Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Who's arrival in LA brought LA a title?.. Lebron in 2019 or AD in 2020?

Yet it's reported that Lebron brought LA a title (misreporting)

So it's easy to call someone the GOAT by misreporting their career and giving them credit for things that teammates did.

That's why AD is top 75 - it's been his team since he arrived in LA and turned the team around - everyone saw what AD could do with a little help.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Who's arrival in LA brought LA a title?.. Lebron in 2019 or AD in 2020?

I thought it was COVID, Disney and their Bubble?

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Who's arrival in LA brought LA a title?.. Lebron in 2019 or AD in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post

This historical timeline says it's AD, and it also said that AD turned the Lakers defense from worst to first, while leading them in scoring for entire regular season and playoffs - he was #1 in NBA for playoff scoring and outplayed Jokic, yet he doesn't get credit for the title? Since when has the playoff scoring champ not gotten credit for the title at "that guy" on the team?.. 1-9 before pippen (8 ppg) > lottery before AD (playoff scoring champ)

Ok but how do you get Gervin and Woolridge as running mates and still go 1-9 until Along Came Scottie??

I mean THATS crazy.

AD wouldn't have even been in LA if LeBron wasn't so...

Don't bother replying to me. I won't see it.

Who's arrival in Chicago brought Chicago a title?.. Jordan in 1985 or Pippen in 1988?

The Bulls were a 1-9 laughingstock who couldn't even muster a winning season in Jordan's first 3 years, Pippen arrives and they immediately start winning playoff series and then later on championships. Even after Baldan retired Pippen was leading them to one of the best records in the league.

So it's easy to call someone the GOAT by misreporting their career and giving them credit for things that teammates did.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    AD wouldn't have even been in LA if LeBron wasn't so...

Don't bother replying to me. I won't see it.

Those facts are superseded by the fact that Lebron was lottery in 2019 - AD did not join a contender and infact made them one with league-leading stats.. Again, when has the playoff scoring champ that outplayed the league MVP not gotten credit for winning the title? It would be like giving 95' Drexler the credit for winning the title instead of the playoff scoring champ that outplayed the league MVP (Hakeem)

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

Who's arrival in Chicago brought Chicago a title?.. Jordan in 1985 or Pippen in 1988?

Jordan's in 85' obviously

It shook the whole world and league and brought skills and riches to future athletes like Lebron or Kobe that wouldn't otherwise have been there.

NBA Superstar

Both?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    1st post slay

Banned again

Banned

Obviously AD. Without him, Lebron hasn't even been able to make the playoffs as a Laker.

And it was STILL a bubble joke of a ring.

Truth hurts.

Domino effect. You think AD is coming if Lebron ain't there?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Yet it's reported that Lebron brought LA a title (misreporting)

That's why AD is top 75 - it's been his team since he arrived in LA and turned the team around - everyone saw what AD could do with a little help.
    Anthony Davis no doubt