really believes they can go all the way, just like that Hawks team. Superstars win championships, not regular season records.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The only thing that could stop them is Zingis getting hurt. If he plays a full playoff run they're winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    Because they're just another 2015 Hawks. Great record, solid starting lineup but no reliable superstar to beat the best teams and no-one really believes they can go all the way, just like that Hawks team. Superstars win championships, not regular season records.
    Tatum and Brown are way better than anybody on those Hawk teams. Zingis is too. Millsap and Teague were trash. Horfords nice but he's an ancillary player. And the Celtics have him too right now.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I think they have a very good chance to win it all this year. I doubt it will come down to Tatum or Brown. Porzinigis is the (not so) secret weapon. You can't really double him and if he is getting the ball and looking for his shot it's very hard stopping him. So the one way I see the Celtics not win it is too much perimeter (Kristaps included) and too little inside game. With a team constructed this good you don't need a hero. Denver beat them twice but both games were close. Could've easily been the other way. Winning the West will be very hard which also favors Boston if they reach the Finals.

Lack of on-court leadership is the one area where I see issues. The Celtics can hang their heads when the going gets tough. They are missing a guy like Marcus Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    I think they have a very good chance to win it all this year. I doubt it will come down to Tatum or Brown. Porzinigis is the (not so) secret weapon. You can't really double him and if he is getting the ball and looking for his shot it's very hard stopping him. So the one way I see the Celtics not win it is too much perimeter (Kristaps included) and too little inside game. With a team constructed this good you don't need a hero. Denver beat them twice but both games were close. Could've easily been the other way. Winning the West will be very hard which also favors Boston if they reach the Finals.

Lack of on-court leadership is the one area where I see issues. The Celtics can hang their heads when the going gets tough. They are missing a guy like Marcus Smart.
    Marcus Smarts career field goal percentage is 38%. In today's era of hyper efficiency.

Dudes honestly trash. I remember watching the Celtics and dude would be ĵacking the wildest shots trying to play hero. Boston looks a million times better and higher IQ with him gone.

Jrue Holiday provides the same defense and leadership but is way higher IQ. And jrue shoots better 49% on the year.

Marcus Smart is big trash and his name is incredibly ironic.