Default Re: I have selected my new team to root for

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Solid choice, OP.

damn this some hoe ass sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Cavs without Mitchell
    storyline of the season for the suns. beating teams without their best stars. but suns fans claim they're good, they claim they would have beat them with their best lineup...even though they barely got a W against a star-less team

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    that's how i look at tacos
    what’s your take on fajitas?

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    what’s your take on fajitas?
    not a fan my brotha, i think the spiceness is wrong on it. i'm from Sonora though, we take our beef seriously and you won't find any of us asking for beef to be marinated or spiced beyond salt.

carne asada: ask for diezmillo (chuck) or arrachera (skirt) and just salt it with thick sea salt, do it over charcoal (wood lump charcoal not the bricketts from home depot). make a simple salsa with tomatoe, serrano pepper, hatch pepper, onion, garlic, salt and cilantro.

other cuts of beef: salt and grill over wood lump charcoal. it's simple.

if you find yourself adding oregano and cumin to beef, you need to stop and read my post again.

chicken fajitas are good though, generally that type of lean protein needs spice and all the help it can get since it's low fat and lacks flavor.

just look at the argentinians, they are the GOAT beef cooks and they just salt their beef. that's it. in pittsburgh there's a restaraunt called Gaucho's, an argentinian parilla (grill). they use wood for their grill, but everything is grilled including the bread with olive oil. anyways, they serve some amazing steak and chicken that i would take over ANY steakhouse in Arizona. not kidding either.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    not a fan my brotha, i think the spiceness is wrong on it. i'm from Sonora though, we take our beef seriously and you won't find any of us asking for beef to be marinated or spiced beyond salt.

carne asada: ask for diezmillo (chuck) or arrachera (skirt) and just salt it with thick sea salt, do it over charcoal (wood lump charcoal not the bricketts from home depot). make a simple salsa with tomatoe, serrano pepper, hatch pepper, onion, garlic, salt and cilantro.

other cuts of beef: salt and grill over wood lump charcoal. it's simple.

if you find yourself adding oregano and cumin to beef, you need to stop and read my post again.

chicken fajitas are good though, generally that type of lean protein needs spice and all the help it can get since it's low fat and lacks flavor.
    I bought a Carne Asada burrito from whole foods the other day for like 8 bucks. Total gringo move. Like 80% of it was thick flour tortilla and there were a few sprinkles of beef mixed in and a few grains of rice and beans. I'm not exaggerating. Mexican food is usually top tier but at these yuppie joints I can't even put into proper vernacular my displeasure. I almost want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I bought a Carne Asada burrito from whole foods the other day for like 8 bucks. Total gringo move. Like 80% of it was thick flour tortilla and there were a few sprinkles of beef mixed in and a few grains of rice and beans. I'm not exaggerating. Mexican food is usually top tier but at these yuppie joints I can't even put into proper vernacular my displeasure. I almost want to cry.
    gotta go to the legit spots bro