Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fouls in the All-Star Game

I guess it must mean the refs are letting them play. Love that physical ball. Pause.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It stopped being a competition under the logic "well we don't want anybody to get hurt in the 1 out of 80-100 games this season". It's the same reason we have load management. When a 200 million dollar contract is on the line players dont care about winning a basketball game as much.
    That's it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

media and fans call out the players on no defense.

Fact is each of these guys are millionaires and do not want to risk a injury on a meaningless game as this.

As I stated before have the all-star game after the chip series , and make it east vs west and million bucks to each player who wins.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

Fact is each of these guys are millionaires and do not want to risk a injury on a meaningless game as this.

As I stated before have the all-star game after the chip series , and make it east vs west and million bucks to each player who wins.
    some players season is over in April. They're going to come back in June and play? Even more injury risk there

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Its not just aboult fouls. Ofcourse the game is softer now but worries me the most is the lack of passion and love for the game. These kids today don't feel for the game like back then. They probably lagued at Dennis Rodman's cry when he became defensive player of the year. That's real basketball. When you love you have to cry. If you don't then you are not in love. Simple as that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    Its not just aboult fouls. Ofcourse the game is softer now but worries me the most is the lack of passion and love for the game. These kids today don't feel for the game like back then. They probably lagued at Dennis Rodman's cry when he became defensive player of the year. That's real basketball. When you love you have to cry. If you don't then you are not in love. Simple as that.
    Gobert cried and ISH laughed

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

I don't recall a player getting injured in an All-Star game.
    You don't get injured giving effort.

Winner should get home court advantage in the Finals.

problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    Winner should get home court advantage in the Finals.

problem solved.
    Well, then they'll slack in the regular season. Imagine have the best record in the league, but then playing say a play in team like the 20223 Heat that just so happen to make it to the Finals and the East won the All-Star game.
    Last edited by L.Kizzle; 02-21-2024 at 12:37 AM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    I don't recall a player getting injured in an All-Star game.
    You don't get injured giving effort.
    Wade broke Kobe’s nose.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Well, then they'll slack in the regular season. Imagine have the best record in the league, but then playing say a play in team like the 20223 Heat that just so happen to make it to the Finals and the East won the All-Star game.
    This is the only way to save the All-Star game.

maybe it should be done every other year. One year they go by best record, The next year they go by ALL STAR game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Wade broke Kobe’s nose.
    I mean, ish happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    This is the only way to save the All-Star game.

maybe it should be done every other year. One year they go by best record, The next year they go by ALL STAR game.
    Losing team gets 10 lashes for each player after the game. When Silver is handing over the trophy and they're popping bottles on the court, we can see in the background ****** bent over butt naked taking it medieval style. 20 is excessive. 10 is firm but fair. And if Rich Paul or some NBAPA geek comes running out with some paperwork, they can get it too for accessory.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Losing team gets 10 lashes for each player after the game. When Silver is handing over the trophy and they're popping bottles on the court, we can see in the background ****** bent over butt naked taking it medieval style. 20 is excessive. 10 is firm but fair. And if Rich Paul or some NBAPA geek comes running out with some paperwork, they can get it too for accessory.
    How about, East v. West. For every 5 points in differential, the losing Conference has to turn over a game check to the winning conference, to be distributed equally. Thus, if your conference loses, everyone on your team loses a game check, maybe more than one. Bet the game would end up being more competitive than the playoffs.