Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Karl-Anthony Towns out indefinitely with torn meniscus in left knee

Indy held to 49 in 1st half

Dane Moore: Chris Finch on stylistic changes that could happen in Karl-Anthony Towns’ absence: “Certainly last year when KAT was out, we kinda morphed into this exclusively spread pick and roll team, and we found a good rhythm there. I still would like to do some of the things that we have been doing. I think with Naz in there, it gives us opportunities to still do that, particularly with the season he’s had and the growth he’s had. There’s a lot of things we can kinda twin up with what KAT does and what he does. So yeah, I don’t want to abandon some of the other things completely, but I do believe we might get a little faster. But we’ll see.”

– via Twitter DaneMooreNBA

Dane Moore: Chris Finch when asked about replacing Karl-Anthony Towns’ role and production: “I’ve never subscribed the try to replace like for like, and with a guy of Karl’s caliber, certainly it’s really hard to do. What I love about our team is we have a multitude of options. We can go a lot of different ways based on matchups every given night... “I really feel confident in our depth and our ability to kind of go different directions. Yeah we lose some size, obviously we lose elite talent when he’s not in the lineup, but we feel like we have a lot of other things we can kind of maybe link up.”
    – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA

Looks like they didn't give Jackson another 10 day so they must have other plans for it

nice road win

Ant the hero of the game.

ANTHONY EDWARDS 44 POINTS AND THE GAME-SAVING BLOCK 🚫
    Ant hit his head on the rim as he blocked Aaron Nesmith to save the Timberwolves win!pic.twitter.com/0VbXr0ZsrB
    — ClutchPoints (@ClutchPoints) March 8, 2024

– via Twitter ClutchPointsApp

Rob Perez: Anthony Edwards says that play at the buzzer is the highest he’s jumped in his life pic.twitter.com/XzNHAYqMZq

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Did you have surgery?

I tore mine when I was a teenager and had surgery, I was back on the pitch in a little over a month. And I honestly dont even feel like the surgery was necessary, by the time I went under for it some two weeks after the injury I was already getting noticeably better. In fact the surgery probably prolonged my recovery because I had to wait for the swelling from surgery to go down before I could do anything and that took the most time. Also I never could fully bend my knee since then, which doesnt make much difference in day to day life but I cant actually squat fully on that leg if I have to.

At that age my body would have almost certainly healed up just fine on its own. I'm positive the doctor just recommended surgery because it was an extra $3k in his pocket. Ofc I was too young to know any better and my parents always believed whatever theyre told.
    It just depends if it's inner or outer miniscus and how deep and where the tear runs.

I partially tore mine at age 35 and played two weeks later. Others miss months.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    May never reach the lofty heights of the legendary Carlos Boozer but passing Benoit. What a nite!
    Yo Boozer was nice back in the mid 2000s.

He led the Jazz to the WCFs in 2007 with 24/12 on 55% shooting. How can you hate on that? He was hyper efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

He led the Jazz to the WCFs in 2007 with 24/12 on 55% shooting. How can you hate on that? He was hyper efficient.
    Led? Deron was the leader and Dallas losing in the 1st round to the 8th seed is what led them to the finals. He was nice when he was on the floor and not playing D

The Booze Cruise!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Led? Deron was the leader and Dallas losing in the 1st round to the 8th seed is what led them to the finals. He was nice when he was on the floor and not playing D
    Considering later on Dwill was trash outside the Sloan system on the Nets and Boozer actually played a decent role on the Bulls who btw had a #1 defense with him playing full time PF I don't believe you.

It's wierd how you can hate on guys who were inefficient but at the same time hate on guys who were extremely efficient.

You like Peja and he was a worse defender than Boozer.

Considering later on Dwill was trash outside the Sloan system on the Nets and Boozer actually played a decent role on the Bulls who btw had a #1 defense with him playing full time PF I don't believe you.

It's wierd how you can hate on guys who were inefficient but at the same time hate on guys who were extremely efficient.
    Why is it always hate if you don't think as much of someone as others? I liked Millsap and AK more at the 4. A poor man's Karl Malone who didn't play D and was often hurt didn't excite me as much as it did Sloan or you.