Jokic Stan

Default There are players that shouldn't be in the NBA.

Over the last few years I noticed some absolute scrubs somehow playing in the NBA. The only way I can think of it is is pure nepotism.

The first person that came to mind was Theo Pinson. I watched him a lot in college because I am a UNC fan, and he was average as hell in college. Yet he somehow played 127 games in the NBA - he averaged 2.7ppg on 32% from the field and 26% from 3 (total crap right?). He is not even close to an NBA level player yet he got 127 games?

Another player that I just realized is Leaky Black. He was another scrub IN COLLEGE...yet he has played 20 games for the Hornets this season.

Dont even get me started on Giannis' brother.

The NBA needs to crack down on this nepotism crap. There are clearly good players that deserve to be in the NBA but they aren't because of politics like this.

Default Re: There are players that shouldn't be in the NBA.

There are more skilled players in the league than ever. Every position is having to stretch their game out to the perimeter.

I recall players like DJ Mbenga, Mark Madsen, Brian Cook (although he had a outside shot) that really wouldn't be in the league today... their skills just were not there.

The problem is, pure on court performance isn't the only factor of a team's success. Lets say Thanasis isn't up to NBA standard but what if having an older brother in the team makes your superstar more comfortable and coachable? What if Theo Pinson is a good locker room guy with leadership qualities. It's really hard to prove nepotism.

How is the NBA supposed to crack down on incompetence?

If someone genuinely believes Killian Hayes should be a starting PG, who are you to say otherwise? That's something for the team's governorship group to decide to hold the POBO, GM, and coach accountable for their incompetence, not the league.

Yeah. Youre right OP. They’re called “Lebron’s teammates.”

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Austin Rivers comes to mind.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

The fact that having Thanasis makes Giannis more likely to stay in Mil already makes the signing worth its weight in gold.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Admiral Schofield

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Over the last few years I noticed some absolute scrubs somehow playing in the NBA. The only way I can think of it is is pure nepotism.

The first person that came to mind was Theo Pinson. I watched him a lot in college because I am a UNC fan, and he was average as hell in college. Yet he somehow played 127 games in the NBA - he averaged 2.7ppg on 32% from the field and 26% from 3 (total crap right?). He is not even close to an NBA level player yet he got 127 games?

Another player that I just realized is Leaky Black. He was another scrub IN COLLEGE...yet he has played 20 games for the Hornets this season.

Dont even get me started on Giannis' brother.

The NBA needs to crack down on this nepotism crap. There are clearly good players that deserve to be in the NBA but they aren't because of politics like this.
    I have read and heard that TA is the most athletic player on the team.
    I can guarantee you that the worst looking scrub in the NBA can kill you one on one , and quite possibly ever college hooper.