Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Is the newest NBA2K game worth playing?

It Ib fun about 10 years ago when we had our own team. They called it my crew at the time. Me, Gobb, and Carbine are the only names you’d recognize who were on those teams but we had a good group. I’d get back to it if we had a good number of people. I used to play with my friends in person when I moved back to my old neighborhood and we will be six or more deep in my game room. I’ve not really been on video games since those days.

The problem with modern sports games is it's been consolidated down to like 1 major publisher making the annual entry. EA with Madden, 2K with NBA2k. 20 years ago we had 2k, Live, Jam, Street, ESPN 2night, Microsoft and Sony had their own series and even Nintendo dabbled into it with NBA Courtside. Go a little further back and you had Konami making in the Zone and shit like that.

Very good NBA starter

I have NBA2K22 and while all of what's said is true, to me it's still impressive how good and realistic it feels to play. It's just a shame there isn't some kind of game you can play that isn't about paying for cards.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

What bugged me about my team was how everyone was so highly rated you couldn’t really use lineups to just have fun. I wanna have Mark Jackson with Jason Williams as backup but they’re not rated high enough to compete with everyone having bullshit like a 95 Ben Simmons who can shoot threes.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    What bugged me about my team was how everyone was so highly rated you couldn’t really use lineups to just have fun. I wanna have Mark Jackson with Jason Williams as backup but they’re not rated high enough to compete with everyone having bullshit like a 95 Ben Simmons who can shoot threes.
    Yeah that was completely broken.

I just want to do what it was meant to do, put together players from different eras and have fun with that.

Then you see 99 Taco Fall and it doesn't matter.

i don thave the attention span for nba 2k. they need to release a new NBA Jam already

Very good NBA starter

Just as we talked the game goes on sale for like $25 so I bought it.

Bet I will have fun with it, if nothing else then my goal of winning a ring with a pure euro team. Yes, I will do that and I don't care that its lunatic behaviour.

Very good NBA starter

Man, Kobe is really dead huh

Cringe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Just as we talked the game goes on sale for like $25 so I bought it.

Bet I will have fun with it, if nothing else then my goal of winning a ring with a pure euro team. Yes, I will do that and I don't care that its lunatic behaviour.
    For 25 bucks it’s worth it to play a bit of single player. I haven’t played online in a few weeks even after I exploited to get every player in the game. I usually just will maybe play a game of two teams who are facing each other that night and have a chill game.

Very good NBA starter

I started a MyLeague with Celtics.

Traded Tatum to Sacramento for Sabonis.

Traded Brown to Warriors for expiring Klay and 1st round picks.

Traded Jrue Holliday to OKC for expiring Hayward and 1 round picks

I could not get Chet, Sengun, Reaves or Luka, so I intend to suck the first season, while I learn how to play again, then use my 2-3 first round picks and see if I can't lure at least Chet away with a good package the coming offseason. I'll have picks and tons of cap space.

Playing on Hall of Fame, which is the most difficult, so I'll lose some games for sure until I learn the ropes.

Zingis is playing great though. Sabonis and Zingis are punishing these small ball lineups.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I started a MyLeague with Celtics.

Traded Tatum to Sacramento for Sabonis.

Traded Brown to Warriors for expiring Klay and 1st round picks.

Traded Jrue Holliday to OKC for expiring Hayward and 1 round picks

I could not get Chet, Sengun, Reaves or Luka, so I intend to suck the first season, while I learn how to play again, then use my 2-3 first round picks and see if I can't lure at least Chet away with a good package the coming offseason. I'll have picks and tons of cap space.

Playing on Hall of Fame, which is the most difficult, so I'll lose some games for sure until I learn the ropes.

Zingis is playing great though. Sabonis and Zingis are punishing these small ball lineups.
    Hall of fame gets pretty wild. I would maybe start on All-Star or Superstar. A tip I found out for this version is turn off the shot meter, you get a larger window for a make if the meter is turned off. So get comfortable with the releases of a few guys on your team and leave the meter off. You will make a lot more shots. Keep the layup meter on though. There’s so many different layup animations that there is no consistent release. It might be possible to play with no lay up meter but I would assume it would take insane amounts of practice and isn’t worth it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Hall of fame gets pretty wild. I would maybe start on All-Star or Superstar. A tip I found out for this version is turn off the shot meter, you get a larger window for a make if the meter is turned off. So get comfortable with the releases of a few guys on your team and leave the meter off. You will make a lot more shots. Keep the layup meter on though. There’s so many different layup animations that there is no consistent release. It might be possible to play with no lay up meter but I would assume it would take insane amounts of practice and isn’t worth it.
    I can't play on lower difficulty levels, no fun for me, has to be the most difficult.

I'm figuring it out, lost the first 5 games, but with the trades I made the team is pretty bad. Dominating these small ball lineups which is fun though. Zingis averaging like 27ppg.

Like with the last game I really struggle to get 3 pointers off and make them, just doesn't seem as if players get open enough.

I also find it difficult to call plays? Like you have to press several buttons just to get to positional play calling and they don't have actual names of sets? Did they dumb down this too?

I wonder if they will put the IST in 2k25