Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Karl-Anthony Towns out indefinitely with torn meniscus in left knee

RIP Wolves season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Karl-Anthony Towns out indefinitely with torn meniscus in left knee

still have their top two guys and the best D in the league

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    still have their top two guys and the best D in the league
    Their issue is, and will be in the playoffs, their ability to score consistently when things slow down. Losing Towns does them no favors there.

It's a good thing they have such a strong big rotation. Naz Reid to start and maybe Garza can get some playing time. It's obviously a huge loss though; a legitimate excuse if they come up short, which they probably now will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Their issue is, and will be in the playoffs, their ability to score consistently when things slow down. Losing Towns does them no favors there.
    Probably. Their biggest problem seems to be consistent production outside Ant, Gobert, Towns and Conley and this makes them even thinner. In the playoffs obviously you can shorten the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    It's a good thing they have such a strong big rotation. Naz Reid to start and maybe Garza can get some playing time. It's obviously a huge loss though; a legitimate excuse if they come up short, which they probably now will.
    more reason to trade Towns

They still have flexibility with their roster with two 10 days on roster now. Has to be better guys out there than Garza

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    more reason to trade Towns
    I was actually thinking that they might play as good or better without him. And that it could lead to Minnesota to consider that. Kind of like a Chris Webber in Sacramento thing.

I was actually thinking that they might play as good or better without him. And that it could lead to Minnesota to consider that. Kind of like a Chris Webber in Sacramento thing.
    sounds like it was already on the table with their salary situation. The D could certainly be even better without him

I just checked: 6 of Minnesota's top 10 four-man lineups include Naz Reid. And the three best ones - which are literally the three best four-man lineups overall - are Rudy/Reid ones. We might see a Vlade/Brad Miller 2004 thing happen.

Big loss on paper, I'm not crazy about Towns' toughness as far as the playoffs go, not convinced this really changes whatever their fortunes were going to be. But it sucks regardless whenever a team's top players get injured.

Before the deadline I floated the idea of a Towns for Julius Randle deal. It doesnt do anything for Minnesota on the court but it does swap a bigger contract for a smaller one.

I guess they wanted to see how this post season would play out with the current group first. Now they may not get that chance.

All that said, meniscus is NOT a major injury. It's like a 4-6 week thing at most. If the playoffs start in mid-April he might even be back by then.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Edit I just made a thread instead of derailing this thread
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 03-07-2024 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Before the deadline I floated the idea of a Towns for Julius Randle deal. It doesnt do anything for Minnesota on the court but it does swap a bigger contract for a smaller one.

I guess they wanted to see how this post season would play out with the current group first. Now they may not get that chance.

All that said, meniscus is NOT a major injury. It's like a 4-6 week thing at most. If the playoffs start in mid-April he might even be back by then.
    certainly better than last year when he missed most of the year and he came back and they never had any time to develop chemistry. They already had chemistry this year so plugging him back in should go a lot smoother this time around

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

Huh? Embiid tore his meniscus a month and a half ago and there's still not even a timeline. If KAT indeed tore it, he isn't coming back this season.

The only glimmer of hope as per Woj is that they're still investigating the injury. If it turns out it's not a tear, then he could return quickly. But it's probably wishful thinking.