Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Where do Philly go from here

With Embiid likely out for the rest of the year it's looking like another year of disappointment for the 76ers

Should they just blow it up and start it over at this point

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Where do Philly go from here

Not yet with all the Cap space they can create. If the Clippers go out sad I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign Paul George. Won’t be earth shattering but it justifies a look to see if they can get lucky with somebody else getting hurt next year.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Having seen so many careers damaged or destroyed by knee injuries I hope for Embiid's sake that they are as cautious as possible. Robert Williams could have been an elite player based on just his defensive impact. Unfortunately 2 years ago he tried the fast route back from this surgery and it lead to him being a part time player last season and is likely related to his season-ending injury this season. Embiid is even bigger and heavier with his own history of missed games and seasons, and if they rush him back I think you see him sacrifice much of his future for the sake of barely participating in the playoffs and going out in the first two rounds.

I would not blow Philly up because they will have max cap space. So allow themselves to not do much this year, add the best free agent available this summer to Embiid and Maxey and have a real shot at the Finals next season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    With Embiid likely out for the rest of the year it's looking like another year of disappointment for the 76ers

Should they just blow it up and start it over at this point
    Manny and facts don't go well together

Meniscus surgery is like a six week thing. A lot of times you dont even really need the surgery, doctors just recommend it because they make bank performing it.

Embiid should be back in plenty of time to lose in the second round.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

big wiggle rampage alert!

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I really wanted to see a 76ers-Nuggets Finals.

As for the question I have no idea. There comes a point when the team needs to take another direction but I think Philly is not there yet. So I don't expect much change for now.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Meniscus surgery is like a six week thing. A lot of times you dont even really need the surgery, doctors just recommend it because they make bank performing it.

Jimmy tore his meniscus later in February in 2018 when he was with Minnesota, had surgery and was back by the playoffs. He didn't look comfortable in the playoffs, but was still good.

Embiid has had past surgery on this knee so it could be more complex. I wouldn't be disappointed if they shut him down for the season and re-up over the Summer to go for it next year.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Manny and facts don't go well together
    To be fair it's unknown how bad it will be and unfortunately pessimism is warranted.

https://www.espn.com/nba/truehoop/mi...emoved-college

A more famous example than the one that I mentioned before. And Embiid has a bad injury history. He should think of the good of his career and health after his career, not just a longshot championship this season. Let's say he had the best case six week comeback. He was already doing more load management than anyone. With this on top of everything he would be limping through what, 20 minutes of action per game, missing at least half the games after his return? I don't know that for a fact of course just pointing out that however he comes back it's going to be rough and jeopardize his long-term prospects. He could find himself injured again after rushing back, misses another season, and then when he asks Philly for 350 million, what do you think they will say? His loyalty may earn him a play-by-play job after his retirement but it will also earn him that retirement. He needs to look out for himself.

They're a cursed franchise. But folks shouldn't worry, since they'll still make the playoffs anyway.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

He'll be out at least 2 months and if they bring him back early he won't be close to 100% and is a risk of doing further damage

Best for his long term health to sit him out for the rest of the year, best not to rush with these type of injuries

He'll be out at least 2 months and if they bring him back early he won't be close to 100% and is a risk of doing further damage

Best for his long term health to sit him out for the rest of the year, best not to rush with these type of injuries
    Well, it's his life. Whatever he wants to do. I dont care.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

reading comprehension and Manny also don't do well together

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Things could always be worse. We could be building a team around someone like a mikal bridges or something. When you think about it like that. Things really ain’t that bad (prayer hands emoji) (one bead of sweat falling with eyes closed emoji)

Had the procedure this morning and will be re-evaluated 4wks.

Still hoping to return this season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...knee-procedure