Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just another reminder that LeBron has less triple doubles than Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    That's the modern equivalent of Jokic, Doncic & Tatum teaming up lol. Could you imagine?
    The Bosh comparisons in these always crack me up, it’s always someone much better than him

Default Re: Just another reminder that LeBron has less triple doubles than Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    The Bosh comparisons in these always crack me up, it’s always someone much better than him
    To be fair he thinks Tatum is a Brandon Ingram level player so it’s actually pretty accurate from his point of view.

I think it's more shocking that Jimmy Butler has more triple doubles in 4 years than LeBron had in his 4 years with Miami.

5 star thread

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Bosh made All NBA and led his team to a 47-35 win record with this as his help...

And that's not a typo... one of the best starters on his team had a last name of garbage-osa.

And that's the help he did it with. 2nd team All NBA ahead of guys like Garnett and Dwight.

Tatum is nice but he isn't doing shit on the mid 2000s Raptors. He's been pampered his whole career on a great Franchise and isn't really better at all.

They were both top 10-15 players.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Bosh made All NBA and led his team to a 47-35 win record with this as his help...

And that's not a typo... one of the best starters on his team had a last name of garbage-osa.

And that's the help he did it with. 2nd team All NBA ahead of guys like Garnett and Dwight.

Tatum is nice but he isn't doing shit on the mid 2000s Raptors. He's been pampered his whole career on a great Franchise and isn't really better at all.

They were both top 10-15 players.
    The 3 years after that they couldn’t even get over .500 with a team with much more talent. And at a glance it seems the point was Bosh doesn’t belong in the comparisons he’s always in as the last guy in a big 3. And it’s true. People always make those comparisons and all 3 are tiers above Bosh. Bosh was left entirely off the all nba team 12 times and he retired at 31. He played from 19-31….entire physical and skills prime…and made 1 all nba team. In a league with 3 all nba teams(used to have 2). He was behind the likes of Boozer, Marion, Pau, Randolph, Aldridge and so on a lot more than he made it.

Guy just wasn’t considered that great.

He wasn't ranked below any of those guys in the mid 2000s.

Marion was playing on stacked Suns teams and would be a joke as a 1st option on the Raptors (or any team for that matter... he was a great ancillary player but had no scoring or playmaking bag at all) and Pau never made All NBA til he went to LA and played with Kobe.

He wasn't "that great" in terms of being Kobe or Lebron sure. Tatum?

I guess you just didn't watch prime Raptors predator hair having, face up aficionado Chris Bosh.

There's no shame in admitting it.

Marion was playing on stacked Suns teams and would be a joke as a 1st option on the Raptors (or any team for that matter... he was a great ancillary player but had no scoring or playmaking bag at all) and Pau never made All NBA til he went to LA and played with Kobe.

I guess you just didn't watch prime Raptors predator hair having, face up aficionado Chris Bosh.

You once said Siakam was better than Giannis. No one cares what you say about NBA, you've proven to be clueless with statements like that.

You... obviously care since you respond to my posts all the time lmao. If you didn't care, you wouldn't. But the truth keeps yall coming back.

I'm fascinated by your stupidity, and want to see what dumb thing you'll say next. That doesn't mean I value your opinions about basketball. Siakam>Giannis is something an insane person says.

Well keep tuned in then my friend. I've got plenty of entertainment for you. *wink wink*

I watch the NBA a lot more in Bosh prime than I watch it now. I had raptor fans mad at me on here when they traded for Jermaine O’Neal, because I made a topic saying I have never been more sure a supposed superstar pairing was about to do absolutely nothing.

In fact, I distinctly remember making a topic about 22 people I would rather have than Chris Bosch, and forgetting people and it expanding to like 27. I actually had to make a Vin Baker video in the late 2000s because people who were probably your age were disgusted I was comparing Bosh to him when they never even saw him play.

If I’m on the never even saw him play side of an argument on here it’s because I barely watch the league now. Otherwise it’s people like you talking to me about things I generally saw in person as an adult when they were between five and 15. Youre early 30s now and Bosh was drafted 21 years ago so that would seem to apply at the moment.

you can think he’s whatever. Fact is an awful lot of people didn’t, which is why he wasn’t so much as all NBA 3rd team more than once in his life. Though I’m sure that honor means nothing to you now despite you being the one to bring it up.

I'm someone who's honestly come to appreciate Bosh more since the small ball era took off around the league, but the way people try to paint his career in Toronto is straight up embarrassing Like Blaze alluded to, this dude didn't even make as much as an All-NBA 3rd Team in 12 of his 13 seasons in the league. Tpols (of course) cherrypicked the one season in his career where he did make an All-NBA Team and led Toronto to a winning record. Funny how he didn't mention any of the other seasons where he failed to do either.

Has Tatum been on a better team than Bosh was in Toronto? Of course. But does that mean we should realistically expect Bosh to replicate his success with Boston, leading them to multiple ECF's, making it to the Finals, having 50 point Game 7's? There's just nothing from Bosh's career that would indicate he would do that, he's closer to someone like Siakam than he is to Tatum.

Bosh was 9th in ppg and 4th in PER in 2010, Tatum is currently 9th in PPG 15th in PER

Bosh always gets underrated because he's the one who sacrificed the most offensively and because most of his career was spent on bad teams. He made 11 straight ASGs and was on Team USA prior to Miami as well and made All-NBA 2nd team, so far from a scrub that Bron fans have tried to make him out to be. He still had it and would have continued to make more ASGs and had a lengthy career if not for the blood clots.

Tatum might be the better player individually, but that doesn't really matter in this context.

Like Blaze alluded to, this dude didn't even make as much as an All-NBA 3rd Team in 12 of his 13 seasons in the league. Tpols (of course) cherrypicked the one season in his career where he did make an All-NBA Team and led Toronto to a winning record. Funny how he didn't mention any of the other seasons where he failed to do either.
    Nor did one of the most “The regular season doesn’t matter” prone people I ever met point out he did 17.5 ppg on the playoffs on worse TS than Iversons playoff career average which I’ve seen him call attention to. Got beat in the first round in 6 by a .500 Nets team being eliminated in a 1 point games where Bosh was 8-22. A game 6 they only got to by virtue of his teammates stepping up when he was 3-11 for 11 points and the only negative(-9) in the starting lineup in game 5. Jose Calderon got him that one. One of 3 total playoff wins in 7 seasons in Toronto.

Not the way I’d choose to look at it but the selective use of such logic by some is hilarious.