Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Luka defense is atrocious, now with stats

Luka is an absolute selfish diva lol.

Just flat out refuses to play even the minimum of defense.

Honestly I think this team does not like Luka at all and that it is probably equal right back. It's pretty clear that his teammates don't want to play defense when Luka is completely hogging the ball, but Luka will not pass the ball when they're not playing defense, so it's stuck there.

It was monumental mistake to trade away Boban and DFS. "Nico" the shoe salesman is probably the worst GM of all time.

Default Re: Luka defense is atrocious, now with stats

You left out the stats part...

Recently, ESPN analyst Tim MacMahon revealed a statement from a scout who would define him as the worst transition defender in the league.

I talked to a scout about his defense and bluntly, he’s the worst transition defender, even the worst in history. He simply told me to watch him and I would understand immediately
    - Scout NBA

Luka struggles to be decisive on both halves of the court: in transition, he often lags behind his teammates, forcing them to close his gaps, and he tends to vehemently protest with the referees, which impacts his defense.

Players like Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Jayson Tatum are the only ones who can be a factor on both halves of the court, the few remaining in an NBA always geared towards spectacle. Luka Doncic may win an MVP without excellent defense, but he will also need that for an NBA championship.
    Last edited by SATAN; 03-06-2024 at 08:28 PM.

While addressing reporters on Tuesday, Doncic took ownership of his defensive performances, saying he needs to improve.

"I've been playing basketball for 3 straight years," he said. "4 weeks in between it was free. Sometimes it's really hard for me to play really hard on both ends. But obviously, the defensive end I gotta be way better.”

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    You left out the stats part...
    stats don't seem to matter when you stan The Bum

I'm not even disputing the OP, I just find it funny you see very recent articles stating the opposite.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2024/1...-mavericks-nba

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...-be-overlooked

Very good NBA starter

It's like Luka thinks that the same doesn't go for everyone else.

If you choose to dominate every possession on offense then you won't have energy for defense.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I'm not even disputing the OP, I just find it funny you see very recent articles stating the opposite.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2024/1...-mavericks-nba

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...-be-overlooked
    He began the season playing better defense.

He's gotten much better at the technical aspect of playing defense in the NBA, it's just that now, the simply doesn't play defense. Not at all. No effort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    stats don't seem to matter when you stan The Bum
    The irony of you saying this if hilarious. Jordan Clarkson goes for a near 40 point triple doube, puts the team on his back for the W yet it's still all slander.

And yes I know he isn't a very good defender either.

The irony of you saying this if hilarious.

The irony of you saying this if hilarious. Jordan Clarkson goes for a near 40 point triple doube, puts the team on his back for the W yet it's still all slander.

And yes I know he isn't a very good defender either.
    Among the 83 players with at least 12 FGA per game, Jordan Clarkson ranks 82nd in true shooting percentage

Among the 94 players with at least 30 MPG, he ranks 86th in Defensive Rating

Among the 134 players shooting at least 4.5 3’s per game, JC ranks 132nd at 29.5%

Among the 135 players with at least 1,100 minutes played, Clarkson ranks 120th in LeBron. Most of the players worse than him are 25 years or younger.

52.2% of his shots are after 3+ dribbles (15.1% are after 7+ dribbles!). 50.4% of his shots are against tight or very tight defense. He touches the ball for 6+ seconds 23% of the time!
    Jordan Clarkson ranks in the 36.8th percentile as a pick and roll ball handler and the 25.8th percentile as a spot up shooter
    On defense, Jordan Clarkson ranks in the 39.1 percentile in isolation, 32.1 percentile in the pick and roll, and 11.3 percentile against a spot up shooter

Jazz (out of 309)

19. Lauri Markkanen (23.6)
    40. Collin Sexton (47.3)
    88. Walker Kessler (101.5)
    118. Kris Dunn (126.4)
    150. John Collins (150.8)
    175. Talen Horton-Tucker (172.9)
    238. Jordan Clarkson (227.0)
    270. Keyonte George (252.8)

No matter how you spin it, he’s just bad this year. And his on court attitude can be even worse at times. Like the team leading 36 minutes in last night’s loss to Orlando? A game where he scored just 5 points on 10 shots. His demeanor is of someone who is clearly done. That’s just one game you say? Ok well over the last 11 games he’s playing almost 32 minutes a night, shooting the ball nearly 13 times a game, and is shooting just 36% from the field and 28% from 3, oh and he’s an average of -5.2 per game over that span. It’s pretty hard to win games or develop young talent with heavy minutes going towards that kind of production.

You are correct he has put the team on his back and they've been almost perfect in their tanking post trade deadline!

I mentioned one game. You refuse to give him credit for anything at all. Crazy.

Yes he is. He's honestly 3ball level, just not as much of an asshole.

This thread somehow became about Jordan Clarkson.

why should a guy get credit for 1 game when he's been one of the worst players in the league? **** him!