Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Default Re: OKC is now first in the West

I wonder if fans in Seattle still hate success for the Thunder

Weren't they somewhere bet. the 4th-6th seed last year? At least according to the 2023 dumbest psychopath itb.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    They are the biggest playoff paper tiger for a #1 seed that I've ever seen maybe.
    Why would you say that? What makes them frauds in your eyes?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Is everyone aware of this fact?

Honestly, if they keep it up, give the MVP to Shai, give the ROY to Chet.

Yeah, it's a team with a ton of good young talent, but they have no business being 1st anyway. I bet most people can't name 3 players outside Shai/Chet.

We're talking Lou Dort, Josh Giddey, Jalen Williams (who?).

And ... they have had Andrey Pokusevski injured the entire season.

This is a team that should try to contend by trading one of their young talents for a high level vet.
    What do you mean who? He's 22 in his second year and outside of Chet and maybe Paolo is probably the best player from that draft. Even then though, Paolo has the sexier numbers being on the team he is but Jalen is a very solid defender, fantastic shooter, and an all-around good player already. He's for real.

They don't need to do anything significant at all. I agree that they won't win this year but give it one more year and Shai/Chet/Jalen will be an absolutely elite 1-2-3. Giddey and Dort are gravy after that.

What they really need is a big. Not even a great one but a guy who can come in and play aggressively, get boards, and defend. With an Onyeka Okongwu or a a Vanderbilt and they'd be a legit title contender right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

OKC 1st Spurs dead last

Quite clear who the best rookie is

OKC has a point differential of 8.0, second in the league to Boston. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they finish season 1st in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    What do you mean who? He's 22 in his second year and outside of Chet and maybe Paolo is probably the best player from that draft. Even then though, Paolo has the sexier numbers being on the team he is but Jalen is a very solid defender, fantastic shooter, and an all-around good player already. He's for real.

They don't need to do anything significant at all. I agree that they won't win this year but give it one more year and Shai/Chet/Jalen will be an absolutely elite 1-2-3. Giddey and Dort are gravy after that.

What they really need is a big. Not even a great one but a guy who can come in and play aggressively, get boards, and defend. With an Onyeka Okongwu or a a Vanderbilt and they'd be a legit title contender right now.

Seriously i have watched OKC several times this year and Jalen is a beast. I am sick that we passed on him to draft Johnny Davis

Jalen definitely looks like a future All-Star to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Seriously i have watched OKC several times this year and Jalen is a beast. I am sick that we passed on him to draft Johnny Davis

Jalen definitely looks like a future All-Star to me.
    looks like he just needs to shoot a lot more 3's

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    OKC 1st Spurs dead last

Quite clear who the best rookie is
    It started out that way but Thicc Vic has made steady gains due to improving his shooting consistency. It's realistically probably a toss up at this point.

That said, if people base all star selections and MVP awards on team record, I guess you have to keep it that way for ROY too. Not that voters ever make sense with how they do these things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It started out that way but Thicc Vic has made steady gains due to improving his shooting consistency. It's realistically probably a toss up at this point.

That said, if people base all star selections and MVP awards on team record, I guess you have to keep it that way for ROY too. Not that voters ever make sense with how they do these things.
    ROTY has never been about winning. It's usually a guy on one of the worst teams.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    looks like he just needs to shoot a lot more 3's
    He plays within the flow of the offense. If it’s there he shoots, passes, whatever is needed.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I yeah you because you're a racist dumb**** and that fact hasn't changed. I am just being honest about the fact I don't know much about this guy. How could I? He's only played in 9 games this season and isn't a starter. Him being injured often... isn't a good thing, in terms of his value. So far it sounds like all he's got going for him is being relatively young, tall, and maybe a good shooter (only one of his four seasons has good three point shooting). Tie that to what seems to be frequent injury issues and who do you think they are getting back for him? I legit don't know. I figure it would have to be a team whose scouting department liked him before he came to the NBA because the NBA numbers just aren't impressive.
    You're a dumb ****.

I'm smart as ****.

OKC literally traded for Hayward, the penultimate vet.

I rarely call out users, but you're stupid as ****. I'm racist but I'm smart.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    You're a dumb ****.

I'm smart as ****.

OKC literally traded for Hayward, the penultimate vet.

I rarely call out users, but you're stupid as ****. I'm racist but I'm smart.
    Ok..who did they trade Pokosevski for you smart racist?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

OKC is legit.

If people told you in 2014 that the warriors would win 73 games 2 years later and a championship they'd be laughed at. OKC is a young up and coming juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    OKC is legit.

If people told you in 2014 that the warriors would win 73 games 2 years later and a championship they'd be laughed at. OKC is a young up and coming juggernaut.
    Imagine if they scoop up Prince Bronny in the draft and add King LeHung as well in free agency.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, PRESTI