Default Jr Smith why he was not a fan of George Karl Coaching

That's why you are a 2x NBA champion JR Smith while George Karl is ring less. Also the first coach who lost as a first seed to an 8th seed in the 1994 NBA playoffs. GK is like the Gossip Girl spreading rumors so that his players can feud. if the 1990's Sonics 2000's Bucks and 2000's nuggets had better coaches they would have been a much better team. Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony Glenn Robinson, Shawn Kemp Kenyon Martin hated playing for this clown. Same guy who traded Prime Ray Allen for an aging Gary Payton in 2003. Allen is also a 2x NBA champion like JR Smith. Until now Ray Allen hated Karl for trading him to the Sonics. Payton only played 20 games for the Bucks before he signed with the Lakers in the off season. https://youtu.be/vjljFWTmj3U?si=9pH8hqSBqAjKlSo9

Default Re: Jr Smith why he was not a fan of George Karl Coaching

Jr Smith looks articulate in this video

George Karl is the definition of someone who can't get out of their own way. Solid coach, but has zero tact or social skills.

"I can’t waste time or energy on people who don’t like me" - Ray Allen on why he still hasn't spoken to George Karl. The feud started after Ray Allen wore a suit in one of their games. There was a Sports Illustrated article about me that said I wore a suit to games, and Karl said I cared more about being cool than being tough. Ultimately, he just didn’t like me.”

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    George Karl is the definition of someone who can't get out of their own way. Solid coach, but has zero tact or social skills.
    Exactly

George Karl was a very good coach who overachieved with the personnel he was working with. He never had the top-end elite superstar talent that's required to win championships. He had deep rosters but wasn't expected to win it all with the players that he had.

He did a lot of innovative things as a coach and had a definitive philosophy or preference for style of play. You could think of him of the basketball equivalent of an "auteur," much like Don Nelson.

The SuperSonics had one of the best zone defenses in the '90s and routinely employed full-court presses to notable effect. Deep rotations, dual guard lineups, up-tempo play, and a shared offensive approach were hallmarks of his teams.

On the other hand how many coaches would be a fan of playing a guy like J.R. Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    On the other hand how many coaches would be a fan of playing a guy like J.R. Smith?
    Jr Smith is a 2x NBA champion averaged more ppg apg rpg bpg spg than Kenny Smith in the NBA finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    That's why you are a 2x NBA champion JR Smith while George Karl is ring less. Also the first coach who lost as a first seed to an 8th seed in the 1994 NBA playoffs. GK is like the Gossip Girl spreading rumors so that his players can feud. if the 1990's Sonics 2000's Bucks and 2000's nuggets had better coaches they would have been a much better team. Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony Glenn Robinson, Shawn Kemp Kenyon Martin hated playing for this clown. Same guy who traded Prime Ray Allen for an aging Gary Payton in 2003. Allen is also a 2x NBA champion like JR Smith. Until now Ray Allen hated Karl for trading him to the Sonics. Payton only played 20 games for the Bucks before he signed with the Lakers in the off season. https://youtu.be/vjljFWTmj3U?si=9pH8hqSBqAjKlSo9
    Karl was a GM making trades? If a headcase like JR didn't like him we better make a thread!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Jr Smith is a 2x NBA champion averaged more ppg apg rpg bpg spg than Kenny Smith in the NBA finals.
    right place right time. Not a guy I'd want on my ideally

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

From what I can tell nobody seems to like George Karl. Kmart hates him with a passion and he’s got issues with Melo that never stop. Turns out Ray Allen has not spoken to him in 20 years either:

“The funny thing is, I never had any confrontation with George,” Allen revealed in 2018 via Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “It was always, ‘George doesn’t like you.’ I was hearing this from other people. Why? I think he didn’t like the way I was, the type of person I was. There was a Sports Illustrated article about me that said I wore a suit to games, and Karl said I cared more about being cool than being tough. Ultimately, he just didn’t like me.”

“I don’t feel the need to say anything to him,” Allen said of Karl. “It was clear that he didn’t like me. He did what he did to move me on. I can’t waste time or energy on people who don’t like me.”

Whatever you might excuse Kenyon or JR smith of being you wouldn’t call Ray Allen that.

He seems to just rub people wrong.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’m reading that Nate McMillan had to break up a potential fight between Payton and Karl and that Karl disliked Shawn Kemp for…of all things…his dunking. He hated that Gary would make exciting plays with Shawn to get the crowd going. Didn’t think it was the way to play.

Would you say that Lebron needed a guy like JR Smith to win those 2 rings or that he won despite of JR?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Would you say that Lebron needed a guy like JR Smith to win those 2 rings or that he won despite of JR?
    Kenny Smith was the 6th to 7th scorer of the Houston Rockets. Jr Smith knew his role.

Local High School Star

JR Smith wasn't exactly the most high IQ player