Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Gen Z is really pushing the “The 90s were awful” angle lately.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    ^^^Hasn't watched a game since Jordan retired.
    ^^^ hasn’t had sex since his father stopped raping him in the 90’s

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    After watching the tape as a pure basketball talent? Yes. Lebron is way bigger stronger and faster, he has a way better symmetrical handle and honestly the guys jumper over the past decade has been better than MJs. He ĥas great form and factually can hit long jumpers better than Jordan.

Watching these old timers play man... I'm jealous. Because when I played you had to bust your ass to get the ball up the court and if you wanted good post position? You'd have to damn near get in a fight. This 80s tape is showing dudes getting everything for EXTRA free.

It's all on tape.
    I don't think anyone better than MJ has come along since. I think an argument can be made for Shaq and Bron in terms of talent but they don't equal MJ in terms of how it translates to winning.

So if you want to argue in Bron's favor, you have to go the route of longevity or highlight how he can do more things than MJ. The other thing you can bring up is how the league as a whole has gotten deeper and more talented as a whole(making it harder to dominate it as easily). Personally, I don't think it's enough to unseat MJ from either the best ever list or the GOAT list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    After watching the tape as a pure basketball talent? Yes. Lebron is way bigger stronger and faster, he has a way better symmetrical handle and honestly the guys jumper over the past decade has been better than MJs. He ĥas great form and factually can hit long jumpers better than Jordan.

Bron is more talented than Jordan when it comes to passing, that's basically it. Any other advantages he has you can attribute to his size and strength, not talent. If the two of them switched bodies it wouldn't even be close.

Bron being a better shooter than Jordan is also ridiculous. Jordan could kill you with his pull up jumper, his fade-away jumper AND his turnaround jumper. Whereas Bron mostly "settles" for jumpers, these were go to moves that Jordan could rely upon at will. This combined with his ability to get to the rim is what made him so unstoppable.

I actually can't believe you think Lebron has a better shooting form either. That's crazy talk to me. Jordan's form is basically textbook. Very few players if ever have looked better shooting the ball. Kobe as well. Lebron's looks extremely clunky by comparison.

Did someone say LeRoid has a better handle than Jordan?

So much more intense and physical than the modern game.

Very good NBA starter

I watched Lebron's first NBA game.

I remember thinking "the **** are they on about".

Because I was not watching Jordan, I was not watching Kobe or even Tmac.

I concluded that I was watching a PF playing as a PG, which I then better understood and could see how was impressive, but I also realized that this PF playing as a PG did not have the elite skill of true PGs or SGs.

eliteballer

NBA Superstar
    This message is hidden because eliteballer is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Another casual bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I watched Lebron's first NBA game.

I remember thinking "the **** are they on about".

Because I was not watching Jordan, I was not watching Kobe or even Tmac.

I concluded that I was watching a PF playing as a PG, which I then better understood and could see how was impressive, but I also realized that this PF playing as a PG did not have the elite skill of true PGs or SGs.
    Retard alert

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

After watching more tape I realize it aint just a Jordan thing. Every great player back then was spamming the right hand dribble.

Look at this clip.

Even Magic Johnson spammed right hand dribble. And even on the left side of the court. If you tried to pick his dribble off he'd throw his ass at you and go into post position.

Yall were unskilled and Zesty man. We ain't with that in the new school.