Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Jokic wins MVP over SGA, just strip Derrick Rose 2011 MVP & give it back to Br

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    that I am a fan of Banchero.
    You mean he's only one of them outta many. Got it.

Default Re: If Jokic wins MVP over SGA, just strip Derrick Rose 2011 MVP & give it back to Br

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    You mean he's only one of them outta many. Got it.
    So what? When you play fantasy team, you got to pick 12 players at least. You pick the guys you like watching period. You finna tell us that you only enjoy watching one player play out of thousands, you sound ridiculous. Like I've been saying, a straight clown lol

Huh i never implied that. You can like a lot of players but the problem with you is that you shift from being a fan of one to another after some period, esp. once you start to see they become successful recently. And the disdain for some that you don't like is a bit ridiculous.

I rule the local playground

Let’s say it’s April 14 and OKC and the Nuggets record are tied. Shai and Joker both sit out the game. Would the MVP discussion boil down to who won that last game? It makes a lot of sense to argue that Shai and Joker are more deserving than Luka because of the wide discrepancy between their team’s records. It makes almost no sense at all to pin the same thing on a one or two game separation.

And, FWIW, no D Joker had 6 steals and 2 blocks tonight on top of his 30 point triple double.

Here’s the unfortunate thing for me about this award. If Shai wins, I will suspect it’s lingering dislike of Joker by the media. If Joker wins, I will suspect that voters were making up for last year’s travesty. It’s a dumb award in a team game, and it made a lot more sense when the players voted on it (though the stat watchers have fits understanding how Russell and Cowens and Unseld could have been MVPs).

35/17/12

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Let’s say it’s April 14 and OKC and the Nuggets record are tied. Shai and Joker both sit out the game. Would the MVP discussion boil down to who won that last game? It makes a lot of sense to argue that Shai and Joker are more deserving than Luka because of the wide discrepancy between their team’s records. It makes almost no sense at all to pin the same thing on a one or two game separation.

And, FWIW, no D Joker had 6 steals and 2 blocks tonight on top of his 30 point triple double.

Here’s the unfortunate thing for me about this award. If Shai wins, I will suspect it’s lingering dislike of Joker by the media. If Joker wins, I will suspect that voters were making up for last year’s travesty. It’s a dumb award in a team game, and it made a lot more sense when the players voted on it (though the stat watchers have fits understanding how Russell and Cowens and Unseld could have been MVPs).

In real life, if the record stays close Jokic is comfortably winning. If it was a two man race it would be closer but the people not voting for Jokic will cast votes for Shai, Luka, Giannis and Tatum. I think 5 players will get 1st place votes. I'm also pretty sure Jokic will have more than half of all 1st place votes. So for him to lose it would take many voters not include him in their top 3 while SGA not gatting any votes lower than #2. And I don't see that happening.

The Nuggets have lost only 1 game since the All star break. Their remaining schedule is the easiest of the top teams on paper. More importantly, they play well again. SGA is a deserving candidate but it won't be enough. With the teams being close he should clearly be better than Jokic and he is not better. He is very good. Not better. Denver needs to lose unexpectedly and lose quite a lot. It happens only if Jokic goes out with an injury. The way the team plays these days they look like a group that wants to finish at the top of the West. They may not achieve that but they also won't be far off.

If OKC and Denver finish #1 and#2 regardless of order they can meet in the WCF. I'd like that. OKC won against Denver in the regular season. So it will (would) be intense.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

You ride for your guys way too hard. Acting like it’s some travesty for Jokic to get mvp when he’s actually the best player in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    You ride for your guys way too hard. Acting like it’s some travesty for Jokic to get mvp when he’s actually the best player in the world.
    He might not win a ring b2b if he becomes the mvp again. It has been a running gag for years now. Last time a league mvp won a title was in 2015.

So now OKC and Denver are tied in the standings. Does this mean the MVP race is now a dead heat?

Does it matter that SGA had a thoroughly mediocre game tonight? The OKC offense looked anemic against what is typically a pretty terrible defense.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    So now OKC and Denver are tied in the standings. Does this mean the MVP race is now a dead heat?

Does it matter that SGA had a thoroughly mediocre game tonight? The OKC offense looked anemic against what is typically a pretty terrible defense.
    People pushing these agendas usually answer these questions like: 'Duh. Winning matters. So obviously Shai has less of a chance now.' Something like this. Then if there is another loss they come up with a different approach as to why their guy should be winning.

Shai now has the OKC record for consecutive 30 pt games. He fouled to get the bal back while down double digits to get it, but he got it.

Shai now has the OKC record for consecutive 30 pt games. He fouled to get the bal back while down double digits to get it, but he got it.
    Yeah, with 9 seconds left in an already decided game he drove for a layup to stat pad and keep a silly record alive. That’s the stuff that MVPs are made of. Never mind that he shot 44% from the field and 14% from three. If you watched it, you know he played a completely mediocre game, but TNT for example is just reporting that he went for 30 and 10. No-one can watch all these games (and many of the people who vote seem to watch very few), so the decision making process is deeply flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    People pushing these agendas usually answer these questions like: 'Duh. Winning matters. So obviously Shai has less of a chance now.' Something like this. Then if there is another loss they come up with a different approach as to why their guy should be winning.
    Totally agree with this. What bothers me is that you can generally get people to agree that the process to select this award is terrible, and yet they go on to place inordinate amount of weight on the same flawed awards when arguing their stupid all-time player rankings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

OKC record include Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    OKC record include Seattle?
    I assume so since okc owns all the other Sonics records. The only reason I know about that record was because of the announcers. KD owned the previous record.