Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I’m gonna be posting this about once a year or so till I’m satisfied…..

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Draymonds reign of terror this year has been more epic than any Barkley quotes.

It’s actually funny to me. Draymond isn’t even as bad as Hakeem was before he got old and mellowed out and nobody even remembers him as problematic. Hakeem slapped teammates, opponents, and threatened people all the time. Dirty fouls. He and mad max got into it once because max was “disrespecting” him by missing him in the post and they argued all the way to the locker room…here is what Max said happened:

"'Maxey what did you say to me? What did you say to me?'

"Bam … out of nowhere.

"I was getting ready to say, 'Man go ahead …' Then bam, he knocked the taste out of my mouth. I went crazy, I ran everybody out of that locker room, Rudy T., the police, everybody came in there, 'You better calm down.' I wanted to get someone. I busted a glass. I had glass in my hands. Cutting my hand up. They're telling me, 'Max, put the glass down.' Man, I’m mad as hell. Man, that motherf----- slapped the sh-- out of me, man."

Hakeem open palm bitch slapped him in front of everyone. A chair was thrown which broke a window and max took a shard of glass and went to stab Hakeem as security broke it up.

Hakeem slapped multiple teammates. Got in multiple fights. Fouled the **** outta people he thought disrespected him talked shit about his GM and said he wouldn’t play for him again. I believe he went public with it twice before he left(GM ended up in Portland). Hakeem would be suspended all the time now acting like he did then.

Draymond wouldn’t even be noteworthy at that time. Danny Ainge was more of a problem child than Draymond but nobody today knows it because nobody cared at the time. Danny damn near bit off Tree Rollins finger….

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: I’m gonna be posting this about once a year or so till I’m satisfied…..

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Danny Ainge was more of a problem child than Draymond but nobody today knows it because nobody cared at the time. Danny damn near bit off Tree Rollins finger….
    Lol, no. Ainge was more of a annoying pest, he wasn't going around getting countless technicals, punching teammates, & sucker punching opponents.

It’s actually funny to me. Draymond isn’t even as bad as Hakeem was before he got old and mellowed out and nobody even remembers him as problematic. Hakeem slapped teammates, opponents, and threatened people all the time. Dirty fouls. He and mad max got into it once because max was “disrespecting” him by missing him in the post and they argued all the way to the locker room…here is what Max said happened:

Hakeem open palm bitch slapped him in front of everyone. A chair was thrown which broke a window and max took a shard of glass and went to stab Hakeem as security broke it up.

Hakeem slapped multiple teammates. Got in multiple fights. Fouled the **** outta people he thought disrespected him talked shit about his GM and said he wouldn’t play for him again. I believe he went public with it twice before he left(GM ended up in Portland). Hakeem would be suspended all the time now acting like he did then.

Draymond wouldn’t even be noteworthy at that time. Danny Ainge was more of a problem child than Draymond but nobody today knows it because nobody cared at the time. Danny damn near bit off Tree Rollins finger….
    It was common back then so it wasn't really out-of place.
    Maxwell was probably worse than Hakeem.

Each team had one or two guys like that back in the day.

Xavier McDaniel beating Dale Ellis ass in a elevator years before Jay-Z and Solange throwdown.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Lol, no. Ainge was more of a annoying pest, he wasn't going around getting countless technicals, punching teammates, & sucker punching opponents.

Draymond would get suspended the rest of the season for this

And he doesn’t have half the history of fighting and generally chippy incidents Ainge had.

Draymond wouldn’t be a top three asshole on those Celtics. Larry Bird was more physical and prone to act out and start shit than Draymond Green. Larry sucker punch the guy in a preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    It was common back then so it wasn't really out-of place.
    Maxwell was probably worse than Hakeem.

Each team had one or two guys like that back in the day.

Xavier McDaniel beating Dale Ellis ass in a elevator years before Jay-Z and Solange throwdown.
    Yea very little of it was shocking. Just….the highlights of the days action. Hakeem as he was wouldn’t last a month before a season long suspension. As Wayne would put it…he didn’t shoot back because he shot first:

Gave Mitch Kupchak and Michael Cage the left hook. He tried to take Dennis Johnson head off with an overhand left while they were fighting the Celtics too.

Most have seen when he slapped dude on the Jazz, but that was not out of character. He slept all of his teammates, who forgot to throw the ball back to him after he made a shot shooting around. I can’t remember who it was but I think it was a rookie. Hakeem walked up and slapped him and told him “You must always give Dream his change”.

Draymond wouldn’t even be noteworthy in those days.

Never knew he was a southpaw.

He’s probably like me, in that he’s naturally left-handed, but was taught to do everything right handed so he’s just ambidextrous now. Unfortunately, I’m the shitty kind of ambidextrous so I just do things equally poorly with both hands. I shoot free throws about as well with either hand. I bowl with either hand. Only thing I can’t do right handed is swing a baseball bat. I didn’t even know I was a left handed hitter till I was told. I thought I was swinging right. Make me stand like righty’s stand to hit a baseball I would barely hit it off a tee. Left I’ll send it to the moon. Off a tee that is. I could never hit live pitching. Could play defense though. Got off track there….

