Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: From the favorite to the most hated. But would you rather be underpaid or overrat

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    And then we exit the fantasy world where your feelings matter and return to the real one where minimum pay is based on draft position and years of service and max is based on accolades. When you have to split half of 7-10 billion dollars in revenue among a few hundred guys the fact that some teams are bad doesn’t allow you not to pay them unless you want to pay the winners 140 million a season. And even if you were content to do that because of your childish spite, eventually, the people on those $800 million contracts would decline, and you would still be paying them that money to lose, which defeats the initial purpose.

We can live in a world of feelings, or we can think before we speak and act like ****ing adults. You proved long ago that your feelings for a slightly poor man’s Mutombo run so deep it alters your perception about the rest of the world. I accept that. I accept that you are abnormal. Many of us are. I don’t accept your desire to keep talking to me about it, and everyone who somehow gets caught in your web of feelings about him.

There is very little else to say.
    seems perfectly reasonable to like someone that makes a bad team good and is the 3rd best player in your hometown teams history and soon to be the only 4 time DPOTY despite his poor man Dikembe, Capela, Jordan status. How are COTM, Caplea and the Hawks fairing btw? Yes he doesn't score enough for the so-called normal people. He hasn't beaten an 8th seed to get to the western finals. He didn't get to the finals by playing in a a weak eastern conference. Once again I'm not the one bringing him up either. We were talking about Cousins. being overpaid. You turned it into something else because again I put down another player that apparently you think the world of for some odd reason. Another inefficient player coincidentally. There's guys I wouldn't want on my team for any amount of money no matter how much of a bargain you think they might be. Yes the Kings had to pay someone. They payed the wrong the guy! They finally figured it out before making it even worse so credit is due to them for finally figuring it out

https://fadeawayworld.net/after-sacr...last-4-seasons

"The Kings simply decided that they no longer wanted to let Cousins’ volatility dictate the culture of the locker room, league sources said. In recent weeks, majority owner Vivek Ranadive had become more open to the front office’s willingness to trade Cousins, passing on the commitment to the $209 million extension this summer, league sources said. Cousins’ uneven behavior in recent weeks chipped away at Ranadive’s resolve to keep him, and he started to listen more closely to the front office’s push to trade him for assets and rebuild, sources said. Two incidents in particular — an expletive-laced remark Cousins made about Golden State after Sacramento’s overtime win over the Warriors on Feb. 4 and a 17th technical foul, resulting in a one-game suspension, against New Orleans on Feb. 12 — caused Ranadive to have serious concerns about tethering the franchise to Cousins long term."
    ouch!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: From the favorite to the most hated. But would you rather be underpaid or overrat

After twenty two years I think you’re gonna end up only the second person ever to make my ignore list. Trying to talk to you is like drinking from a cup that only has slowly melting ice in it. You know there’s nothing there but if you let it sit long enough you might get a little liquid. Just enough to wet your beak. But you’re not gonna get a good drink. That’s all I feel I can get from you before your emotional attachment to one player involves itself and ruins it. Rudy Gobert has so tainted your mind it’s useless to talk to you about anything because it seeps into all other takes.

it’s my nature to talk to pretty much everybody about anything if they’re addressing me, but there’s just nothing coming back from you that is worth me continuing to read it and try to make sense of it.

It’s at a point I just kind of glaze over it like 3ball talking about LeBron or Jordan. I don’t think we have anything left to offer each other so I’m gonna just let you be and see how that goes.

After twenty two years I think you’re gonna end up only the second person ever to make my ignore list. Trying to talk to you is like drinking from a cup that only has slowly melting ice in it. You know there’s nothing there but if you let it sit long enough you might get a little liquid. Just enough to wet your beak. But you’re not gonna get a good drink. That’s all I feel I can get from you before your emotional attachment to one player involves itself and ruins it. Rudy Gobert has so tainted your mind it’s useless to talk to you about anything because it seeps into all other takes.

it’s my nature to talk to pretty much everybody about anything if they’re addressing me, but there’s just nothing coming back from you that is worth me continuing to read it and try to make sense of it.

It’s at a point I just kind of glaze over it like 3ball talking about LeBron or Jordan. I don’t think we have anything left to offer each other so I’m gonna just let you be and see how that goes.
    Who was the first person?

Learning to shoot layups

tobias harris should get a spot here.
    horace grant too - he would have been the highest paid player in nba with orlando if not for jordan coming back from retirement.

only have one myself but he just can't quit me!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Horse grant was up there for a minute. He might be the starter really. Relative to the cap he made the modern equivalent of $75 million for a couple years. He’d go along way towards the All overpay team making the playoffs.

Horse grant was up there for a minute. He might be the starter really. Relative to the cap he made the modern equivalent of $75 million for a couple years. He’d go along way towards the All overpay team making the playoffs.
    Cousins wouldn't make that team since he was a loser

Former NBA center DeMarcus Cousins appeared with NBA commentator Rachel Nichols and had bold words to say about what Trae Young should want this summer and if we will ever see Young in a Hawks uniform again: “I hope not. I hope this is the last time we see him in a Hawks uniform. I feel like his talent is being wasted, his prime is being wasted. Get healthy, get 100% correct whether that is in Atlanta or you know, fingers crossed, the San Antonio Spurs”

– via Sports Illustrated

Nichols and Cousins talked about the idea of Young being traded to the Spurs and pairing up with budding superstar Victor Wembanyama: “It’s a match made in heaven, it just makes sense. This Hawks team is not doing anything for his talent. I take it personal because I was in that situation once and hopefully this offseason, this is the season where he puts his foot down and uses his power and move to a situation that is going to be healthy for him.”
    – via Sports Illustrated

who will be the idiot to put this guy in a front office? You were in that situation because you were a loser.