Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default The nba, nfl, college ball, mlb, and nhl all on one app. Legally.

That is how cable finally dies.

Warner Bros. Discovery is preparing to launch a streaming service in partnership with ESPN / Disney and Fox Sports, as reported earlier by CNBC and Sports Business Journal. All three companies have agreed in principle to launch an as-yet-unnamed standalone app, of which they all share one-third ownership, this fall that streams a range of leagues and sports.

It is poised to have sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNews, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, and truTV. The new service will air games from the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), the National Basketball Association (NBA), and the National Hockey League (NHL), along with NASCAR, PGA Tour Golf, Grand Slam Tennis, and more. Disney Plus, Hulu, and Max users will also get the option to bundle the new service.

They price it under 40 bucks and just air all live American sports traditional tv serves no purpose.

It was only a matter of time.

They get enough people they can afford to pull sports off cable and sell it directly to you for more than they get from the cable companies.

The only real victims Will be the little side networks, Disney and Turner bully cable companies into carrying as a condition of giving them the sports channels.

If it gets access to Redzone and nba network so I can use it on a Firestick Or something while I travel? I’m saving that 240 a month on cable. I literally don’t even turn the box on for anything but live sports.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: The nba, nfl, college ball, mlb, and nhl all on one app. Legally.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

We have needed this for way too long.

I’ll pay a lot if it’s just all sports and not 500 channels i’ll never watch

Sounds too good to be true but i’m hoping

Gonna have to get them login credentials from a friend once they purchase it.

Bet your life it will have a day one block on password sharing and lock itself to a limited number of devices. If not they’re just biding their time so the whole friend group gets a taste before making you get your own. It won’t take years like Netflix.

Now I just need Bally Sports to go under so local Orlando Magic games can be apart of this and not blacked out.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

So streameast

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare View Post
    So streameast
    If you watch sports alone in your apartment. I’ve been streaming for 20 years and I’d never use a stream with other people. Big events have 400 streams and 350 will struggle or make you reload at some point including some you pay for.

The timing feels kinda weird, with Lebron being so late in his career. Will people even watch sports when he's retired?

So basically just a better FUBO or youtubeTV with add-ons etc. I actually don't think this is a big deal except it makes it slightly cheaper for people per month who ONLY want to watch sports

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

I would pay $100 for this. Literally don't care about anything but live sports. Too lazy to keep up with a bunch of different streaming services. All in one on the same app sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    So basically just a better FUBO or youtubeTV with add-ons etc. I actually don't think this is a big deal except it makes it slightly cheaper for people per month who ONLY want to watch sports

Is there anything else to watch live?

I don’t even remember the last non sports program I watched as it aired initially.

I think better call Saul is the only thing I sat through a commercial to watch that wasn’t sports since at least the start of Covid. That brief part of summer with no basketball or football? I’m paying for four rooms of cable boxes that literally don’t even get turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    Yeah I actually don’t think there is a big market for this. And who watches every sport? I only watch NBA extensively. This app would do nothing for me and laker games would still be blacked out.