Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Is the newest NBA2K game worth playing?

I got to say I think these NBA2K games are most often fun, at least until you figure out how to beat the AI on the hardest difficulty.

The ability to play the classic teams is the best part imo.

I was very dissapointed with NBA2K online multiplayer tho, no fun at all, just kids cheesing and meta'ing to win. Literally didn't seem as basketball, just the most toxic "gaming".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Is the newest NBA2K game worth playing?

so me and the boys would play them back in the day in person. i messed around online a little with a few of them 10 plus years ago, none of that my player shit, that is hella gay

but i got the new one recently because i haven’t gotten one since the kyrie one and i was playing single player games with random teams and it was cool

I don’t **** with my player mode but they had this my team thing which i never seen. i checked it out a little and it seemed cool but then i saw it was all about money. it is a legit scam game

I was still playing and doing pretty decent, i bought MJ for 20 bucks and was giving some kids the work. then i got home on christmas night and was gonna play a little and I saw paul george for deal of the day. paul george is a perfect 2k player so i copped it immediately then started playing. after a game or two i thought it was a crazy good deal then realized I could sell it back for higher then the price I paid for it….

long story short i sat there for an hour and exploited over 10 thousand worth of the in game currency and bought everything in the game

all the lame cuck dudes who spent all their money got so mad, 2k did nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style...e-bryant-free/

but all in all it’s decent. just play single player or with your boys when hanging out

Very good NBA starter

Yeah that MyTeam is the best, until you realize that kids just buy these cards and they're all 99 and you can't do anything about it.

I've been off 2k for years, just seemed like the focus shifted to in-game monetization and the gameplay never really evolved much( and without another sim style game pushing it, I guess it doesn't have to from the developer standpoint). I wish a new NBA street or Jam would come out, those arcade games have the most replay value/lasting power. They tried with NBA Playgrounds but that was a shallow imitator of that style.

If you wanna play mostly online then you have to be willing to drop another $50-100. Too many try-hards on there who treat 2k like a full-time job and use their momma's credit card to purchase insane amounts of VC.

I used to buy 2k every 2 years or so and I'd grind out MyCareer mode every time for several months before getting bored and switching to a new game. I bought 2k23 last year and after grinding on MyCareer mode for a few months, I learned that you can't even ****ing play ANY mode, even offline, when the severs shut down. On average, 2k shuts their servers down 2-3 years after the release. So all those hours, days, weeks, months people spend on leveling up their 2k player mean absolutely nothing.

And it's the same damn game every year. Same grind every year for the morons who buy it.

2k is shit. Don't buy it OP.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I used to play 2k16 online and it was dope. You had to play with only real teams that were ranked 1, 2, or 3 stars and you got bonus rank ups for winning with lower seed star teams. What do they do now? Allow custom teams where everybody is a 99? That would be super lame.

Very good NBA starter

Yeah the online crap is crap.

The single player mode is pretty fun though, trying to win a ring with Luka and making trades and stuff like that, but like I said, once you figure it out, you kind of win every game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Yeah the online crap is crap.

The single player mode is pretty fun though, trying to win a ring with Luka and making trades and stuff like that, but like I said, once you figure it out, you kind of win every game.
    Wait... so online really is just custom 99 star teams by everybody or do you have to choose a regular team? There has to be an online option to play ranked exhibition matches with only regular teams right?

2K don't deserve anyone's money. Making grindy games that are unplayable after 2-3 years is a ****ing travesty. More or less an absolute scam. Can't believe people still buy while complaining about it year after year.

PAY TO WIN

AVOID

They even bought and royally fu@ked up the more fun game …. The evolution of NBA JAM …. NBA PLAYGROUNDS.

They turned it into NBA 2k Playgrounds and made it a gross in-game transaction nightmare, where even some hermit with no life playing it for hours a day, couldn’t possibly keep up with some spoiled brat buying all the packs.

It’s grotesque what big investors have done to modern gaming.

NBA lottery pick

In comparison to what other game?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Wait... so online really is just custom 99 star teams by everybody or do you have to choose a regular team? There has to be an online option to play ranked exhibition matches with only regular teams right?
    I'm not sure, but the 99 for some random scrub player ruined online for me.

What's the point in collecting a team if everyone is 99?

2K11 was the peak.

I miss that era of basketball.

Used to play it a lot on the psp but not so much on the consoles due to difficulty with the controls, esp. with two analogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    2K11 was the peak.

I miss that era of basketball.
    Goat soundtracks for sure. On par with the NBA live 09 songs.

The game isn't what is used to be.

They nerfed post play. I used to dominate with guys like Shaq, Hakeem and Dirk out of the post.