Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where are the ben simmons fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    as soon as they said he had herniated discs I knew his career was virtually over. Everyone else might figure it out eventually
    He might need to upgrade his video game chair to help his back.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Haven’t been a fan since 2k20 when Simmons’s card was the perfect pg. 2nd best card after Yao and arguably KAJ.

Just read Simmons is officially out for the season with back issues.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    Just read Simmons is officially out for the season with back issues.
    This news lead me to do some digging. I had forgotten what I thought about him before the draft:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ons&p=12291432

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    He doesn't seem to have the personality or shooting ability to take over games consistently. As he is he will be good on the break but really, who isn't good on the break? I'm not saying he'll stink but he doesn't look like a superstar out there.

Also: does anyone else wonder if he's been all that good for LSU? We have analysts saying they might not make the tournament. They have gotten more attention but the program has not been elevated at all. Is he making them a lot more money than they otherwise would have? And then we have them giving him whatever little punishment it was for his academic issues. They didn't put him up for the Wooden because of his academics. Would anyone be shocked if a bigger scandal comes out in a year or two? It's like one guy is the embodiment of everything wrong with one and done.

Just to be clear I have nothing against Simmons even though this post may sound to you like I do. I could care less if he's going to class and if he had a jumper I'd be wanting the Celtics to draft him badly. And I still hope the Celtics get him I just don't think he's going to dominate.
    I think the last time I still kind of wanted the Celtics to get him it was after his last choke in Philly, before he missed the whole season to force the trade and/or his bad back. I figured the Celtics could get him cheap and make him point/center, finishing from the dunker spot and passing at a high level. I couldn't find that post though.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    This news lead me to do some digging. I had forgotten what I thought about him before the draft:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ons&p=12291432

I think the last time I still kind of wanted the Celtics to get him it was after his last choke in Philly, before he missed the whole season to force the trade and/or his bad back. I figured the Celtics could get him cheap and make him point/center, finishing from the dunker spot and passing at a high level. I couldn't find that post though.
    Hypothetically he should be a more athletic, better passing Bam, but he doesn't have the mental capacity. Scared to get to the FT line, scared to shoot, and doesn't really want to play as a Center.

He got his money, but won't have a career after this deal expires.