Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serious playground baller Nowoco's Avatar

Default Re: Pippen “unguarded”

The thing that pisses me off about Pippen is all these grudges he allegedly had with everyone didnt come to light until 25/30 years after the fact. In that time he has praised MJ, Phil numerous times, been humble etc all through it. Because he was riding the gravy train of being a big part of a legendary dynasty and wasnt stupid enough then to say anything to spoil it. He did say a decade or so ago that LeBron was a better all around player than MJ but quickly retracted it when he got heat from just about everywhere after saying it. Especially in Chicago.

So then after all this time, the Last Dance exposes some of his flaws and mistakes, fairly I might add. Everyone had to be accounted for. MJ's black marks like the gambling, late nights, refusing to champion candidates were all explored too. As were Rodman's shenanigans. But Scottie whines about it and then makes a full heal turn to sell his shitty tell all book, makes up all sorts of crap about Phil being a racist and how the documentary excluded his importance blah blah blah. There's plenty of other black marks on his resume like going to the Rockets to get paid with Barkley taking a cut to allow it to happen and then promptly leaving and throwing shade at Chuck as soon as he was out the door. Then the colossal choke job in game 7 vs the Lakers with yet another Scottie offensive shitshow when they needed him most. 0 points or assists in the 4th quarter collapse where he played every minute.

He's completely destroyed his reputation, to fans and ex players, and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    The thing that pisses me off about Pippen is all these grudges he allegedly had with everyone didnt come to light until 25/30 years after the fact. In that time he has praised MJ, Phil numerous times, been humble etc all through it. Because he was riding the gravy train of being a big part of a legendary dynasty and wasnt stupid enough then to say anything to spoil it. He did say a decade or so ago that LeBron was a better all around player than MJ but quickly retracted it when he got heat from just about everywhere after saying it. Especially in Chicago.

So then after all this time, the Last Dance exposes some of his flaws and mistakes, fairly I might add.Everyone had to be accounted for. MJ's black marks like the gambling, late nights, refusing to champion candidates were all explored too. As were Rodman's shenanigans. But Scottie whines about it and then makes a full heal turn to sell his shitty tell all book, makes up all sorts of crap about Phil being a racist and how the documentary excluded his importance blah blah blah. There's plenty of other black marks on his resume like going to the Rockets to get paid with Barkley taking a cut to allow it to happen and then promptly leaving and throwing shade at Chuck as soon as he was out the door. Then the colossal choke job in game 7 vs the Lakers with yet another Scottie offensive shitshow when they needed him most. 0 points or assists in the 4th quarter collapse where he played every minute.

He's completely destroyed his reputation, to fans and ex players, and for what?
    How did the Last Dance EXPOSE his flaws? Lol. Everyone remembers the 1.8 seconds situation. And for the life of me, I can't understand why people think Pippen was upset that it was discussed in the documentary. Pippen commented on it in his interview for the Last Dance. So why would he not think that situation would be put in there?

In my opinion, what Pippen was upset about, was the lack of acknowledgment of the team's contributions aside from MJ. And MJ calling him selfish for opting to have surgery before the 98 season. All the Last Dance did was praise Jordan.

Very good NBA starter

Thanks for the review, just bought it.

Going to be an interesting read.

There's no doubt it will be impossible to really understand MJ if he's involved. Phil wrote a book, but Pippen is probably a more neutral observer.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    How did the Last Dance EXPOSE his flaws? Lol. Everyone remembers the 1.8 seconds situation. And for the life of me, I can't understand why people think Pippen was upset that it was discussed in the documentary. Pippen commented on it in his interview for the Last Dance. So why would he not think that situation would be put in there?

In my opinion, what Pippen was upset about, was the lack of acknowledgment of the team's contributions aside from MJ. And MJ calling him selfish for opting to have surgery before the 98 season. All the Last Dance did was praise Jordan.
    Well not expose in the literal sense. Of course WE knew all about his black marks but it brought them to the younger generations who didnt. Scottie was selfish to have the surgery when he did and was rightly called out for it. Jordan was the focus but that's what people wanted. No-one wants a 10 part documentary about Scottie Pippen. He got an episode about him, he got plenty of praise, he needs to get the **** over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    Well not expose in the literal sense. Of course WE knew all about his black marks but it brought them to the younger generations who didnt. Scottie was selfish to have the surgery when he did and was rightly called out for it. Jordan was the focus but that's what people wanted. No-one wants a 10 part documentary about Scottie Pippen. He got an episode about him, he got plenty of praise, he needs to get the **** over it.
    Lol. Anybody that follows pro basketball is familiar with Pippen sitting out that 1.8 seconds. You Jordan fans never let him live it down.

Was Jordan selfish to opt to retire 3 weeks before the season started in 93? You guys and your double talk. SMH

I saw a recent picture of Magic, Kareem, Worthy and ( can't recall the 4th guy in the pic, maybe Cooper?) and it seems like the core of that team is intact in terms of post-ball relationships AFAIK. The 90s Bulls at this point are as known for all this drama as they were for what they did, especially to the younger generation. Damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Lol. Anybody that follows pro basketball is familiar with Pippen sitting out that 1.8 seconds. You Jordan fans never let him live it down.
    That's just not true. Younger fans wouldnt have studied playoff series from 30 years ago, its not THAT well known a moment. I also havent mentioned that play once. You keep bringing it up.