Thumbs up In 2012, Sports Illustrated asked 137 NBA players who they'd choose to start a team

Any name that surprises you?

SI asked 137 NBA players who they would choose first if starting a team from scratch. Here are the results:

1. Lebron
    2. D12
    3. Durant
    4. Kobe
    5. Rose
    6. Chris Paul
    7. D-Wade
    8. Nash
    8. Blake Griffin
    9. Deron
    10. Pau
    11. Rondo
    12. Eric Gordon
    13. Rubio
    14. Bynum

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: In 2012, Sports Illustrated asked 137 NBA players who they'd choose to start a te

The Matador!

Good High School Starter

Default Re: In 2012, Sports Illustrated asked 137 NBA players who they'd choose to start a te

The players don't know what they're talking about. Four guys on that list were on the 2013 Lakers, which would be the season they were talking about if asked in 2012. How'd those Lakers do?

Decent college freshman

D12 not on top 75 list tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    The players don't know what they're talking about. Four guys on that list were on the 2013 Lakers, which would be the season they were talking about if asked in 2012. How'd those Lakers do?
    Injuries happen. All 4 of them had significant injuries at one point that year. Nash got injured the 2nd game of the season and was never quite the same.

I rule the local playground

Notice they left Dirk off list but have Rubio, Gasol and Nash on it. It's because they're salty he embarrassed top American players in 2011 playoffs. I bet if they redid this poll today, they'd leave Jokic off list for same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron View Post
    Notice they left Dirk off list but have Rubio, Gasol and Nash on it. It's because they're salty he embarrassed top American players in 2011 playoffs. I bet if they redid this poll today, they'd leave Jokic off list for same reason.
    I was gonna bring up his age, but they had Kobe 4th despite being the same age. I seriously doubt it was for the reason you gave though

We need to know the number of votes Eric Gordon, Rubio and Bynum received.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    We need to know the number of votes Eric Gordon, Rubio and Bynum received.
    i’m hoping all 3 voted for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Any name that surprises you?
    Is there a source for this? It feels made up in some ways.