Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is Lauri Markannen the best off-ball scorer in the league?

A little over 20.5 ppg of his 23.8 ppg on 65.2% TS comes off the ball. That's 86.4%. I did the rough/ballpark math below.

I'm not sure if any other player in the league can match that level of off-ball production. Not only is he a knockdown catch-and-shoot player, he also cuts to the basket amazingly well. Handles the ball good enough to attack closeouts effectively.

One of the most portable players in the league. You could effortlessly fit him into any offense.

Almost all of his 23.8 ppg on 65.2% TS comes off the ball. 74.4% of his 4.7 2pt FGM are assisted and 97.8% of his 3.3 3pt FGM are assisted.

4.7 2pt FGM x 0.744 = 3.4968 x 2 = 6.9936 points assisted
    3.3 3pt FGM x 0.978 = 3.2274 x 3 = 9.6822 points assisted

16.6758 ppg from assisted FGM.

4.7 2pt FGM x 0.256 = 1.2032 x 2 = 2.4064 points not assisted
    3.3 3pt FGM x 0.022 = 0.0726 x 3 = 0.2178 points not assisted

2.6242 ppg from unassisted FGM.

4.5 ppg from free throws are not included. 86.4% of his 19.3 ppg are assisted. Let's assume 86.4% of his 4.5 ppg from free throws are assisted.

4.5 ppg x 0.864 = 3.888 assisted ppg from free throws.

3.888 + 16.6758 = 20.5638 ppg from assisted FGM and free throws.

2.6242 + 0.612 = 3.2362 ppg from unassisted FGM and free throws.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Is Lauri Markannen the best off-ball scorer in the league?

He's basically a 6'9 super Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    He's basically a 6'9 super Klay.
    He's actually a legitimate 7' or 6'11". He plays more like a 6'9" wing.

The absolute best I would say is still Lebron, but Lauri may be somewhere in the running after him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    He's actually a legitimate 7' or 6'11". He plays more like a 6'9" wing.
    I didn't want to say that because I was afraid I'd be totally wrong, but in the clip you posted he looked not only like the tallest guy on the court but the biggest as well. That's insane he has this level of skill and fame wise nobody knows who he is.

Xiao where the **** you at? Why are you not repping your boy? This might be the best talent on the Jazz since Karl Malone.

I didn't want to say that because I was afraid I'd be totally wrong, but in the clip you posted he looked not only like the tallest guy on the court but the biggest as well. That's insane he has this level of skill and fame wise nobody knows who he is.

Xiao where the **** you at? Why are you not repping your boy? This might be the best talent on the Jazz since Karl Malone.
    My first time really seeing him was in Cleveland's play-in games a couple years ago, they won the first game I believe in an upset and then lost the second game, but he played great on both sides of the ball even tho he wasnt really featured the way he is now in Utah. I'd heard of him but never really watched him, seemed like he was a great piece to have along with the rest of their young group. I was kinda surprised when they included him in the Mitchell trade that offseason, altho obviously to get Mitchell they had to give up something reasonably valuable.

But yeah the Jazz are an interesting group, they're up to .500 now even though I'm not sure management even wants them to be winning this year for lottery purposes. The move for Collins was nice, theyve got Kessler, Olynyk is having a good year. Loathe as I am to agree with Xiao, they'd probably have even more wins if they hadnt been greenlighting "The Bum" so much earlier in the season.

Curious to see if Ainge does anything at the deadline. They have assets but I guess it'll depend on whats available. But they're def on the rise.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The IPO did not have many biters

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...l-somewhat-low

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    But yeah the Jazz are an interesting group, they're up to .500 now even though I'm not sure management even wants them to be winning this year for lottery purposes. The move for Collins was nice, theyve got Kessler, Olynyk is having a good year. Loathe as I am to agree with Xiao, they'd probably have even more wins if they hadnt been greenlighting "The Bum" so much earlier in the season.
    Clarkson is awful, Xiao is absolutely right. Clarkson was awful back when he was on the Lakers. It was painful watching him play. Impersonating Kobe without the talent and even less inclined to include others is shocking.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

The absolute best I would say is still Lebron, but Lauri may be somewhere in the running after him.
    If Lebron could shoot and was 7' maybe

Still not as impactful as Gobert or Stockton.

My first time really seeing him was in Cleveland's play-in games a couple years ago, they won the first game I believe in an upset and then lost the second game, but he played great on both sides of the ball even tho he wasnt really featured the way he is now in Utah. I'd heard of him but never really watched him, seemed like he was a great piece to have along with the rest of their young group. I was kinda surprised when they included him in the Mitchell trade that offseason, altho obviously to get Mitchell they had to give up something reasonably valuable.

Curious to see if Ainge does anything at the deadline. They have assets but I guess it'll depend on whats available. But they're def on the rise.
    Pretty sure they wanted to get rid of him and Sexton. 3 bigs don't work unless they defend like Gobert and McDaniels. Ainge wanted Lauri and Sexton. He used NY to raise the price to 3 1sts. Their 1st this year is top 10 protected to OKC so it actually sounds like they want OKC to have the pick this year in a weak draft. Need to move Collins, The Bum and Simone ideally

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Clarkson is awful, Xiao is absolutely right. Clarkson was awful back when he was on the Lakers. It was painful watching him play. Impersonating Kobe without the talent and even less inclined to include others is shocking.
    looking back at his numbers early in his career it's amazing he ever stuck around. Had China written all over him. The fact that he continues to get payed and praised is unbelievable. Definitely painful to watch. I didn't like him when they got him but figured he was better than Exum. I was wrong!

According to Xiao Toody can shoot but LeBron who’s hitting ~40% of his 3s can’t. Can’t make this shit up

can't quit me!

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Utah Jazz are trading Simone Fontecchio to the Detroit Pistons for a 2024 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

– via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Kevin Knox, 2024 second-round pick via Wizards and draft rights to Gabriele Procida to go Jazz in deal, sources tell ESPN.
    – via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Simone Fontecchio will be a restricted free agent this summer and Pistons made trade to keep him as part of franchise’s longer-term core. Fontecchio had a lot of suitors at trade deadline — and Pistons land him for an early second-round pick and draft rights to Procida.

– via Twitter wojespn
    Should be a high 2nd rounder.