Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If Jokic wins MVP over SGA, just strip Derrick Rose 2011 MVP & give it back to Bron

Rose won because the Bulls had a better record than the Heat.
    LeBron had better stats all across the board

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Default Re: If Jokic wins MVP over SGA, just strip Derrick Rose 2011 MVP & give it back to Br

Did you mean give it to Superman?

Bran wasn't 2nd in voting that year. It was Dwight Howard

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: If Jokic wins MVP over SGA, just strip Derrick Rose 2011 MVP & give it back to Br

We don't know which team will have the better record by the end of the year. The difference is half a game (or one more loss). Not big enough either way. Winning 56 or 58 games out of 82 is basically the same. What if OKC loses 2 games more in this stretch than the Nuggets? Will it make SGA less deserving of MVP?

I rule the local playground

The whole thing is kind of silly. People place much too much importance on it when making their GOAT arguments, and people are way too focused on their GOAT arguments in the first place. MVP is decided by voters who can be manipulated. Last year, we saw how easy they can be manipulated. Same goes for all-star consideration.

If you take Shai off of OKC and they are a lottery team. Take Joker off of the Nuggets and they are a lottery team. It’s quite meaningless to argue about who is more valuable. If you wanted to create a true MVP, you should simply do away with the salary cap and make it so that every contract can be bought out by any team at the end of the year. Then we would find out who is most valuable. I suspect the answer right now is Joker, but Wemby might be close.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    The whole thing is kind of silly. People place much too much importance on it when making their GOAT arguments, and people are way too focused on their GOAT arguments in the first place. MVP is decided by voters who can be manipulated. Last year, we saw how easy they can be manipulated. Same goes for all-star consideration.

If you take Shai off of OKC and they are a lottery team. Take Joker off of the Nuggets and they are a lottery team. It’s quite meaningless to argue about who is more valuable. If you wanted to create a true MVP, you should simply do away with the salary cap and make it so that every contract can be bought out by any team at the end of the year. Then we would find out who is most valuable. I suspect the answer right now is Joker, but Wemby might be close.
    If you could bid for a player for next year only, maybe. But the plug and play part is important here. Which player can you insert without building around him for years? Just put him on the floor with the rest of your current team and achieve the best results via the signing.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    If you could bid for a player for next year only, maybe. But the plug and play part is important here. Which player can you insert without building around him for years? Just put him on the floor with the rest of your current team and achieve the best results via the signing.
    Fair point. The more I watch the Nuggets, the clearer it becomes that a large part of Jokic’s greatness depends upon how well the other guys fit into what they are doing, and how willing they are to take on those roles. He’s said that he doesn’t have to look to know where Gordon is. While this may sound like an exaggeration I don’t think it is. I’ve seen several times where, with the second unit, he has turned the ball over by throwing a skip pass intended for a player who just wasn’t where he expected him to be. Developing that kind of chemistry takes time, good coaching, the right attitudes and talent.

Oh, and I revise what I said before. From the standpoint of monetary value, if even for only a year, LeBron and Steph are still the most valuable. They won’t necessarily get the most wins, but they easily bring in the most bucks. It’s almost unimaginable how much they would be paid if they were on an open market.

Op is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Rose won because the Bulls had a better record than the Heat.
    LeBron had better stats all across the board
    Wait a minute, Lebron only has 4 MVP's in 21 seasons...how pathetic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Op is an idiot.
    Concise and direct sentence. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Op is an idiot.
    You are showing us how smart you are obviously

I'm stating facts here

Good High School Starter

I don't know why pre-injury Derrick Rose is so underrated. He won rookie of the year, destroyed the the Celtics in the 2009 post-season, made the All-Star team his sophomore year and yes, he deserved the MVP in 2011. He improved dramatically his 3-point shooting, he had great athleticism and was a great leader. He also came through in the clutch a lot. However, casual fans tend to think that he was just another great PG, instead of one of the deadliest players in the league. You just have to look at his team, after his injury they never made a deep play-off run anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    I don't know why pre-injury Derrick Rose is so underrated. He won rookie of the year, destroyed the the Celtics in the 2009 post-season, made the All-Star team his sophomore year and yes, he deserved the MVP in 2011. He improved dramatically his 3-point shooting, he had great athleticism and was a great leader. He also came through in the clutch a lot. However, casual fans tend to think that he was just another great PG, instead of one of the deadliest players in the league. You just have to look at his team, after his injury they never made a deep play-off run anymore.
    That's not the point here. Nobody said he wasn't great. We are just saying that LeBron should've won it because he had better stats all across the board. The Heat were #2 to the Bulls.

If OKC finishes ahead of Denver, Jokic shouldn't be winning the MVP.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

That's not the point here. Nobody said he wasn't great. We are just saying that LeBron should've won it because he had better stats all across the board. The Heat were #2 to the Bulls.
    If they hadn't given it to Rose then Dwight Howard should have won it. 23/14 on 59% shooting and was the best defender in the league(he won DMVP that year). You could argue Lebron shouldn't have won MVP at all during his time with the Heatles. He was playing on a super team with 2 other all stars in their prime. Curry and Durant didn't win a single MVP when they were on a super team together.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Concise and direct sentence. Bravo!
    Oh here he is, my most loyal bitch.

Good High School Starter

If OKC finishes ahead of Denver, Jokic shouldn't be winning the MVP.
    In other threads people usually have the wrong perception of him, so whatever the point is, I am standing up for my guy D-Rose here.