Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Why are the Kyrie and Luka Doncic duo ain't working?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    And there's your triple dub. I hope you're proud of yourself. Bench this clown and get Exum back in.
    Dante

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that James Harden is one of your favorite players. If that is the case, why hate on one extremely ball dominant superstar that doesn't play any defense and love the other? Aside from Harden's free throw baiting they're very similar.
    Very talented but not one of my favorite players. I was accused of being Loney (a Harden stan) and ran with it for a while.

Prime Harden>>>Luka btw

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The team as a whole doesn't defend hard enough.

They let Brunson go for nothing and traded Porzingis for Spencer Dinwiddie (no longer on the team, was salary fodder for Irving trade) and Davis Bertrans (who?). The raw asset waste there has them at an overall talent disadvantage. Even if you call Irving for Brunson an equal replacement the loss of value of Porzingis is immense on paper. .
    Trading away Dorian Finney-Smith was a huge mistake by "Nico" the shoe salesman who, like Cuban, is one of the most incompetent people ever to be in the NBA.

Dorian Finney-Smith was the heart on that team.

DFS was also one of Luka's best friends on the team. While DFS wasn't a great defender, he played hard and always hustled and most importantly, he made Luka hustle and play defense too.

It's pretty obvious that none of the new guys like Luka. There's none of the having fun like the old team used to do. Guys are getting shipped out, Zingis gone, Javale gone, Curry gone, Dinwiddie gone, Brunson gone, DFS gone, Reggie Bullock gone.

Everyone's gone, all that's left are journeymen like Gafford, PJ Washington, Kyrie, THJ.

The truth is that all the fingers are beginning to point at one person. One person that can't get along, can't get along with Zingis, can't get along with Brunson, can't get along with anyone. Someone that refuses to play defense, complains every call, is lazy and out of shape.

Luka has revealed himself as selfish player.

Brunson must be so glad to be out of this dude's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Trading away Dorian Finney-Smith was a huge mistake by "Nico" the shoe salesman who, like Cuban, is one of the most incompetent people ever to be in the NBA.

Dorian Finney-Smith was the heart on that team.

DFS was also one of Luka's best friends on the team. While DFS wasn't a great defender, he played hard and always hustled and most importantly, he made Luka hustle and play defense too.

It's pretty obvious that none of the new guys like Luka. There's none of the having fun like the old team used to do. Guys are getting shipped out, Zingis gone, Javale gone, Curry gone, Dinwiddie gone, Brunson gone, DFS gone, Reggie Bullock gone.

Everyone's gone, all that's left are journeymen like Gafford, PJ Washington, Kyrie, THJ.

The truth is that all the fingers are beginning to point at one person. One person that can't get along, can't get along with Zingis, can't get along with Brunson, can't get along with anyone. Someone that refuses to play defense, complains every call, is lazy and out of shape.

Luka has revealed himself as selfish player.
    Dallas needs to draft Bronny so they can sign Bron, and let The Chosen One teach Luka how to be a champion. The way he did with AD and Ree and Love and Bosh, and even Wade if we're really being honest who was kind of a supporting player to The Diesel in 06 so I dont count that as a ring for him.

Don Solo needs his LeYoda.

(Not sure if I got that reference right, I'm not super well versed in The Star Wars.)

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Luka has an extremely low basketball iq. He will never win. White harden

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    It's not the IQ, he's just an egomaniac.

People just didn't see it because was 21 years old and smiling all the time. Well, now he's 25 and about to get his second coach fired and miss the playoffs for two straight seasons.

I'd say he has the worst from both Harden and Iverson, rapidly approaching Melo.

Duo is working. They just don't play defense and tend to fall apart when Luka sits on the bench.

They had a better and more balanced team 2 years ago during their WCF and they inexplicably decided to blow it up.

Duo is working very well. Their problem is their 3rd best player is Daniel Gafford.

And they don't even start him.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Duo is working. They just don't play defense and tend to fall apart when Luka sits on the bench.

They had a better and more balanced team 2 years ago during their WCF and they inexplicably decided to blow it up.
    The offensive fit is working surprisingly well but when they're both on the court it's too much of a defensive hole. It's why they seem to be staggering minutes now. I don't know if it's even possible to make it work on that end with them two together.

What?

They can beat anyone lol

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    What?

They can beat anyone lol
    In a single game, yes. In a series, no. They aren't getting past the second round and that will remain true until they find a way to be at least average defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    The offensive fit is working surprisingly well but when they're both on the court it's too much of a defensive hole. It's why they seem to be staggering minutes now. I don't know if it's even possible to make it work on that end with them two together.

Team wise it makes the most sense to bring Ree off the bench, but you know it will turn into massive drama if they ask him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Luka will never win..... except for that year when he got to the conference finals which Embiid has never done.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Luka will never win..... except for that year when he got to the conference finals which Embiid has never done.
    Brunson.