I'm a cum dumpster..
    Bro, this is a family message board.

Default Re: Why I Feared Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Bro, this is a family message board.
    It would seem so...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

someone here looks like they fear jordan….

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I'm a deviant homosexual and I have homicidal fantasies
    Yikes, you really need to seek help

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    lol@MJ going all out ALL THE TIME. It's already been discussed here before how he got mad and literally refused to shoot in a couple of games.

I like OP as a poster but MJ fans take the idolization of this man to a completely irrational and dishonest level.
    Hmmm...not sure anyone is claiming he isn't human. Those exception don't seem to detract from the main point I was making: his dissection of his opponents and finding a way to win.

As far as being a Jordan fan, I'm just as big a Curry fan, a LeBron fan, a fan of exceptional players less on an emotional basis and more that: why shouldn't we appreciate great players and what they do uniquely.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    I've talked to a few Knicks fans over the years and they all told me they feared MJ and knew deep down that they knew the Knicks weren't beating the Bulls. I imagine that's a tough feeling to have going into a playoffs series. When James was in his first stint with the Cavs, the Bulls and Cavs met in one playoffs series that the Bulls lost and I thought that this was probably the way the Knicks fans felt during the 90s when the opposing team had the head and shoulders best player between the two clubs. Then in 2011 we had the Thibs led Bulls with DRose playing at what in hindsight was his peak and a nasty D behind him, but that's the year James cowardly hightailed it to Miami to hook up with the second best player in the EC along with a perennial All Star to boot to win not one, not two, not three... and ruined basketball for the next decade. Had he stayed in CLE, the Bulls would've whopped them and probably beat Dallas in the Finals.
    Glad I wasn't alone Adaptability is one of the hallmarks of great players of any sport and not talked about all that much.

Tough situation with the Bulls. I think of Jordan's comments at a press conference about Krause's plan to rebuild and Jordan saying something like there's no guarantee you can rebuild in a few years and win again- that the Cubs had been "rebuilding" for 80 years. Seemed to foreshadow things for the Bulls. DeRozan and LaVine looked like they had something going that for a while.

Local High School Star

Really good thread

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Glad I wasn't alone Adaptability is one of the hallmarks of great players of any sport and not talked about all that much.

Tough situation with the Bulls. I think of Jordan's comments at a press conference about Krause's plan to rebuild and Jordan saying something like there's no guarantee you can rebuild in a few years and win again- that the Cubs had been "rebuilding" for 80 years. Seemed to foreshadow things for the Bulls. DeRozan and LaVine looked like they had something going that for a while.
    Lavine

NBA rookie of the year

Cool post OP, never mind the idiots that will spam threads like this, was refreshing to hear a real basketball take. Jordan was definitely built different.