Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College star

Default Re: Luka vs peak Lebron (Offense only)

LeBron any day of the week. Peak LeBron would just eviscerate today's game. He put up 30/8/6 PPG on 52/36/76 splits just a couple of seasons ago at the age of 37.

Now imagine him at 27? Uff....

I'm guessing something like 36/11/10 on 55/37/78.

Jokic Stan

Too hard to compare since Luka has ONLY played in the easiest offensive era ever.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    LeBron any day of the week. Peak LeBron would just eviscerate today's game. He put up 30/8/6 PPG on 52/36/76 splits just a couple of seasons ago at the age of 37.

Yeah I think there’s a good chance LeBron is consensus GOAT if he is in his prime in today’s league. Shows how perception is influenced by the way the league is cuz he wouldn’t be any better than he was. On a similar note someone (maybe Wemby) is gonna make both LeBron and MJ look obsolete in the GOAT debate if Silver keeps defense banned. We haven’t seen that player yet but eventually we’ll get a guy like LeBron who can shoot consistently or a Jokic like player who’s elite at defense. Now imagine such a player with the way games are played today.

Banned

Lebron and it's not close to me.

I am rarely "wowed" by what Luka does on the floor. He's very skilled but I'm still not convinced he's this transcendent, generational player. Plus he carries the ball like a mutherfukker.

Lebron was always good for 1 or 2 "wows" a game. Like "holy shit did I just see that" type stuff.

First time I ever saw Lebron play was on ESPN when they televised one of his high school games. I remember he made a behind the back bounce pass IN transition... THROUGH traffic... and it was executed flawlessly. First time he was ever on national television, at 18 year old, and he does something maybe a handful of guys throughout history were ever capable of.

I haven't had that feeling watching Luka yet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post

People don't fully comprehend how athletic lebron was (even though he still is). Imagine being a 240 6'7 at 16 or 17 years old with guard skills, speed, and hops... Lebron is probably the GOAT High school basketball player.

@1:20 to 2:00 lebron throws down a nonchalant tomahawk dunks where his head meets the rim and throws a behind the back pass effortlessly.

And all taped up looking like and being the size of an NFL linebacker. At 16 or 17.

LeBron is at worse 2 to 3 tiers above Luka if prime- peak LeBron was playing today he would be head shoulders above everyone else there wouldn’t even be a debate. Numbers being so inflated these days barely any defense played it’s a joke to watch.