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Draymond would get suspended the rest of the season for this

And he doesn’t have half the history of fighting and generally chippy incidents Ainge had.

Draymond wouldn’t be a top three asshole on those Celtics. Larry Bird was more physical and prone to act out and start shit than Draymond Green. Larry sucker punch the guy in a preseason game.
    Throwing a ball at someone? Really?

He's out here getting guys in rear naked chokes and throwing spinning backfists to the face and only got suspended a couple games.

Didn't dray also punch his own teammate in the face during pre season last year too?

Yo that ref was diesel. Not only did he take Hakeem down he knocked the other giant guy over behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Throwing a ball at someone? Really?

He's out here getting guys in rear naked chokes and throwing spinning backfists to the face and only got suspended a couple games.

Didn't dray also punch his own teammate in the face during pre season last year too?
    I mean with his current history included. If Draymond does that tonight it would be a total shit storm. This is one of those issues you’re just not going to understand. Danny Ainge might have been in more altercations than anybody I’ve ever watched. Not more than Rodman if you consider someone losing their temper and just shoving him a little. But knock down drag out everyone on the ground brawl? I can think of no less than five real fights he was in. And in one of them he almost bit off a guys finger. He had at least 3 straight MMA style takedowns I recall. All kinds of hard fouls we would call flagrant 2. He definitely has a more violent history than Green.

Green wouldn’t be top 3 violent if we only count 80 and 90s point guards. He has nothing on Isiah either. Or Alvin Robertson. Maybe not Calvin Murphy either. Definitely not mad max. Mad Max would have slapped Draymond in the face in public.

Its just the modern environment that makes him stand out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I mean with his current history included. If Draymond does that tonight it would be a total shit storm. This is one of those issues you’re just not going to understand. Danny Ainge might have been in more altercations than anybody I’ve ever watched. Not more than Rodman if you consider someone losing their temper and just shoving him a little. But knock down drag out everyone on the ground brawl? I can think of no less than five real fights he was in. And in one of them he almost bit off a guys finger. He had at least 3 straight MMA style takedowns I recall. All kinds of hard fouls we would call flagrant 2. He definitely has a more violent history than Green.

Green wouldn’t be top 3 violent if we only count 80 and 90s point guards. He has nothing on Isiah either. Or Alvin Robertson. Maybe not Calvin Murphy either. Definitely not mad max. Mad Max would have slapped Draymond in the face in public.

Its just the modern environment that makes him stand out.
    how much more violent would Green had been if the penalties weren't as severe though? Ainge would have been different if he was getting long suspensions and hurting his team

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    how much more violent would Green had been if the penalties weren't as severe though? Ainge would have been different if he was getting long suspensions and hurting his team
    Yup.

I've honestly never seen a player with quicker impulse movements than Dray. It reminds me of this documentary I watched that was explaining how a grown male chimp has the strength of 10 men and could tear a human limb from limb.

It's not because they have bigger muscles. Me or you easily outweigh them. It's because their nervous systems are geared in such a way to fire off all at once. So instead of smoothly activating a fine movement, they activate everything in a split second and that creates a tremendous amount of force.

Well to answer that you have to try to decide how much of it is nature and how much of it is environment. Nature vs nourish nba edition. It’s a fair question but I can’t answer it. I also can’t say how many incidents Draymond has in a league with Shaq, Oakley, Laimbeer, Barkley, Malone, Mahorn, Anthony Mason, Hakeem and on and on it goes who won’t take that treatment. When the next step is fist to face not more talk? When it’s actually squaring up to fight not pretending you wanna fight? When it isn’t Nurkic saying you’re out of control in a press conference but Bill Laimbeer actually throwing a haymaker or Bird just sucker punching you because he told you what would happen next time you disrespect him?

A lot of that mouthy shit comes to an end. How many times you see him pulling that shit with Shaq? You imagine he’s stepping on Charles Oakleys chest?

Thats the hard part to factor in.

Yea he’d have more freedom to act out back then. He’d also have been punched in the face for it instead of a stern talking to.

I don’t know about you, but every time I’ve been punched in the face I learned more than I learned from my stern conversations. Hes protected by playing in a time everyone is friends and fines and suspension make fighting too costly.

Let them fight it out and land some real blows like they used to do. I bet he’s a little less prone to take it there.

These guys don’t even get even on the floor. Karl Malone would have “accidentally” put an elbow 2 inches into his skull getting a rebound and sent a message.

The players don’t police it anymore so it’s hard to know the true outlaws.

when dealing with somebody who will match or exceeded his antics suddenly he became the peacemaker.

They used to be 50 Isiah Stewart’s.

You see Draymond Green stomping on that guy chest or grabbing him all crazy and taking it where it would go? I don’t. He’s not doing that shit to Shaq. And we were talking about a league of people who didn’t back down to Shaq themselves.

Dray doesn't want that smoke. Stewart definitely looks like he has some Artest in him.