Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: "Michael Jordan was not a good leader" - Bill Cartwright

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Bill was the best player in California, a college all American, the third pick in the draft, an all star on the Knicks, a 15 year vet, and a coach for 17 years. I suspect he’d still be ok if the Knicks traded him to the Warriors. I doubt that no name podcast is paying his bills. NBA lifers don’t need random 19-year-olds to remember them to make a living. He makes over 200K a year just off his player pension. And he has his coaches one on top of that. And the millions he made playing and coaching. He doesn’t strike me as an idiot. I’m sure he would get by if people who already don’t respect him simply didn’t remember his name. Players don’t owe stars they played with their lives.
    I didn't say Cartwright owed MJ his life, just that he's no doubt benefited tremendously from being his teammate and for being on those championship bulls teams. Even if he made a decent living as a player, there's no telling how many doors it must have opened for him throughout his life. The fact that anyone even mentions his name at all in the year 2024 is because of Jordan.

Doesn't mean Cartwright isn't entitled to his opinion. That was just Mike's approach to leadership. He tested you.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    sounds like life. I’ve never worked anywhere that wasn’t full of assholes. Have you? Is it your life experience that assholes are rare, outsides sports?
    I'm not saying being an asshole is cool. But if someone will be an asshole, at least bring results that could bring you a rare achievements. My experience? I would agree with you, that there are a lot of assholes everywhere.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    41% for a big is absolutely atrocious
    He shot 55% consistently with the Knicks on much higher volume. He got to Chicago and his attempts and accuracy immediately dropped.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    I'm not saying being an asshole is cool. But if someone will be an asshole, at least bring results that could bring you a rare achievements. My experience? I would agree with you, that there are a lot of assholes everywhere.

thing is, I don’t even mind that MJ was an asshole. It doesn’t change my perception of his ability to play basketball at all. But I’m not gonna judge another grown man for his opinion on how he is treated in person by somebody somebody he worked with. A lot of people who act that way need to be dealt with. And people in Jordan’s position often aren’t touchable due to factors entirely outside their toughness. It’s being a status tough guy which to me is even worse than a physical bully. A physical bully eventually has to back it up. A status bully isnt protected by his manhood. He’s protected by financial concerns and job title.

people who use their status to push others around, who would otherwise beat their ass are some of the most lame humans I’ve ever known. Star athletes in a lot of sports are like the owners son in a business. They push you around because you can’t do anything about it. How so many people respect it when it’s in sports is beyond me.

A bitch is a bitch, even if he can shoot hit a baseball or catch a football.

Kblaze nailed it. Acting like all these ex teammates ain't shit and must be looking for attention or whatever is just sad.

People with abusive personalities are getting called out left right and center these days. Not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    He shot 55% consistently with the Knicks on much higher volume. He got to Chicago and his attempts and accuracy immediately dropped.
    1992-'93 Chicago Bulls
    Will Perdue 56%
    Scott Williams 47%
    Stacey King 47%
    Bill Cartwright 41% - played more minutes than all of them.

Not to mention, his Per 36 Minutes stats
    10.2 ppg
    6.7 rpg
    0.3 bpg

Absolutely atrocious. 0.3 blocks/game from your starting center <SMH>