Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I am officially renouncing my Suns fan card

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    That's my point. With a little bit of luck the conference finals is their ceiling, their most likely outcome is a first or second round out.
    In the few of their games that I've watched, my biggest takeaway is that Nurkic is utter trash. Losing Ayton was a huge mistake.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Odd time to pull the plug on them
    he’s probably coming off another relapse and redirecting his self loathing at his basketball team

it’s only a week or two after the all star break and he’s already thrown in the towel, jesus

good thing he is just a bandwagon fan, this dude hopped off just as easily as he hopped on

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    he’s probably coming off another relapse and redirecting his self loathing at his basketball team

it’s only a week or two after the all star break and he’s already thrown in the towel, jesus

good thing he is just a bandwagon fan, this dude hopped off just as easily as he hopped on

won 15 of last 21, time to denounce fandom...

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Devin Booker and kd are very low iq players. This team needs someone like a cp3 to balance out the low iqs. This team will never win shit without a pg. you can’t have kd and d book running the show. Unless you have an Olympic level cast around them…..n even then you need someone with a iq like a jrue or mike Conley to balance that shit out….. because it’s a 90% chance they will not execute in the clutch and will just turn the ball over or chuck up a contested shot

If Devin Booker would just accept a (prime) klay Thompson role he would be a championship level player.

If kd would just accept that he is a weapon in an offense and not a decision maker he would be on a dynasty again. Kd is only optimal when he is weaponized against someone like a Lebron or Giannis. If you tell kd as a coach “yo kd, just replicate his stats as best u can”. THATS KD! That’s when he’s at his best. Just producing stats. When you tell him to run the offense and do this and that…that’s when he’s out of his element. He’s pretty much a slightly more efficient Carmelo Anthony when you don’t rein him in….a non championship level player in other words

Everything I said was the truth….but they don’t want to hear the truth

.......It happened again.

Havent watched the game yet but it looks like Nurkic did a good job on Joker.

Banned

Not much of a fan if you jump ship when they go through a rough patch.

I'm still a Bulls fan even though they've been atrocious for a long time now.

not sure anyone knows you or cares what team you follow

Suns been a really difficult team to cheer for since the home court game 7 debacle

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Havent watched the game yet but it looks like Nurkic did a good job on Joker.
    Been saying that’s likely the reason they signed him, specifically so they didn’t have to double Jokic in a series, a series they probably thought was likely…. But it doesn’t look so likely that they’ll be in a heated competitive series with Denver at this point lol

Banned

Think about it...the Suns might have won the in season tournament if the refs hadn't hooked the Lakers up with a phantom time out call. And that means more than a real championship anyway, right?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LLL3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    I no longer want to be associated with this putrid and mediocre organization. I've never witnessed an organization aspire for such mediocrity, they do not long for a championship, with the exception of Grayson Allen, no one on that team has championship aspirations.

If I had been GM, this team would be 100x better. Why? I advocated for Luka Doncic back in 2017, and yes, it is documented. I advocated for Haliburton on draft day. I voted against the kd trade when I learned all the assets we gave away (our core and a bunch of picks).

In summary, this suns team would either have Luka or Hali and would be collecting W's hand over fist with either one instead of this sh1t show they have going on

Even if they have a healthy Beal/KD/Book, i just don't see them making it past a couple of the top teams in the west. Nuggets and Dallas owns their souls.
    Please keep in mind OP was in a raging alcoholic binge at the time he said would have done most of this stuff as GM, so he likely has no memory of what he was thinking back then and the excellent hindsight he recalls are likely from a dream during one of the many blackouts he was suffering at the time

Local High School Star

It seems like this would be the year that the Suns would be taken seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustler View Post
    Not much of a fan if you jump ship when they go through a rough patch.

I'm still a Bulls fan even though they've been atrocious for a long time now.
    Facts. I stuck through as a Suns fan all of last decade when everyone was blowing us out left and right, the whole rest of the league was using us as a laughing stock. Yet I still watched the draft, had hopes in free agency, watched preseason games, even watched summer league at times, just hoping for the team to be competitive again. And we are. So who am I to complain?

Shit all last decade I could only dream of watching guys like CP3 and KD want to join the Suns. D Book developing into an (arguably) top 10 player. Countless memorable games, and playoff series wins, and a finals appearance(even if we didn't win it). We've had ups and downs lately, but it's been fun, memorable basketball. Which is a whole lot better than winning 27 games a season.

I'm going to stick with my Suns no matter what happens. Whether they win a ring or not. A ring would be nice but it's not the end-all 1 thing that would justify my time spent being a fan of a team, I have fun and appreciate every little win. Shit, if anything once we win that 1st ring it's only going to feel sweeter thanks to how long we've been chasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    Facts. I stuck through as a Suns fan all of last decade when everyone was blowing us out left and right, the whole rest of the league was using us as a laughing stock. Yet I still watched the draft, had hopes in free agency, watched preseason games, even watched summer league at times, just hoping for the team to be competitive again. And we are. So who am I to complain?

Shit all last decade I could only dream of watching guys like CP3 and KD want to join the Suns. D Book developing into an (arguably) top 10 player. Countless memorable games, and playoff series wins, and a finals appearance(even if we didn't win it). We've had ups and downs lately, but it's been fun, memorable basketball. Which is a whole lot better than winning 27 games a season.

I'm going to stick with my Suns no matter what happens. Whether they win a ring or not. A ring would be nice but it's not the end-all 1 thing that would justify my time spent being a fan of a team, I have fun and appreciate every little win. Shit, if anything once we win that 1st ring it's only going to feel sweeter thanks to how long we've been chasing it.
    i stuck with them through the really rough years and they fumbled not once, not twice, etc. could have had Luka, could have had Haliburton...but Suns are gonna do Suns things and fumble with no defender in sight. make bad picks for 10 straight years then make a finals appearance only to blow your load on the big stage then continue getting punked by a sing guy (Luka) LOL. Booker ain't sh1t. KD is washed and innefective as a leader. this roster is literally built like a 2k roster, that's the hilarious part that none of you seem to understand.

BTW, Suns are still a laughingstock. you can say to yourself in the corner of your room *if we had Beal or Book healthy we would have won* while everyone else laughs. nobody cares, health is not an excuse in 2024 when every other team has an injured star player.