Local High School Star

Default So, after the Buck fail to do anything significant in the playoffs this year...

What exactly would be the argument to hire Doc Rivers as coach?

In the past ten years Doc has coached, and failed to get Finals appearances out of: Peak Chris Paul and Peak Blake Griffin with a solid cast(3 second rounds knocks outs, 3 first rounds knock outs and a blown 3-1 lead), Prime Kawhi Leonard and prime Paul George with a really good cast for one year(Blown 3-1 lead in the WCF), Prime Embiid and peak Ben Simmons with a good cast(Blown 3-1 lead in the second round), Peak Embiid and late prime Harden with a solid cast(Blown 3-2 lead in the second round).

And now Peak Giannis and Lillard. I have no faith he can shore up this defense. And no guidance on offense.

I've said FO's are as dumb as it gets, and this really proves it. They know nothing about the actual substance of the game. A previous championship coach is all they see. They have no other way to judge.

If Doc wasn't so arrogant and didn't publicly throw Simmons under the bus after the Hawks series I wouldn't be so disgusted with all this.

Default Re: So, after the Buck fail to do anything significant in the playoffs this year...

The argument would be he's the best available coach. They have a limited window to make a run and can't wait until the offseason to see if there are Eric Spoelstras lying around the coaching market.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: So, after the Buck fail to do anything significant in the playoffs this year...

Well I was not impressed by the double coming off the weak side in Game 5 vs the Pacers, Haliburton is a star but he wasn't having a good game and Hield is a dangerous shooter...

Oh wait, I can't analyze something that hasn't happened yet? Nevermind then.

Doc's recent history has not been good but Ben Simmons is one of the biggest bums of all time. His time in Milwaukee could go badly but I don't see how we properly criticize it yet when it hasn't happened. I do not see how he gets them defending as well with Lillaird as they did with Holiday but he took this job so the expectations will be on him unfair or not. If he is fired at the end of the year the GM has to be out the door with him and the owner should rethink his approach. Never seen a contender with a perennial mvp candidate superstar fire two coaches in the same season. Unless they go out in the first round Doc is likely to get next season as well. But Milwaukee really hasn't gotten past the original sin of firing Budenholzer after his brother died. That combined with leaving Holiday out there for Boston to steal are the two moves that are currently costing them...but they're still in second place. It's not over yet.

Let's hope they don't draw Miami in the 1st round!

Local High School Star

32-14 with Griffin and Prunty

15-16 with Doc Rivers

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    32-14 with Griffin and Prunty

15-16 with Doc Rivers

Irrelevant. It's what the Skittles Stealer wanted

So long as Bucks get out of the first round, Doc job is safe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Let's hope they don't draw Miami in the 1st round!
    oh I am hoping for this , to kick Bucks mentality into gear.

Would lov to see butface walk off the court as a loser , saying he is better than everyone.

I don't think Doc is a horrible coach, he's just not a top 10 coach. He shouldn't be hired by any top 10 team, this just shows how incompetent multi-billion dollar corpos are that this dude keeps getting jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    I don't think Doc is a horrible coach, he's just not a top 10 coach. He shouldn't be hired by any top 10 team, this just shows how incompetent multi-billion dollar corpos are that this dude keeps getting jobs.
    He'd be better as assistant coach.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

u guys obviously haven't watched the bucks as much as I have.
    Rivers after the all-star break made a difference and had them believing in themselves.

Something happened in the locker room 2 weeks ago , and it went south.

lillard in a game passed up open 3's like the plague.
    What the fvck is with him... can't take the pressure, can't play championship ball ???

Bright spot is Beasley ; he has done way more than I ever expected from him.
    He has lost his touch from 3 , but is still working thru it
    But his defense is really awesome.

Lopez is older like the rest of the team; but he is still calling out defensive plays.

Next season they need to make a trade for younger talent that will start , and surge them.
    I am afraid their legs are getting old.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    u guys obviously haven't watched the bucks as much as I have.
    Rivers after the all-star break made a difference and had them believing in themselves.

Something happened in the locker room 2 weeks ago , and it went south.

lillard in a game passed up open 3's like the plague.
    What the fvck is with him... can't take the pressure, can't play championship ball ???

Bright spot is Beasley ; he has done way more than I ever expected from him.
    He has lost his touch from 3 , but is still working thru it
    But his defense is really awesome.

Lopez is older like the rest of the team; but he is still calling out defensive plays.

Next season they need to make a trade for younger talent that will start , and surge them.
    I am afraid their legs are getting old.
    Why would the bold surprise anybody? What did he ever do in Portland to give the idea that he could?

Yeah, he hit a couple at the buzzer, Bob Horry style. But he's not leading a team anywhere.