Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Karl-Anthony Towns out indefinitely with torn meniscus in left knee

It's crazy that the play in teams right now are LA, Kings, Mavericks, and Warriors.

All 4 of those teams could wipe Minnesota at this point.

I've never seen a conference this deep where a 10 seed could be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Huh? Embiid tore his meniscus a month and a half ago and there's still not even a timeline. If KAT indeed tore it, he isn't coming back this season.

The only glimmer of hope as per Woj is that they're still investigating the injury. If it turns out it's not a tear, then he could return quickly. But it's probably wishful thinking.
    The Embiid thing was weird cuz I never heard it formally called a “tear” in any of the reports I saw, which is what you usually hear. They kept saying it was a “meniscus injury.” It was also kinda fishy bc people were saying “oh, trying to push to the 65 game minimum forced him to put wear and tear on his knee and he ended up getting hurt.” But the injury that sent him off supposedly happened when someone randomly fell on his knee, which is not usually how a meniscus gets torn, and would have nothing to do with how much hes played.

I dunno, something is off about the Embiid situation. I have a feeling he or they arent being entirely truthful about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Huh? Embiid tore his meniscus a month and a half ago and there's still not even a timeline. If KAT indeed tore it, he isn't coming back this season.

The only glimmer of hope as per Woj is that they're still investigating the injury. If it turns out it's not a tear, then he could return quickly. But it's probably wishful thinking.
    I tore my meniscus last summer and that shit took like 6 months to fully heal. I miss my 20's when it seemed like most injuries would go away within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I tore my meniscus last summer and that shit took like 6 months to fully heal. I miss my 20's when it seemed like most injuries would go away within a few days.
    Did you have surgery?

I tore mine when I was a teenager and had surgery, I was back on the pitch in a little over a month. And I honestly dont even feel like the surgery was necessary, by the time I went under for it some two weeks after the injury I was already getting noticeably better. In fact the surgery probably prolonged my recovery because I had to wait for the swelling from surgery to go down before I could do anything and that took the most time. Also I never could fully bend my knee since then, which doesnt make much difference in day to day life but I cant actually squat fully on that leg if I have to.

At that age my body would have almost certainly healed up just fine on its own. I'm positive the doctor just recommended surgery because it was an extra $3k in his pocket. Ofc I was too young to know any better and my parents always believed whatever theyre told.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Did you have surgery?

I tore mine when I was a teenager and had surgery, I was back on the pitch in a little over a month. And I honestly dont even feel like the surgery was necessary, by the time I went under for it some two weeks after the injury I was already getting noticeably better. In fact the surgery probably prolonged my recovery because I had to wait for the swelling from surgery to go down before I could do anything and that took the most time. Also I never could fully bend my knee since then, which doesnt make much difference in day to day life but I cant actually squat fully on that leg if I have to.

At that age my body would have almost certainly healed up just fine on its own. I'm positive the doctor just recommended surgery because it was an extra $3k in his pocket. Ofc I was too young to know any better and my parents always believed whatever theyre told.
    You a different breed, though. Let's not forget that. 💯

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    You a different breed, though. Let's not forget that. 💯

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Wolves weren't going to do anything anyway

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Naz Reid is…pretty ****ing good. In doses at least. I like him more than Kat even if I wouldn’t say he’s better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Naz Reid is…pretty ****ing good. In doses at least. I like him more than Kat even if I wouldn’t say he’s better.
    Why tf doesnt Bron ever get to play with guys like that??

Yeah Reid can be Towns-like.

That said this loss changes the Wolves fortunes from "probably out in the first round" to "definitely out in the first round."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Yeah Reid can be Towns-like.

That said this loss changes the Wolves fortunes from "probably out in the first round" to "definitely out in the first round."
    it's been another tough year for the trolls. Please have mercy on them!

Dane Moore: Chris Finch when asked if there is any further update on Karl-Anthony Towns’ knee inury: “Out tonight. No further update or information after that.”
    – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

probably out for the year

They’re going miss towns more than most of this forum believes. Naz Reid is very good but you can’t run your offense in the playoffs through him. McDaniels is too raw conley is too old, you’re asking edwards to completely carry the offensive load now and he’s not good enough for that.

There’s going be a big push to get Minnesota in the 1st rd for the bottom half teams

big first tonite. The D not suffering at Indy. TJ Warren enters the rotation as Anderson starts