Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skip Bayless - LeBron Hater - Ratings in the Toilet

Back in December 3 months ago:

https://frontofficesports.com/first-...-undisputed-2/

Skip Bayless recently starred in a commercial for “Undisputed” shot in an actual cemetery, which may be a metaphor for the dying competition between his show and rival Stephen A. Smith’s “First Take.”

Over the summer, the dueling morning programs revamped their casts and formats before the NFL season, each intending to become the leading “embrace debate” show on morning TV.

With more than three months of head-to-head competition between the reshuffled weekday shows, the verdict is in. It’s Smith by a technical knockout: From September to November, “First Take” averaged 554,000 viewers compared to 120,000 for “Undisputed.”
    Last Tuesday there was only 50 000 viewers! Train wreck!

Ever since Shannon Sharpe the LeBron truth sayer went to first take, the official king of LeBron haters, Skip Bayless has ratings that are down in the toilet right now.

This proves to me that people are finally waking up and realizing everything Skip has said about LeBron has been complete bullshit now that LeBron is pretty much the GOAT. They simply tuned him out and stop caring.

This is the thought process for casuals: "Oh ****, everything Skip said about LeBron was wrong, holy shit I can't watch this LeBron hating retard any further"

This also proves to me that LeBron hate is a marginal, fringe, low IQ, low interest among the public as it should be.

Default Re: Skip Bayless - LeBron Hater - Ratings in the Toilet

He's a retard and hard to listen to, but he's still winning at life. Dude gets to make millions doing the same shit we do on this forum

Serious playground baller Nowoco's Avatar

Undisputed was trash even when Shannon was on it. Now it's even worse. Skip is a tedious bore but his supporting cast are terrible. That's why the ratings have plummeted.

I don't watch First Take either. First Things First is light years ahead of all other debate shows and the only one I never miss.
    Last edited by Nowoco; 03-02-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    He's a retard and hard to listen to, but he's still winning at life. Dude gets to make millions doing the same shit we do on this forum
    You make a good point.

Rode the LeBron hate in 2011, then rode on Shannon Sharpe's back for continued relevance after 2016.

Now Fox will axe his show soon.

He gamed the system to the max.

Banned

8ball - cleans toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    Undisputed was trash even Shannon was on it. Now it's even worse. Skip is a tedious bore but his supporting cast are terrible. That's why the ratings have plummeted.

I don't watch First Take either. First Things First is light years ahead of all other debate shows and the only one I never miss.

First take is a variety of people get thrown together and throw their take into the hat, make it controversial. No real analysis happening.

Serious playground baller Nowoco's Avatar

Skip was given carte blanche to have the show any way he wanted it. He got rid of the moderator, made himself the anchor and hand picked his analysts.

So the massive failure it's been falls directly on him. If they axe the show then it will probably be the end of Skip's TV career. The problem for him is people under 30 don't give a shit about him and every single show out there provides hot takes now so he doesnt offer anything you can't get elsewhere by people far more popular than him. There's also a million YouTubers who do the same thing on sports. He's a dinosaur from a bygone era and so are his takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post

First Things First is light years ahead of all other debate shows
    100% this. Much more positive vibe and less focused on drama.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Is it worth it? We are anonymous names nobody cares about. Skip basically sold his soul. Everyone with a functioning brain knows he is a scumbag. Should have stuck to real sports journalism and spared his reputation.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

The thing that helped Skip get so big were his debate partners. On first take he had the biggest personality that ESPN has to offer in Stephen A Smith. When Skip left in 2016, he struck gold and to his credit chose Shannon Sharpe to be his debate partner. Sharpe was a funny personality that knew how to entertain and he is now crushing it without Skip on Youtube. Skip had great chemistry with both of them.

Skip whiffed big time in selecting Richard Sherman & Keyshawn Johnson as his current debate partners. Keyshawn is a pretty bland personality who doesn't bring any entertainment, Richard comes off as an angry man with no sense of humor, they don't bring the best out of Skip. Shannon Sharpe probably would have stayed longer if Skip didn't get in his feelings when Sharpe was clowning Brady which made Skip personally take a shot at Shannon, but at the same time I thought it was pretty weak what Shannon did to Skip after the whole Darvin Hamlin thing.

In the end, Skip's current weak debate partners will be his downfall, he is already 72 years old so he won't be around for much longer.

Local High School Star

I wonder how much Skip Bayless actually enjoys Sports versus just enjoying the stories behind Sports

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I bet it took them about 45 minutes to realize Shannon was the only thing viral undisputed had going for it to make up for the fact that nobody watches it. Funny thing is last year people on here were talking like Shannon needed Skip. Without the yearly cowboy elimination and big loss reaction, skip could go entire years without being mentioned.

Shannon out here turning down star interviews. He took the show with him when he left. Skip will end up back on ESPN. That’s how he’s going to retire. They’ll make a big showing bringing him back to first take and it will get a lot of attention for a while with he and Stephen A arguing about the Cowboys and he will know he can’t leave again.

His career is going to end as the sidekick on the show he started.

I don't know why people even bother watching this dudes. They don't even believe half the shit they say, most of their takes are just to get views so I avoid the more goofier ones like Skip, Nick Wrong, Colin Cowherd etc. Only one I listen too sometimes for his NFL takes or when he interviews guests is Rich Eisen.

I've started tuning into Gils arena the last month or so. Whatever you think of his takes, these are the kind of new age media broadcasts that are making Skip a dinosaur. What he does is no longer unique as anyone now can grab a mic and build an audience. And ex/current NBA players add a layer of authenticity to the mix on top of it.

I think NBA stars having their own podcasts and Stephen A starting his own show has killed Undisputed. Skip Bayless also has very few fresh takes. We all know what he's going to say so why watch...