Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Gen Z is really pushing the “The 90s were awful” angle lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Lol, I saw a video recently where it said that 20 years from now, kids will be saying we done wit the 2020s trash era where a dude that could only dunk (Giannis), a fat white guy who couldn't jump (Joker) and a past his prime dude with limited bag (LeBron) dominated...BIG TRASH, WE DONE WIT THE 2020s
    No offense bro but if you're in your 40s that means you were a toddler in the 80s. So you saw about as much of that decade live as what I saw of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Pretty sure the average player 20 years from now will be better than your average player today. Won't be too long that 80's/90's players will look like this to a fan say in 2050.

I have my doubts. The human body has its physical limits. Maybe they stress a part of the game different in the future like the 3pter today but honestly, humans can only run so fast and jump so high. I think we already on the limits, unless players get cyborg parts or some shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Pretty sure the average player 20 years from now will be better than your average player today. Won't be too long that 80's/90's players will look like this to a fan say in 2050.

no player today could do what he's doing there. Hand on top of the ball the whole time. Good luck!

Jimmy High Roller did make a great point, kids love saying the 90s had no handles but those players were a product of their time and had to abide by the rules. Today the rules are so relaxed they might as well get rid of them, players palming, carrying, traveling, moving their pivot feet, double dribbling etc. Ain't hard to have handles when you can get away with that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    no player today could do what he's doing there. Hand on top of the ball the whole time. Good luck!

When your hand is big enough to palm the ball what does it matter if it's on top or not? Since that would be imperceptible when officiating the Kawhi's and MJ's of the game, it becomes impossible to enforce. Might as well give the little(handed) guys some leeway.

The real thing to note is the number of dribbles for each step he's taking. There was a time when that was actually a thing for live dribbles. By the merger it was completely gone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    I have my doubts. The human body has its physical limits. Maybe they stress a part of the game different in the future like the 3pter today but honestly, humans can only run so fast and jump so high. I think we already on the limits, unless players get cyborg parts or some shit
    Nutrition, training techniques have come a long way, we are constantly learning new things, I can only imagine how much better it will be 20-25 years from now.

I remember reading somewhere that in the 80's/90's very few professional Olympic sprinters could run a 100 yard dash in under 10 sec. Today we see some high schoolers doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    MJ didn't have it on their level. He was a dominant righty. And he was better than all of them. It's OK MJ isn't the best at everything bro. He's not a better shooter than steph or rebounder than wilt. This may come as a shock to you but he isn't better than everybody at everything. Watch the tape and I'm not even talking about the short clips here.
    These little 'its ok bro' snide comments are always stupid because I never made the point that MJ was the best at everything. In fact I didnt even mention MJ in that post, because what I said about Lebron was at face value and nothing to do with anyone else. So fukk all the way off with that dumb shit, for starters.

The point I was making is that Lebron being better with his left isn't exactly rocket science because that's his dominant side. But we tend to also force people to develop the ability to do things with their right as well, and clearly Lebron is gifted enough to have mastered that.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 03-17-2024 at 03:00 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    When your hand is big enough to palm the ball what does it matter if it's on top or not? Since that would be imperceptible when officiating the Kawhi's and MJ's of the game, it becomes impossible to enforce. Might as well give the little(handed) guys some leeway.

The real thing to note is the number of dribbles for each step he's taking. There was a time when that was actually a thing for live dribbles. By the merger it was completely gone.
    the little guys have gotten enough leeway. The league is all about ball dominant guards now

the little guys have gotten enough leeway. The league is all about ball dominant guards now
    You've had since 1977 to say something about it. Why wait until 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    These little 'its ok bro' snide comments are always stupid because I never made the point that MJ was the best at everything. In fact I didnt even mention MJ in that post, because what I said about Lebron was at face value and nothing to do with anyone else. So fukk all the way off with that dumb shit, for starters.

The point I was making is that Lebron being better with his left isn't exactly rocket science because that's his dominant side. But we tend to also force people to develop the ability to do things with their right as well, and clearly Lebron is gifted enough to have mastered that.
    Yes Lebron is more ambidextrous than Jordan. Bird and Kyrie are too. Mainly because their left hand was their main hand in life but they practiced basketball shooting right. That's what made them more ambidextrous.

Nobodies saying they're better than MJ but you got petty and bitter when it was pointed out MJ spams his right to a way greater degree than they do. That's not my problem.

Yes Lebron is more ambidextrous than Jordan. Bird and Kyrie are too. Mainly because their left hand was their main hand in life but they practiced basketball shooting right. That's what made them more ambidextrous.

Nobodies saying they're better than MJ but you got petty and bitter when it was pointed out MJ spams his right to a way greater degree than they do. That's not my problem.
    So me saying that Lebron is a natural lefty= being petty and bitter that MJ is right-dominant. Never mind that none of my posts in this thread have made any commentary whatsoever about that.

The only thing I've said about MJ in this thread is with respects to what he would average today. Absolutely nothing about his right/left. So as per your usual on-brand bullshit, creating talking points or trying to draw non-existent connections between what I said and whatever your poor comprehension took from my comments. Typical dimwitted fukkery from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    So me saying that Lebron is a natural lefty= being petty and bitter that MJ is right-dominant. Never mind that none of my posts in this thread have made any commentary whatsoever about that.

The only thing I've said about MJ in this thread is with respects to what he would average today. Absolutely nothing about his right/left. So as per your usual on-brand bullshit, creating talking points or trying to draw non-existent connections between what I said and whatever your poor comprehension took from my comments. Typical dimwitted fukkery from you.
    I want an apology boy.

It's like the universe set out to show I was speaking truth and yall tried to clown me for it.

What you think now big boy?

I want an apology boy.

It's like the universe set out to show I was speaking truth and yall tried to clown me for it.

What you think now big boy?
    I think you're an idiot conflating unrelated things and creating arguments where there wasn't one. Kyrie's one of the greatest finishers and shot-makers ever and I've made no argument to the contrary. What does my talking points about Lebron and MJ earlier relate to the above play??

Don't pussy out now dude.

We were talking tiers of guys who were ambidextrous. I done TOLD you there were multiple star players who were far more ambidextrous than Jordan and had better lefts to which you scoffed at and tried to call me an idiot.

And then Kyrie... one of the guys I EXPLICITLY mentioned buries a left handed skyhook over Jokic! Of all people... to win the game.

Eat your crow son.