Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star

Default Re: So...Jokic with 1 title and 3 MVPs probably overtake Moses all time right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Obviously it's a great milestone, (even though he finished his NBA/ABA career 29k points, not 30) but does that really matter when comparing players? John Havlicek at one point was 3rd in total career points, ahead of guys like Jerry West.
    I don't know about the ABA conversion rate but didn't he finish with 31793. I think bench marks are important I think you need to break certain threshholds before placing someone on all-time lists. You can rank Jerry ahead of John because it's only 1,000 point difference between the two. At one point we had Kevin Durant in the top 10 based on his early career numbers but things happen. Is a single ring really enough to put him in the top 20 or even 30 now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: So...Jokic with 1 title and 3 MVPs probably overtake Moses all time right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I believe he is fairly ranked. Yes, he was the best player in the league at one point, but what holds him down is that his game was pretty one dimensional compared to the other all-time great centers.
    Yes, that is my point. His game was one dimensional yet he still managed to dominate. I believe that gets held against some players unfairly. In the end, results matter.

Even that being said Jokic is climbing fast, this peak he’s having is legendary, even if he quits today it’s going to be something that will be talked about for along time.

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    At one point we had Kevin Durant in the top 10 based on his early career numbers but things happen.

Who is we?

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

They are such different players. What I remember most was that as a Lakers fan, Moses Malone was frightening in 1983. A player that could call Fo Fo Fo - a player that you could do nothing about. Having said that, Jokic has such a fantastic all-around offensive game that gets his teammates involved, the subtleties are beautiful to watch. Maybe it's recency bias that has me leaning toward Jokic, but I know that if prime Moses stepped on to the court against my team, I'd be nervous.