Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Klay benched

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Klay benched

You have a bit of a warped Perspective because you’re tied up so heavily in that LeBron and Jordan and Kobe and Steph eternal argument where all of you have to shit on the teammates of the one you’re supporting and act like the teammates of the one you’re hating on are getting too much criticism. It’s gone on so long with some of you I have no idea what you genuinely think because all opinions have to be run through a filter to make sure they don’t contain any content that would hurt other arguments.

Knowing you have to consider that(Consciously or not) I don’t expect you to not single out clay to be disparaged. I know how the game is played. I’m speaking more generally.

people always do that. See someone they feel doesn’t get hated on enough and try to increase the hate even though we all agree there is enough in the world. Especially when it comes to sports. Nobody can just watch a damn game. We hate watch. We hate commentate. I just feel like it has to get exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Not really what I said there. I've defended Russ in the past and I thought Klay could perhaps get back to 90-95% of what he was after his injuries, but IMO he needs to come off the bench and perhaps not be given minutes in crunch time based on his performance this season. You can't trust him to make the right play on either end from what I've seen. He's still a great spot-up shooter, but that alone is not enough.

It's just funny that some of the people who went hard on Russ are making excuses for Klay's performance.
    Klay after Kerr has been the biggest issue with the team this season. If Klay didn't play a single game this season, this team is 5th or 6th seed. Addition by subtraction.

klay deserves the criticism. With lacob's comments about avoiding the luxury tax next year being his main goal, think there's a decent chance he's gone. curry's next few years going be wasted unless kuminga is legit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    klay deserves the criticism. With lacob's comments about avoiding the luxury tax next year being his main goal, think there's a decent chance he's gone. curry's next few years going be wasted unless kuminga is legit
    Have to be Paul and Klay he's talking about. Either gone of taking big pay cuts

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    You have a bit of a warped Perspective because you’re tied up so heavily in that LeBron and Jordan and Kobe and Steph eternal argument where all of you have to shit on the teammates of the one you’re supporting and act like the teammates of the one you’re hating on are getting too much criticism. It’s gone on so long with some of you I have no idea what you genuinely think because all opinions have to be run through a filter to make sure they don’t contain any content that would hurt other arguments.

Knowing you have to consider that(Consciously or not) I don’t expect you to not single out clay to be disparaged. I know how the game is played. I’m speaking more generally.

people always do that. See someone they feel doesn’t get hated on enough and try to increase the hate even though we all agree there is enough in the world. Especially when it comes to sports. Nobody can just watch a damn game. We hate watch. We hate commentate. I just feel like it has to get exhausting.

Klay has had the worst season of his career this year and is coming off a game where he went 1-9 from 3pt range with his team putting up 125 points in a close game they lost but should've won.

The benching was deserved. Podz is a better player tbh right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It's not hate, it's just... factually what has been happening.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’m not sure I have said Klay‘s name this entire season. It’s fair to criticize anybody. But the notion people need to be hated on more is just weird to me. I feel like if the scales need balancing we could just do it by giving the hated on people a break and not increasing the hate of the few who don’t have it.

The fact that the same few people get predictively hated on and you can tell it’s all part of a bigger argument is secondary. True. But secondary. We all know Lebron fans are usually(just usually) gonna prop up Steph’s teammates and shit on Lebrons. Steph fans have been shitting on Klay and Dray for years. 3 ball hates Pippen and Rodman. People hating Lebron in favor of Kobe all hate on Pau but rep Bosh and so on. Lebron fans shit on Kyrie and Wade. It goes a dozen directions and always from predictable sources.

Everyone can be legitimately criticized, but it’s hard to pretend not to see who does it towards the same people all the time and why.

I would like to see it all stop but I know it isn’t realistic, so I’m not really pushing for it. I feel like a more constructive way to do it would be to support your guy and not support him by shitting on his teammates and propping up the teammates of the people you don’t like.

But that ship has long sailed. I feel like it’s more effective though. Like it’s easier to look right with targeted praise than targeted criticism. But that’s the world.

And I’m generally accepting of it though it’s annoying.

If the Warriors let Klay and CP3 walk would get them out of luxury tax purgatory. They will still have to pay some but they've had ourtrageous tax bills recently.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    If the Warriors let Klay and CP3 walk would get them out of luxury tax purgatory. They will still have to pay some but they've had ourtrageous tax bills recently.
    could trade guys into cap space as well I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    could trade guys into cap space as well I guess

They won't need to. With those two gone the only guy making over 30/yr is Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    They won't need to. With those two gone the only guy making over 30/yr is Steph.
    if they're gone. Not sure they're letting Klay go if he'll take less money

Nah. It's more so that ppl here will defend Klay (even though he's washed and it's the right move to bench him) while they have no issue shitting on the next legend that they don't personally like.

We all come here to talk shit, I don't expect the people here to actually act the way they do here in real life lol, you think I'm actually hate watching my own team with Lebron on it? I'm rooting for them to win and for him to play well as it helps the team. I'll still talk shit to the Bran trolls but it has nothing to do with how I view him personally. I can respect a legend and also poke fun at their fans.

"He's shown still, that he can be Klay Thompson…I would expect both Florida teams, both LA teams [to show interest]…he's gonna test the marketplace."
    Shams Charania on Klay's future with the Warriors 🗣
    (via @PatMcafeeShow)pic.twitter.com/UKzHrtzQEm
    — ClutchPoints (@ClutchPoints) February 16, 2024

– via Twitter ClutchPointsApp

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Ouch
    dame should be benched

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I’m not sure I have said Klay‘s name this entire season. It’s fair to criticize anybody. But the notion people need to be hated on more is just weird to me. I feel like if the scales need balancing we could just do it by giving the hated on people a break and not increasing the hate of the few who don’t have it.

The fact that the same few people get predictively hated on and you can tell it’s all part of a bigger argument is secondary. True. But secondary. We all know Lebron fans are usually(just usually) gonna prop up Steph’s teammates and shit on Lebrons. Steph fans have been shitting on Klay and Dray for years. 3 ball hates Pippen and Rodman. People hating Lebron in favor of Kobe all hate on Pau but rep Bosh and so on. Lebron fans shit on Kyrie and Wade. It goes a dozen directions and always from predictable sources.

Everyone can be legitimately criticized, but it’s hard to pretend not to see who does it towards the same people all the time and why.

I would like to see it all stop but I know it isn’t realistic, so I’m not really pushing for it. I feel like a more constructive way to do it would be to support your guy and not support him by shitting on his teammates and propping up the teammates of the people you don’t like.

But that ship has long sailed. I feel like it’s more effective though. Like it’s easier to look right with targeted praise than targeted criticism. But that’s the world.

And I’m generally accepting of it though it’s annoying.
    I do not think that is what this is

It feels more like the Bellichick thing where it is better to get rid of a player too early than it is to hold on too long. The Klay hate is a product of the Kerr hate. The Kerr hate seems reasonable enough. From the outside it really looks like he lets his loyalty cloud his judgement.