Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Gen Z is really pushing the “The 90s were awful” angle lately.

They pretty much watch a game to find a bad highlight or two, and put it online to reaffirm the opinions of the rest of them. A lot of them are actually pretty funny if you’re secure enough to not let it get to you. I saw a whole series on Jordan apparently having no left hand and how he would be defended like Ben Simmons today. This was the star of that one:

I saw some about how bird and Barkley were both terrible. The running theme is don’t let these “old heads” trick you. I’m not too concerned because the kind of person to believe these things doesn’t really care about evidence. It’s just something to laugh at. I have enough real issues not to overly concern myself with what 19-year-olds think about 1988. You hate to see misinformation in general, but most of them are loss causes, so **** it. Get a laugh where you can I guess.

Default Re: Gen Z is really pushing the “The 90s were awful” angle lately.

The 90s weren't bad but I think some people never moved on from there and don't really understand the game. It wasn't as good as some say and vice versa. It's more a casual problem than an age problem imo. I wouldn't expect either age group to know much if they didn't even play or at least watch consistently and try to grasp what's going on beyond the numbers and highlights.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Same could be said when old heads prop up 90's ball like it was some sort of mini version of the NFL in terms of physicality. I remember Stephen A Smith saying the NBA in the 90's was when men played, then JJ Redick chimed in and stated he watched the entire '93 Finals and the series was not really physical or something to that effect. Stephen A got really quiet after that.

Old head calling Bird a top 5 three point shooter of all time despite him not really shooting 3s.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Old head calling Bird a top 5 three point shooter of all time despite him not really shooting 3s.
    He held the record for most in a season before Griffith broke it so actually he did shoot 3's

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    They pretty much watch a game to find a bad highlight or two, and put it online to reaffirm the opinions of the rest of them. A lot of them are actually pretty funny if you’re secure enough to not let it get to you. I saw a whole series on Jordan apparently having no left hand and how he would be defended like Ben Simmons today. This was the star of that one:

I saw some about how bird and Barkley were both terrible. The running theme is don’t let these “old heads” trick you. I’m not too concerned because the kind of person to believe these things doesn’t really care about evidence. It’s just something to laugh at. I have enough real issues not to overly concern myself with what 19-year-olds think about 1988. You hate to see misinformation in general, but most of them are loss causes, so **** it. Get a laugh where you can I guess.
    They are funny and always expose themselves immediately as being dumb as hell

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Mad dog says things for the express purpose of getting young people riled up to talk about it on social media. He went from a legendary local sports duo in New York to first take on a trial run, and now it’s been extended, and he was given a big raise. What he does is make lists and throw in curveballs and talk about the old days. And he’s not as old as he looks. People mock him talking about basketball from his day not realizing he wasn’t even born at the time they think he was. He legitimately has people in their 20s thinking he ever saw Bob Cousy play. Cousy retired when he was like 4. I saw he made a toughest sports list recently and had Curling as number 2.

Hes good at it. People talk about them all like he’s being serious. I heard him on a podcast, admitting he leans into it to get a rise out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    He held the record for most in a season before Griffith broke it so actually he did shoot 3's
    Like 3 attempts a game? lol.

That's how many 3s Embiid attempts today.

No doubt Bird would be a great 3 point shooter today, but he simply didn't attempt enough 3 point shots to be considered top 5 ever.

Saw this a week ago which was kind of disturbing cause he had a ton of these clips lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post

Saw this a week ago which was kind of disturbing cause he had a ton of these clips lol

Reminds me of that Tom Brady hater who would make vids like this years ago.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Mad dog says things for the express purpose of getting young people riled up to talk about it on social media. He went from a legendary local sports duo in New York to first take on a trial run, and now it’s been extended, and he was given a big raise. What he does is make lists and throw in curveballs and talk about the old days. And he’s not as old as he looks. People mock him talking about basketball from his day not realizing he wasn’t even born at the time they think he was. He legitimately has people in their 20s thinking he ever saw Bob Cousy play. Cousy retired when he was like 4. I saw he made a toughest sports list recently and had Curling as number 2.

Hes good at it. People talk about them all like he’s being serious. I heard him on a podcast, admitting he leans into it to get a rise out of you.
    not all of us have the free time to research Mad Dog’s life and podcast appearances, we can only go off what he said on espn. If his exchange with Redick got rise out of anyone it was Bob Cousy.

sounds like most people who post youtube/tiktok content too. Controversy sells

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    not all of us have the free time to research Mad Dog’s life and podcast appearances, we can only go off what he said on espn. If his exchange with Redick got rise out of anyone it was Bob Cousy.
    well now you know

Ok but to be fair, when youve been spoiled to grow up with The Lebron Standard, basketball from back when does look kinda silly. It doesnt even look like a sport. If you really think about it on a deeper level, Lebron kinda invented basketball.