Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Accept that you’re all casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It’s true but theres also levels to this shit.

For instance most of us (besides I’m Still Ballin) are relative casuals of the game itself, as in what happens between the whistles. The X’s and O’s, advanced data, fundamentals of execution. I think most of us like a bit of that mixed in with our intake, like frosting on a cake, rather than plopped down as a huge glob on its own.

That said, that is different from being a casual of the league. If you can match many dozens of players in the league name-to-face, know most of the coaches, know who won chips in a given year, follow the scores, follow the trades, as many here do… this is a different class than the “casual” viewer. The guy or girl who will know whatever league stories make big headlines and recognize the top 3-4 most famous players. They might stop on a game if theyre channel surfing but they dont look up who’s playing on a given night.

Those are the people the league targets to grow their audience. They dont care if you watch the game to closely scrutinize how different teams handle a Box-and-1, or just to see long jumpshot go splashhhh. They want people who watch less, to watch more. Which usually results in a dilution of the ‘integrity’ of the game or broadcast, whatever that may mean.
    You are a casual and a bitch...get the **** out of here

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba8 View Post
    You are a casual and a bitch...get the **** out of here

I watch a fair amount of JJ's videos. They pop up frequently but I had no idea the Pelicans/Zion video existed. Ironically he's oversimplifying something about oversimplifying something. Wouldn't consider myself a casual. Been watching a ton since the 80s and played a decent amount.

More click bait from OP.

All of us posting on this site are casuals. Mostly everyone on this site doesn't know the nuances of basketball anyways. I sure as hell don't. We just enjoy talking about it and discussing it.

Banned

Some of us are a lot more casual than others. You know who you are.

JJ has a much different (and much better) albeit less obvious way of planting the seed of his wanting to get out of media and into (or back into) coaching than say …. Kenny Smith, Mark Jackson, etc