Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: How good do you think Chet's talent is?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Second option rings carry little to no weight

Look at Scottie, Pau, etc.

It's always going to be Shais team on OKC.
    quite a bit of weight. Pippen is a HOFer, top 75, Dream Teamer. I don't see him as that without MJ

Local High School Star

Chet seems like a legit great small forward type player who happens to be the height of a very tall center

He's been kind of slumping as a shooter lately so this is a sort of weird bump. But yeah of course he's gonna be a very good player in the long run.

OKC is probably the worst team for him to develop on individually. Their offense runs absolutely nothing for him and he serves purely as a floor spreading decoy for Shai/Dub (especially for Shai - I don't think Chet has rolled instead of popping once this season with SGA running the PNR). And that's not going to change because it's still super effective and the guards will always get to dictate who gets the ball.

It may take until this core falls apart to realize whether he is a 1a talent or not (though the small sample sizes of play types indicate that he is).
    Last edited by Trollsmasher; 03-18-2024 at 03:44 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher View Post
    OKC is probably the worst team for him to develop on individually. Their offense runs absolutely nothing for him and he serves purely as a decoy for Shai/Dub. And that's not going to change because it's still super effective and the guards will always get to dictate who gets the ball.

It may take until this core falls apart to realize whether he is a 1a talent or not (though the small sample sizes of play types indicate that he is).
    that's the way of the league unfortunately. Seeing it again in Utah with George. I'm a lot more excited about their other two rookies than yet another ball dominant guard

Coach has been reading my posts. Actual flash cut to start the game, featured heavily as a roller instead of just popping endlessly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher View Post
    Coach has been reading my posts. Actual flash cut to start the game, featured heavily as a roller instead of just popping endlessly.

Man he was dunking all over them. I didn't realize he was this athletic. @1:35 was filthy.

White Durant with better defense is his ceiling.

Facts Are Misleading

You gotta stop the Durant comparisons. He ain't like that in his offensive game.

Like I said before, Durant with DPOY type defense is literally the GOAT basketball player. Just stop that shit. It's ****ing ridiculous

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Shut your bitch ass up boy.

He literally has the same exact body build as Durant, same perimeter shooting skill, and same type of smooth gliding athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    You gotta stop the Durant comparisons. He ain't like that in his offensive game.

Like I said before, Durant with DPOY type defense is literally the GOAT basketball player. Just stop that shit. It's ****ing ridiculous

Umm, peak Lebron was a better offensive player than Durant (TEAM offensive player, not iso scorer) and actually WAS a dpoy level defender.

Da fuq is u talkin bout my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    He's been kind of slumping as a shooter lately so this is a sort of weird bump. But yeah of course he's gonna be a very good player in the long run.
    Also looks like I jinxed him out of his slump with this post. Hurray!

National High School Star

I think he's basically a top twenty player...I can see him making 3-5 All-Star appearances, maybe All-NBA but PF is a tough category moving forward.

His ceiling to me is between Chris Webber and Bam Adebayo with his floor being between Ben Simmons and Kristaps Porzingis

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I think he's basically a top twenty player...I can see him making 3-5 All-Star appearances, maybe All-NBA but PF is a tough category moving forward.

His ceiling to me is between Chris Webber and Bam Adebayo with his floor being between Ben Simmons and Kristaps Porzingis
    What the hell does Bam Adebayo even do better than Chet right now?

And Chris Webber? Lol. Why Ben Simmons in this comparison?

Let me tell you something, Kristaps Porzingis this year is better than every name you just mentioned. Including Chet. Chet being at his level as a floor is just....this post sickens me with how terrible it was. But if you have a point ot make to make this make a little more sense I'm open to it..

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    What the hell does Bam Adebayo even do better than Chet right now?

And W? Lol. Why Ben Simmons in this comparison?

Let me tell you something, Kristaps Porzingis this year is better than every name you just mentioned. Including Chet. Chet being at his level as a floor is just....this post sickens me with how terrible it was. But if you have a point ot make to make this make a little more sense I'm open to it..
    He's doing a great job as the fourth or fifth best player on a great team. But he's never going to be an all-star again. Simmons is a three time all-star who made all-NBA once....something Kristops will never do. I think Chet at worse will make All-NBA atleast once.

As for Bam 3 title runs with 3 all-star appearances and leadership of a perennial team he's a MAX contract guy.

Webber on the other hand had an MVP run was all-NBA five times (along five all-star appearances)

All five are PF/C's from roughly the same era who rank highly but not to highly

1. Webber
    2. Bam
    3. Simmons
    4. Kristafs

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Man he was dunking all over them. I didn't realize he was this athletic. @1:35 was filthy.

White Durant with better defense is his ceiling.
    So like…one of the 10-15 best players ever?

Pretty lofty ceiling there.