Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Sunday Double Header: Mavs vs Sixers, Warriors vs Celtics [rematch]

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Doesn't have to always hit buzzer-beaters to be considered clutch. You can be clutch in crunch minutes, which to me is the last 5-6 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Playoffs are ofc the biggest moments.
    The last time he's gotten past the second round was in 2017. Never showed anything noteworthy after playing with lebron lmao.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Doesn't have to always hit buzzer-beaters to be considered clutch. You can be clutch in crunch minutes, which to me is the last 5-6 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Playoffs are ofc the biggest moments.
    Ok but where are these performances for him? 8 years is a long time, if he's this special clutch player shouldn't we have several examples of him making big plays and huge performances? People call James Harden a choker when just last season he had one or two 40 point games to lead Philly to wins. When's the last time Irving had a great game in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    When's the last time Irving had a great game in the playoffs?
    Game 1 against Boston in 2022. 39/5/6/4 81%TS and hit the go-ahead 3 in the last minute but they couldn't make a stop when it mattered.

He's still the same player, just hasn't been on a team as good as the '21 Nets, and unfortunately he got (intentionally?) injured by Giannis then. He's good enough to be the #2 on a title team still.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Game 1 against Boston in 2022. 39/5/6/4 81%TS and hit the go-ahead 3 in the last minute but they couldn't make a stop when it mattered.
    I admit I forgot that he had good numbers in game 1. It's because of what he did in the rest of the series. In spite of nearly getting 40 that particular night he ended the series averaging 21.3 points on 44%.
    In those other the games he scored 10, 16, and 20 points. Game 2 he shot a brutal 31% and game 3's 35% want much better. 3 out of 4 games he was below his normal level and two out of 4 games he was bad by anyone's standards. Playing alongside Kevin Durant against a group of players he didn't think was good enough he got swept. This is not clutch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Came back from the last day of Pike fishing here in Wisconsin , and started watching the Celtics Wars game.

White from Boston was dribbling the ball up the court and every bounce he rolled his hand from beneath the ball to the top.

I counted a minimum of 8 dribbles that way which was a double dribble.

this is the new NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Came back from the last day of Pike fishing here in Wisconsin , and started watching the Celtics Wars game.

White from Boston was dribbling the ball up the court and every bounce he rolled his hand from beneath the ball to the top.

this is the new NBA
    Did you comeback with a chub up your ass?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

this is the new NBA
    so much more skilled than the plumbers of our day!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Steph is horrendous

I thought this was the year he could finally lead a team to a legit title. Nope! Guy sucks. Case is closed at this point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post

That's what I was going to say.

Boston picked the wrong time to be tough guys.

Where was this energy when Chef was clapping your cheeks for the title in The Finals with the DPOY guarding him on your own home court...?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    That's what I was going to say.

Boston picked the wrong time to be tough guys.

Where was this energy when Chef was clapping your cheeks for the title in The Finals with the DPOY guarding him on your own home court...?
    This is a nonpoint. The Celtics have become a better team since then and the Warriors have gotten worse. They opened the game with the "risky" strategy of leaving Jaylen Brown open, basically invited the Celtics to put a boot to their ass. You guard a 22 ppg All-Star like he's Ben Simmons and bad things can happen to you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Last I checked Jaylen Brown was a bona-fide All Star and big league player in the 2022 season and playoffs.

The question is where was he when it counted? Where was Tatum when he was getting locked up by Andrew ****ing Wiggins?

You guys were tough until the pressure started to cook. And then you took out your frustration in a regular season game 2 years later.

It's a weak look.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Last I checked Jaylen Brown was a bona-fide All Star and big league player in the 2022 season and playoffs.

The question is where was he when it counted? Where was Tatum when he was getting locked up by Andrew ****ing Wiggins?

You guys were tough until the pressure started to cook. And then you took out your frustration in a regular season game 2 years later.

It's a weak look.
    Did you think before you wrote this reply? If you watched the game you would have seen Dray Green and others leaving JB wide open. Certain highlight replays would also show it. I am guessing that Kerr thought they would have to give something up and theorized that letting Brown shoot open threes was more likely to get stops than normal defense. It did not work. Now go try watching some game footage at least before you run your stupid thought process and come up with another dumb reply.

Here's an article for you:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaylen-brow...033936923.html

You can read up on it seeing as you didn't watch the game.

I didn't watch the game but I'm pretty sure that Brown's 5 made 3s aren't the reason they won by 52

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I didn't watch the game but I'm pretty sure that Brown's 5 made 3s aren't the reason they won by 52
    There is no single reason but him getting 19 points in the first 7 minutes is what started it.