Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just another reminder that LeBron has less triple doubles than Jokic

Bosh was never a player on the level of Jayson Tatum. At his best was a top 20 player on the level of say Sabonis or Adebayo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Just another reminder that LeBron has less triple doubles than Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Bosh was never a player on the level of Jayson Tatum. At his best was a top 20 player on the level of say Sabonis or Adebayo.
    How did he get voted to 2nd team All NBA then in his prime? Not even 3rd but 2nd?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    Been saying this for years. Guys like Jokic and Doncic pass all the skill tests but lebron severely lacks there even tough bron stans and media tried to push this "greatest all around player ever" title because of his stats, it sure wasn't the eye test. Now his stats look inferior compared to many skilled players, even peak James Harden scoring 36ppg 10asst, now stans are left defending his weaknesses, 3 rings in 2 decades and lesser stats than more skilled players who don't really visibly stat pad like lebron does.
    Yep. If stats were all that mattered, Wilt would be the GOAT. Besides, there's no stat that measures shriveling in the clutch or choking in big games.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    How did he get voted to 2nd team All NBA then in his prime? Not even 3rd but 2nd?
    One 2nd Team isn't that impressive. He got it because the Raptors were the 3rd seed that year. I followed that team and everyone was excited then Bosh had a dumpster fire of a postseason. Bosh was a nice guy so Raptors fans liked him but he was soft. He couldn't handle the physicality and especially playing good defensive teams.

2nd All NBA team is top 10. You and others said he was in the 20s.

Losing to Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson trio when your second option is TJ Ford isn't embarrassing. I'm a Nets Fan. It would be embarrassing if it happened the other way around and Toronto still had Carter or added Kidd.
    This isn't remotely true, Julius Randle made it just a couple of years ago, have had the likes of Jaylen Brown, Morant, DeRozan, Siakam, Pau on the Bulls, the list goes on and on.

By your own metric, that means Bosh wasn't a top 15 player for 12 of his 13 years in the league.

One 2nd Team isn't that impressive. He got it because the Raptors were the 3rd seed that year. I followed that team and everyone was excited then Bosh had a dumpster fire of a postseason. Bosh was a nice guy so Raptors fans liked him but he was soft. He couldn't handle the physicality and especially playing good defensive teams.
    2nd team All NBA team is top 10. You and others said he was in the 20s.

Furthermore, losing to Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, and Richard Jefferson trio when your second option is TJ Ford isn't embarrassing. Bosh had 0 help comparatively.

I was a hardcore Nets Fan when they were still in NJ and used to go to games in The Meadowlands. I saw these games up close.

The aforementioned Carter and Kidd were both better than Bosh in 2007.

Make a serious top 10 list for 2007 and put Bosh in the top 10. Go ahead.

I cannot wait to see him attempt this

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I cannot wait to see him attempt this
    He has to put Kidd over Bosh, because he once said Kidd was better than LeBron

NBA Superstar

The Randle comp is actually decent as they are similar players. Randle was also top 10 in MVP voting in 2021, but then had an awful go of it in the playoffs and people backtracked on his overall standing. Much like Bosh in 07.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

He reminded me more of a poor man's David Robinson

Easy.

I don't even have to make it for you.

I was actually underselling @ top 10.

Chris Bosh was voted top 7 that year in MVP voting.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Same way Peja and Sam Cassell did. It isn’t a ranking. Peja was all nba over Dirk. He had a great year. He wasn’t better at basketball than 25 year old prime Dirk. Not that you even have to go back that far. Jaylen, Derozen, and Randle have never been top 10 either but all were all nba second team the last 3 years.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Losing to Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson trio when your second option is TJ Ford isn't embarrassing. I'm a Nets Fan. It would be embarrassing if it happened the other way around and Toronto still had Carter or added Kidd.

Funny thing is you talk like others don’t remember the time when we were on here at the time with Raptor fans saying TJ ford was the reason the raptors were finally good. There was an ongoing Taj vs Kirk Hinrich debate and TJ had a large following. And after him José Calderon was a darling of some of the early efficiency whores we had. A 50/40/98 season will do that. There was a whole debate because Arenas was saying guys like Jose shouldn’t be all stars and the advanced number guys took offense.

Jose and TJ were darlings of Raptor fans for a while there. They shit on Bosh heavily due to his playoff disappointments.

Like Embiid if Embiid were like 70% as good as he is.

So was DeAndre Jordan a top 5 player in the league in 2016?