Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: "Michael Jordan was not a good leader" - Bill Cartwright

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Harvey was a decent role player.
    could say the same for King playing a role on championship teams but considering where he was drafted a lot more was expected

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Bill Cartwright..."boo hoo hoo, he dragged us to 3 chips, boo hoo hoo..."

seriously. Think about it for a second. You think people tend to care about work success when the issue is personal problems? When I ask you about an asshole that you worked with are you factoring in whatever success the company as a whole might’ve had while you worked with him? Do you feel like that’s what I’m asking you about?

That man is in his 60s or 70s. He’s a grandfather, former all star, and coach who has been around for 40 years.

I don’t think he bases his feelings on how people should be treated in the game on the team results of 3 years other people think defines his life.

College superstar

Although this is a recent interview, I thought that it was common knowledge amongst non-casuals that several of MJ's teammates didn't really see him as a good leader. Even Phil Jackson addressed this at some point.

Why do people thinking Jordan winning and dominating excuses him being an abusive asshole? He won because he was the best not because he was a nice guy. Like kblaze said plenty of successful companies have bosses who are evil as ****. Believe it or not I think most players would rather play with a team they can fun in than in a toxic environment even if they win in the toxic environment. Russell Westbrook has never won. But his teammates all love him cuz he’s a nice guy.

Banned

I judge leadership by results

Leading your team to two three-peats is better than leading a super team to the lottery.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Why do people thinking Jordan winning and dominating excuses him being an abusive asshole? He won because he was the best not because he was a nice guy. Like kblaze said plenty of successful companies have bosses who are evil as ****. Believe it or not I think most players would rather play with a team they can fun in than in a toxic environment even if they win in the toxic environment. Russell Westbrook has never won. But his teammates all love him cuz he’s a nice guy.
    Winning supercedes everything. Rings are forever.

Your take is shit just like every other take you have.

Stop posting or I will bully you off this site

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

All these ex Bulls running their mouths. They all have three options.

1. Say nothing

2. Say positive things about MJ

3. Throw shade at MJ

If they chose the first two options, no-one will give a shit. If they chose option 3, they get a few headlines and the talking heads/forums like this will discuss it. Burning bridges, alienating fans isn't as high a priority as getting their name out there and being relevant. Look at Scottie Pippen's book publicity campaign. He obviously didnt make enough money off of it otherwise he wouldn't be doing this slander tour Down Under. His next book should be titled "How to destroy your reputation and legacy in 10 easy steps" by Scottie Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    All these ex Bulls running their mouths. They all have three options.

1. Say nothing

2. Say positive things about MJ

3. Throw shade at MJ

If they chose the first two options, no-one will give a shit. If they chose option 3, they get a few headlines and the talking heads/forums like this will discuss it. Burning bridges, alienating fans isn't as high a priority as getting their name out there and being relevant. Look at Scottie Pippen's book publicity campaign. He obviously didnt make enough money off of it otherwise he wouldn't be doing this slander tour Down Under. His next book should be titled "How to destroy your reputation and legacy in 10 easy steps" by Scottie Pippen.
    Bill is being interviewed by a random dude for YouTube and gave his thoughts when asked. It's not a conspiracy against MJ or Bill "getting his name out there and being relevant".

You people are ridiculous. It's truly like a weird obsessive cult.

Very good NBA starter

In the Jordan Rules they mentioned Jordan walking down a hallway and Stacey King was walking towards him carrying a box. Jordan says "I hope you got a jump shot in there".
    That's not exactly vicious bullying.

There are many examples of MJ bullying teammates for real tho.

I have Bird as GOAT after I watched The Last Dance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    That's not exactly vicious bullying.

There are many examples of MJ bullying teammates for real tho.

I have Bird as GOAT after I watched The Last Dance.
    As best as I can tell, Jordan was genuinely a lousy person. That has nothing to do with being the GOAT basketball player though. Basketball rankings go by how you play the game of basketball. Someone being mean is irrelevant.

I'm consistent about it too. For example, I still have Lebron in the top 10 of all time even though he tried to trademark Taco Tuesday.

I rule the local playground

In the Jordan Rules they mentioned Jordan walking down a hallway and Stacey King was walking towards him carrying a box. Jordan says "I hope you got a jump shot in there".
    This is seriously considered bullying? Guys riff on each and sometimes its about something true that hurts, doesn't make the guy saying the joke a bad human and there's tons of stories out of there of Jordan being ultra altruistic with his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You can’t be serious with this post

People acting like MJ was pushing old ladies and drowning kittens SMH. He was demanding the best from his teammates to WIN which is the ultimate goal in sports. I'd rather root for a guy on my favorite team who wants to win and gives a damn than a nice guy who everyone likes but at least they're having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    seriously. Think about it for a second. You think people tend to care about work success when the issue is personal problems? When I ask you about an asshole that you worked with are you factoring in whatever success the company as a whole might’ve had while you worked with him? Do you feel like that’s what I’m asking you about?

That man is in his 60s or 70s. He’s a grandfather, former all star, and coach who has been around for 40 years.

I don’t think he bases his feelings on how people should be treated in the game on the team results of 3 years other people think defines his life.
    People in general are ingrates. Nobody would remember Bill Cartwright if he didn't play on the first threepeat Bulls.

Of course not. Very few of these superstars were good leaders. You think Hakeem or Larry Bird were good leaders? Shaq? Kobe? Wilt? Moses? Kareem?

Guys like Drob might be one of the good leaders cause of his military background.

People acting like MJ was pushing old ladies
    He did try to cheat an old lady out of her cash in a game of poker though.

People in general are ingrates. Nobody would remember Bill Cartwright if he didn't play on the first threepeat Bulls.
    Who could forget that free throw form?